Jump to content Jump to content

Choosing tyre allocation

17 minutes ago, jfrancis6380 said:

I don't know whether there was an f1 rule change for the 2021 season but I can't change the tyre allocation for a race, even though you get the option to just before the grand prix weekend

Yeah the rules changed irl, everyone gets the same tyre compounds.

It still needs to be possible to swap tyres between sessions. If it rains in FP1 I am forced to give back the hard and medium compound tyres and keep the softs. Yet the AI are able to have these tyres for FP2. I also may want to have two medium compound tyres available for qualifying, and keep the other soft tyre for the race. In online sessions, it makes the tyre allocation screen pointless since I cannot change anything there. Right now it just consumes another loading time because you have to confirm it every time you load into a 25% or longer race.

• Agree 1
4 hours ago, thatdc said:

You can go out with a set of softs and then immediately return to the garage. Every session you return the two most worn set of tyres, use this at your advantage.

If it's wet in FP1 you can't go out on softs, so you lose those tyres for the weekend. Also having Mediums in Q2 is stupid in season 1 of My team because yyou are never going to use them. If they are going to follow the rules, then they should be accurate.

Either prompt me to hand back tyres after each session or change the tyre allocation screen to tyre distribution and let me decide where I want to use each set.

Edited by Coops27
8 hours ago, Coops27 said:

If it's wet in FP1 you can't go out on softs, so you lose those tyres for the weekend. Also having Mediums in Q2 is stupid in season 1 of My team because yyou are never going to use them. If they are going to follow the rules, then they should be accurate.

Either prompt me to hand back tyres after each session or change the tyre allocation screen to tyre distribution and let me decide where I want to use each set.

Trust me, you can. I just did it yesterday. The game warns you that you are choosing the wrong compound given the weather, but you can ignore it and go out anyways.

• Disagree 2
12 hours ago, Coops27 said:

That's what I was asking for last year aswell, have an option to use every compound available whenever you want, now certain tires are locked to certain sessions (especially in wet fp, like @Monstahonk said). I know there may be an issue that if you destroy all your medium and hard compound tyres that you can't compete in the race because you can't switch tyre compounds but maybe have an option to reserve 1 or 2 tyres for the race (and being able to choose what 2 compounds it are yourself in stead of the game reserving a set of mediums and a set of hards)