Jump to content Jump to content

My Team rivals unbeatable


Recommended Posts

So I did almost 2 seasons in My Team now, and I am playing on a optimized difficulty based on my teammate in My Team. A cording to the placement of my teammate and the position of my team in the R & D progress (3d last), we should be around the 15th position. Which I enjoy since that seems to be a nice place for some good fights with the lower tier teams.

However, every time when they ask me to choose a rival I get rivals like: Perez, Riccardo, Norris, Verstappen etc. While those are all unbeatable as the third last team with an average ending on 15th.

Why have they done this? I understand that the player should be (a bit) better as their teammate but according to the team's R & D position those results should be impossible.

  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, I have a similar experience with F1 2021 on myteam / PC / steam, it is significantly harder than in the 2020 game to win an "early" rivarly - while I must admit that I play @AI 90 % which may be a bit too high for me and my driving skills. But the rivals suggested are always from teams that seem a pretty tough choice, and so I have lost a few in a row now. Not that I care too much, I like a challenge, but I can understand the OP's point.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Schneehase said:

Yup, I have a similar experience with F1 2021 on myteam / PC / steam, it is significantly harder than in the 2020 game to win an "early" rivarly - while I must admit that I play @AI 90 % which may be a bit too high for me and my driving skills. But the rivals suggested are always from teams that seem a pretty tough choice, and so I have lost a few in a row now. Not that I care too much, I like a challenge, but I can understand the OP's point.

jep exactly the same here, however it is a great way to earn some rep for you and your team, sadly that I can't win any :classic_laugh:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UndercoverNL said:

sadly that I can't win any :classic_laugh:

For me its double the emberassement, since i am streaming it live to youtube, go and look how Kimi Räikkonen rips me (chow, Pastor Maldonado) into pieces currently.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UndercoverNL said:

every time when they ask me to choose a rival I get rivals like: Perez, Riccardo, Norris, Verstappen etc. While those are all unbeatable as the third last team with an average ending on 15th.

I’m experiencing this too. I lost 3 rivalries  in a row. Now when Claire asks me who my rival is i just dont answer 🤷🏼‍♂️
 

can’t loose acclaim that way…

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

One more testimonial for this one--me too! In MT, my team is 8th fastest and I think has been all season (ahead of Alfa/Haas/Williams) but the options were Ocon and Yuki. Chose the latter but he's crushing me. I don't mind losing this one, because when I chose it I'd only driven a race or two. But I'm not going to do it again anytime soon with someone that far ahead of me.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jobling1983 said:

I’m experiencing this too. I lost 3 rivalries  in a row. Now when Claire asks me who my rival is i just dont answer 🤷🏼‍♂️
 

can’t loose acclaim that way…

yep exactly the same

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

@BarryBL would be your man here, I'm not really a MT/Career player but especially if it looks like a rebalancing is needed then it needs to be seen by the devs.

Thank you for calling them to attention, in any case its more than just a noticeable difference to the previous game and rebalancing might be needed.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

@BarryBL would be your man here, I'm not really a MT/Career player but especially if it looks like a rebalancing is needed then it needs to be seen by the devs.

This was a issue in 2020 edition too but codemasters haven’t done a thing, it’s getting to a point now where most players just think codemasters not bothered about us anymore( the lack of been able to unload yourself under safety car unlike real life where they can and the fact that someone crashes into your rear online and you get the penalty( eg Norris getting blamed in Hungary for bottas  as running into his rear instead of been bottas fault) are 2 more examples of long standing issues codemasters totally ignore us on so they can do braking point that we play once lol)

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, UndercoverNL said:

So I did almost 2 seasons in My Team now, and I am playing on a optimized difficulty based on my teammate in My Team. A cording to the placement of my teammate and the position of my team in the R & D progress (3d last), we should be around the 15th position. Which I enjoy since that seems to be a nice place for some good fights with the lower tier teams.

However, every time when they ask me to choose a rival I get rivals like: Perez, Riccardo, Norris, Verstappen etc. While those are all unbeatable as the third last team with an average ending on 15th.

Why have they done this? I understand that the player should be (a bit) better as their teammate but according to the team's R & D position those results should be impossible.

I get the exact same rival choices, except my team is the very bottom of all teams, thanks to EVERY single upgrade failing 1st time around.  How on earth they expect me to challenge the likes of top tier teams (with lots of points on the board) when I consider beating Williams and HAAS a major win.

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...