Jump to content Jump to content

Logitech G293 Trueforce on Series X

Attempted to add to troubleshooting forum but app won't let me select it!

I have a new G923 playing on Series X but seems no support for Trueforce feature in F1 2021. Something to be added later or is this it?

Still can't sync all buttons within the game. Having to use standard controller for extra features as it simply won't accept an input when attempting to bind a function to anything on the bottom half of the wheel layout (L3 etc)

I DM'd back and forth with someone from Logitech about this issue. Currently, F1 2021 doesn't support Trueforce and until it does none of the extra button mapping features will work (LEDs won't work either). He wouldn't give me a straight answer about whether or not they plan on adding it in the future. Pretty insane that it's the newest wheel Logitech offers and we can't access the features we bought it for. 

That's what my biggest disappointment is. This is easily the biggest racing release of 2021 and they completely ignored it. Considering FFB has nothing to do with button mapping, I can't seem to understand why Trueforce would need to be implemented. The fact it works with Assetto Corsa Competizione (2018 launch) and not this game is baffling to me. I'm certain this isn't a Codemasters issue considering it works with Dirt Rally 2.0 as well. Simply put, Logitech needs to correct the compatibility list to include that button mapping won't work unless the game has Trueforce support. 

The same Logitech guy I spoke to just said he can't provide any updates so I don't anticipate on it being implemented. What a travesty. 

20 hours ago, OvOJackie said:

That's what my biggest disappointment is. This is easily the biggest racing release of 2021 and they completely ignored it. Considering FFB has nothing to do with button mapping, I can't seem to understand why Trueforce would need to be implemented. The fact it works with Assetto Corsa Competizione (2018 launch) and not this game is baffling to me. I'm certain this isn't a Codemasters issue considering it works with Dirt Rally 2.0 as well. Simply put, Logitech needs to correct the compatibility list to include that button mapping won't work unless the game has Trueforce support. 

The same Logitech guy I spoke to just said he can't provide any updates so I don't anticipate on it being implemented. What a travesty. 

you act like its Logitechs issue to resolve. yet its Codemasters who chose not to have F1 2021 support trueforce.

You'd have thought logitech would have wanted their new tech supported. I'm not sure who pays who to have support integrated, but if codemasters say its compatible, as they do, that should mean for all features of the device, not just the basics. 

On 8/7/2021 at 10:32 AM, OzzyGamer275 said:

you act like its Logitechs issue to resolve. yet its Codemasters who chose not to have F1 2021 support trueforce.

To quote the man himself:

"I don’t personally like applying any further pressure to developers as they’re already pressured as it is. We certainly would like them to support Trueforce and discussions are continuing, but it’s something they need to fit in with everything else that they’re working on."

Seems like there is some truth to what you said!

1 hour ago, OvOJackie said:

To quote the man himself:

"I don’t personally like applying any further pressure to developers as they’re already pressured as it is. We certainly would like them to support Trueforce and discussions are continuing, but it’s something they need to fit in with everything else that they’re working on."

Seems like there is some truth to what you said!

Yup. its the only reason i have not got the G923 as an upgrade from the G920 yet. until F1 2021 supports Trueforce. it's just not worth the money.