Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirt Rally - GRAPHICS BUG on longer stages

I'm having difficulties playing longer stages in rally and hill climb, because sometimes between the stage the graphics are somewhat broken.
It looks like this:
https://youtu.be/2JuRSZiyTxE
https://youtu.be/5Nd7jnndH1k

It happens only on longer stages of rally and hill climb. Doesn't happen on shorter stages or in rallycross.
I've tried reinstalling the GPU drivers, tried beta drivers, verified game integrity, deleted tracks and then verified game integrity again. Also tried playing with the graphics settings, advanced blending off/on (i have it primarily off), different graphics levels, using DX10 mode. The only time it didn't happen was when the shaders set to the lowest setting, but then I get this weird imprint/artifact on the windscreen when using the indoor cameras (so always).

My config:
  • Xeon E3-1231v3
  • 16GB RAM
  • ASUS STRIX R9 285 2GB
  • Windows 10
  • Latest GPU Drivers
  • 1080p ultra settings
  • Logitech DGFT Wheel and Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick for handbrake
I've though about my GPU being the culprit, but I've load tested it with several benchmarks, tried filling VRAM to full, tried playing several other games and also running benchmarks in there, but nothing helped. So I've abandoned the idea that my GPU is faulty.

Has anyone had similar issues and found a solution?

Here are the direct links to the videos:
httx://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JuRSZiyTxE
httx://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nd7jnndH1k

Just replace x with p, as the code block is apparently ignored.

My bet is GPU overheating. Almost sure. 

Is it manually overclocked?

After various AMD GPU´s I have seen this issue since 2000´s model. When it overheats, it throws artifacts and processing errors.

Actually it isn't manually OC'd. It's in strix gaming mode, which is the default mode, and it reaches 73°C while playing, which I don't believe is too much for this card (i'd love it if someone would correct me on this one). As I said, it isn't a problem in RX and on any of the shorter stages, and at that time the temperature is the same.

I seem to have something similar happening though nowhere near as extreme so far just weird untextured patches

These patches are in random places throughout the stage. When I view this one from behind the car light shines out of it. Is it aliens?

This is on the shorter version of the stage. My gfx card is an r9 290 and isn't overclocked. Temps in low 70s at most.

We must be something special if we're experiencing such an obscure bug. It mostly shows these weird untextured patches, but in some longer stages I get the more severe "can't see shit" problem. Some of these patches now also appear towards the end of some shorter Finland stages.

What are your system specs, @Cortextual?

buneech said:
We must be something special if we're experiencing such an obscure bug. It mostly shows these weird untextured patches, but in some longer stages I get the more severe "can't see shit" problem. Some of these patches now also appear towards the end of some shorter Finland stages.

What are your system specs, @Cortextual?
i7 4770k @ 3.5, 16 gb ram, AMD R9 290, running 3 1080p screens. The game is on an ssd, with the OS (Win 10) on a seperate ssd. Been getting stuttering too but not sure that's related.

I'm having the exact same issues. It happens at random. I can drive for an hour without it and then suddenly it's there.

Hello,

Try Verifying the Integrity of the game cache.
Right Click on DiRT Rally in Steam > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache

Verified the integrity, didn't help.

I went for a drive and when I got to a problematic patch, I opened the settings and tried fiddling with them. The only change was if I set Shader Detail to Ultra Low, then it disappeared. I've recorded it:
https://youtu.be/A7FYjl5KJpk

Also, something weird happened after that, some of the track bug went to visit the replay area:
https://youtu.be/MuVZh-89Np4

I have exactly the same issue. But it didn't seem to be random for me : it appears at the sames places  in the tracks.
Window 10, HD7770, latest drivers.

Cortextual said:

snip...

I seem to have something similar happening though nowhere near as extreme so far just weird untextured patches

In video options... try turning shader down to medium or low.
See if that clears it up.

I had my shader set to high and noticed Black flickering "concrete slabs" on the German stages.
I also noticed some corruption on wet patches/puddles on the Welsh stages too.

I put the "shader" down and have'nt noticed any since. :)

It gets rid of it for me, as shown in the video posted above, but only on very low setting. But that's just a workaround, not a permanent solution.

@DeputyDiRT Is there a debug console or something in this game, to get the info at the time this is happening? To determine where the problem is.

Dunno if it's useful to anyone to know this but the patches stay in the same place when restarting the run, but if you back out and reload the track they are gone or moved.

Okay, so I tried playing with Shader detail set to ultra low, and at first it looked like it was okay, but then the artifacts came back.

@DeputyDiRT The latest beta drivers render my PC unusable, as after login the screen just turns green.
I'll try again today to see if the issue persists.

EDIT: Tried it again today with the 15.10 Beta drivers, and after login the screen turns green.

Used DDU to remove the driver completely, and then installed the latest beta drivers, 15.10. The bug still persists.

Has anyone found an answer to this bug? i have changed setting all over to fix this and it happens in the same places in the same stages? it doesn't seem to be an over heating issue because i can drive through it and it will go away in the stage? i hope it gets figured out?

AMD FX 6300 6-core, 8GB  ram,  Radeon 7700

Are you using windows 10? Is so its a known AMD driver issue as mentioned in the driver release notes:
  • [423378] Dirt Rally™ may show corruption in game textures after installing the V500 game update

Sorry i was away, Yes i am using windows 10? so really we just need to wait it out for a fix to this texture corruption? the games awesome anyway. thanks DeputyDirt