Jump to content Jump to content

PC - Logitech G920 Axis are Inverted

G920

Throttle and Brake are Inverted Axis.....

How do I get them Flipped?

In many other games and simulators (MSFS2020 included) you do this right in the game....  It can't be adjusted in Logitech G Hub either.

PC ... Purchased from Steam.

Where are custom config files saved? 

None of the editing of files from suggestions going back to F1 2017 work ....  Why is there no way to invert an Axis after this many years when it is obvious there are so many controllers that are different or have issues due to this limitation?

Have you updated GHub and your wheel firmware (96.3.49)?

Also, it may be that you haven't correctly submitted the bug with a report as requested in the forum guidelines as to why it hasn't been answered.

Also, I do believe that there has been an issue reported that is very similar to yours and was fixed by such updates.

Final question, do you have PCARS2 installed as that is known to mess with the Logitech controller settings?

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 8/10/2021 at 12:59 PM, steviejay69 said:

Have you updated GHub and your wheel firmware (96.3.49)?

Also, it may be that you haven't correctly submitted the bug with a report as requested in the forum guidelines as to why it hasn't been answered.

Also, I do believe that there has been an issue reported that is very similar to yours and was fixed by such updates.

Final question, do you have PCARS2 installed as that is known to mess with the Logitech controller settings?

Thank you for the reply ...  The GHub and Firmware are updated...  I have also been tracking this with Logitech as this to me is still an issue seen in numerous places that the Axis are reversed...

No PCARS2 ...  My Son only wanted to have F1 2021 ...  He bought it and then I purchased this wheel for him...  I have built custom hardware with Arduinos and other microcontrollers for my Flight sim ... so yeah not having a Axis Invert option in the games controls is rather annoying.

Edited by LesOReilly
8 hours ago, LesOReilly said:

Thank you for the reply ...  The GHub and Firmware are updated...  I have also been tracking this with Logitech as this to me is still an issue seen in numerous places that the Axis are reversed...

No PCARS2 ...  My Son only wanted to have F1 2021 ...  He bought it and then I purchased this wheel for him...  I have built custom hardware with Arduinos and other microcontrollers for my Flight sim ... so yeah not having a Axis Invert option in the games controls is rather annoying.

Assuming you have already disconnected the flight sim hardware for troubleshooting, then it should work.

Disconnect the wheel, delete your in-game custom profiles, exit the game. Uninstall GHub with Geek Uninstaller, restart. Install GHub, connect wheel when prompted, restart. Test in GHub for correct operation. Verify Steam files, delete hardware_settings_config.xml and then launch the game. Test with default G29 profile, only when you are sure the controller is working correctly should you create a custom profile.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2021 at 2:29 AM, steviejay69 said:

Assuming you have already disconnected the flight sim hardware for troubleshooting, then it should work.

Disconnect the wheel, delete your in-game custom profiles, exit the game. Uninstall GHub with Geek Uninstaller, restart. Install GHub, connect wheel when prompted, restart. Test in GHub for correct operation. Verify Steam files, delete hardware_settings_config.xml and then launch the game. Test with default G29 profile, only when you are sure the controller is working correctly should you create a custom profile.

Both This game and Logitech need to just add functions to invert Axis... This is soooooo annoying......  And each blames the other..

For those that just want to resolve this permanently in any game or simulation....  Leo Bodnar makes a Pedals adapter for these  now it adds higher resolution Analog to Digital conversion which is great but also puts the pedals into the correct orientation for the Axis....

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=97&products_id=187

3 minutes ago, LesOReilly said:

Both This game and Logitech need to just add functions to invert Axis... This is soooooo annoying......  And each blames the other..

For those that just want to resolve this permanently in any game or simulation....  Leo Bodnar makes a Pedals adapter for these  now it adds higher resolution Analog to Digital conversion which is great but also puts the pedals into the correct orientation for the Axis....

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=97&products_id=187

Can't really agree. The driver should have the option for when the game doesn't. The game should select the function in the driver if it's changed within game. But then the owness is on the driver manufacturer to make drivers that work. Logitech have issues. I can see the issue with PCARS2 is bad by the game devs, because they altered registry settings that then make the driver non-functional. I'm agnostic, but this isn't a Codemasters issue. 

Hence the pedals function correctly with the Bodnar adapter because the driver works and is a known entity during development.