Jump to content Jump to content

Playing as the actual drivers in real season start

I’m actually so confused 

such a good concept 

ultimately ruined by the stupid decision that you can’t play as any of the actual drivers which renders the mode absolutely useless. Seriously I don’t know who actually made that decision but it genuinely doesn’t surprise me

I thought the whole idea was to take a driver and try and improve on their race like Lee Mather said. I want to be able select Verstappen and hold that overtake off of turn 4 past Hamilton and not give it back, I want to be able to pick Vettel at Baku and try to catch Perez for the win in the closing lap.

I was really excited for this but as I said, I’m genuinely not surprised that you’ve somehow found a way to make an absolutely gold concept that could have done bit’s for this game but just completely flop to the point where no one actually remember’s it’s in the game 

Edited by XboistonXx
  • Agree 2
  • XboistonXx changed the title to Playing as the actual drivers in real season start
8 minutes ago, XboistonXx said:

I’m actually so confused 

such a good concept 

ultimately ruined by the stupid decision that you can’t play as any of the actual drivers which renders the mode absolutely useless. Seriously I don’t know who actually made that decision but it genuinely doesn’t surprise me

I thought the whole idea was to take a driver and try and improve on their race like Lee Mather said. I want to be able select Verstappen and hold that overtake off of turn 4 past Hamilton and not give it back, I want to be able to pick Vettel at Baku and try to catch Perez for the win in the closing lap.

I was really excited for this but as I said, I’m genuinely not surprised that you’ve somehow found a way to make an absolutely gold concept that could have done bit’s for this game but just completely flop to the point where no one actually remember’s it’s in the game 

I thought it would just be a gimmicky Grand Prix mode at first, never thought it would completely exceeded my expectation. I hate to criticize all the time, but whoever thought the way this mode was implemented is a good idea, needs to be lock up in a dark room for a week with no ice cream available 😤

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

I thought it would just be a gimmicky Grand Prix mode at first, never thought it would completely exceeded my expectation. I hate to criticize all the time, but whoever thought the way this mode was implemented is a good idea, needs to be lock up in a dark room for a week with no ice cream available 😤

Literally 😂

I actually don’t understand what the thought process was behind not letting players play as the actual drivers in real season start. They literally advertised the mode as allowing players to do that.

Edited by XboistonXx
3 minutes ago, XboistonXx said:

Literally 😂

I actually don’t understand what the thought process was behind not letting players play as the actual drivers seeing as there is next to no option to play as them in the game 

I have a feeling it was just a copy and paste with the Career mode but with an extra line of code to put you into the middle of the season lol, I mean, it probably was a cool idea as an advertising material that you could come up at the last minutes of development.  

Edited by DRTApophis

I know I'm probably a broken record on this but they literally had this feature as one of the core new things in the game. Mathers even included it when noting they had removed classic cars etc. to 'focus on the new features, 2 player career, Braking Point and Real Season Start'. 

I believe they were deliberately vague over the details as it must have been obvious it would be a disappointment. There's even some 'reviews' of the game by the youtube crowd who were given early access that claim you could be a real driver. 

What do you say when people find out it's just a career setup option actually? Nothing, nothing at all apparently. 

The more time passes and I think definitely the more exciting / dramatic the season gets in real life, the more disappointing this becomes. 

1 hour ago, KNT2011 said:

I know I'm probably a broken record on this but they literally had this feature as one of the core new things in the game. Mathers even included it when noting they had removed classic cars etc. to 'focus on the new features, 2 player career, Braking Point and Real Season Start'. 

I believe they were deliberately vague over the details as it must have been obvious it would be a disappointment. There's even some 'reviews' of the game by the youtube crowd who were given early access that claim you could be a real driver. 

What do you say when people find out it's just a career setup option actually? Nothing, nothing at all apparently. 

The more time passes and I think definitely the more exciting / dramatic the season gets in real life, the more disappointing this becomes. 

Literally everything in that is true and it’s so disappointing because I’m not at all even surprised they managed to **** up something that could have made this game have so many endless opportunities for replay. Mather said that the whole point is you picked a real driver and he said it many times whenever the real season start was brought up in interviews and I’m just so confused as to what happened with it as it’s such a waste of a great concept.

I thought the same thing too. Everything I heard before release made is sound like it’s taken over for a real driver at some point in the real season with the same points etc. The whole goal I thought was to continue or start from race 1 as a real driver. I don’t really understand why it’s not the case. I wanted to play this mode until I heard it’s a fictional driver and when I read about the crazy driver transfers people have had in their real season careers. I hope it’s something that gets changed at some point. I do love career mode but really wanted this to be what we all thought it was.

• Agree 1