Jump to content Jump to content

Can I play as a pre existing driver in f1 2021 driver career mode Or how

Ive been wondering I wanted to play a career mode and play as seb vettel.

For example you could be able to play as him and make him win another championship. It would be like a normal won but your him. If you can comment and tell me how to do it. Im on *PS5*

If you go go Grand Prix mode you can select the 2021 F1 season by clicking on right bumper and play as any of the official drivers (they’ve put championship mode and GP mode in the same section which is so dumb because it means you only one one option to play as a real driver ). I’d love to see a driver career where you are able to use any of the pre existing F1 or F2 drivers with R&D, contracts, transfers, promotions and management etc it’s honestly something I’ve wanted the most in these games. 

I think there was a viable reason why you couldn't be an actual formula one driver in the career mode and it was probably licensing as most things are! 

There's subtle differences in how Career/MyTeam licensing works in comparison to GrandPrix/Championships so i'd expect that is your blockage so I think Grand Prix mode and playing a whole season is your best bet, i'm afraid.