Jump to content Jump to content

2 Suggestions that would make the game a bit better imo

1. Red flag after a big crash where a lot of cars are involved in.

I think with the new damage model the red flag will have a nice purpose ingame now. for example: first corner someone makes a fault and 3/4 or maybe even more cars will get destroyed and some more gets damaged, maybe a rearwing or a sidepod that is destroyed. If everyone needs to go to the pitlane because of the redflag, people can repair the damaged sidepods/rearwings.

2. Faults in pitlane.

I think it will be also cool if there is a change that there will be a fault in the pitlane for example a tire that wont come off or takes longer than the rest of the tires.

• Agree 1
53 minutes ago, Katoenplukker69 said:

1. Red flag after a big crash where a lot of cars are involved in.

I think with the new damage model the red flag will have a nice purpose ingame now. for example: first corner someone makes a fault and 3/4 or maybe even more cars will get destroyed and some more gets damaged, maybe a rearwing or a sidepod that is destroyed. If everyone needs to go to the pitlane because of the redflag, people can repair the damaged sidepods/rearwings.

2. Faults in pitlane.

I think it will be also cool if there is a change that there will be a fault in the pitlane for example a tire that wont come off or takes longer than the rest of the tires.

The issue with including red flags is consoles shutting down/going to sleep after a set amount of time without attention, which is what could potentially happen if the red flag's long enough. For example, red flags involving barrier repairs routinely take long enough for the console to shut off. Thus. I don't think red flags will ever be included in a racing game, let alone an F1 game. That's looking past the fact that cars involved in big accidents (and presumably any stray carbon fibre) just disappear from the track.

I totally agree with the need for pit stops to be, essentially, randomized in length. I suggest implementing a button-pushing system similat t one from a NASCAR game I can't play due to incompatibility with PS4. The system had a, possibly random (can't remember), sequence of △s, Xs, ◯s, and s for the player to push during a pit stop. Granted, I don't know how well such a system would work in an F1 game because in-game stops are are in the 2.0 second range compared to the then 18-20 second NASCAR stops because of refueling and having five lugnuts before factoring in non-tyre pressure adjustments.

Didn't f1 championship edition on PS3 have the random button sequence in pit stops . You messed it up your stop was longer . Yes pretty sure it was  . Overlooked feature back then as pit stops could definitely do with some variation like real life . Majority of people would just flash back if they messed it up tho so probably won't be brought back sadly.  

• 1 month later...

Red flag could be very nice ! Restart the race after a big crash 😄

About the fault in the pit-lane, HOW MANY TIMES has someone walked out of the stands on me! Fortunately this turns my car into a "ghost" thus avoiding any damage, but it should not happen!

On 8/5/2021 at 1:23 AM, Naxlr said:

Didn't f1 championship edition on PS3 have the random button sequence in pit stops . You messed it up your stop was longer . Yes pretty sure it was  . Overlooked feature back then as pit stops could definitely do with some variation like real life . Majority of people would just flash back if they messed it up tho so probably won't be brought back sadly.  

Think your right.  Such a long time ago

f1ce had some cool features I wish cm would adopt.

Not sure it’s a feature people would flashback constantly.

I only use flashback when game ai makes mistakes..  or something like my phone rings or my daughter dares to distract me.  When it’s my own fault I suck it up

Edited by ScaredDuck