DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game performance drop 10 minutes in with G27

Hi there, I've been enjoying Dirt Rally with a ps3 controller with absolutely no issues performance wise, so I decided to purchase a Logitech G27 wheel specifically for this game to get more fun out of it. Everything works great until about 10 minutes in, where my frame rate begins to drop (Regardless of what settings I have the game set to, even the lowest) and stutters appear every few seconds, making the game barely playable until I restart it. Additionally there would be occasional input lag, eg I would brake, then 1 second later the brakes would be applied, and reduction in the force feedback, however this has been fixed by the most recent update. I should mention the the G27 is up to date with the latest drivers installed, it also second hand, however in near perfect condition. The wheel itself works absolutely fine for Project Cars with no issues, it just seems to be this game in particular.

I have tried setting the replay files to read only and editing the hardware settings config to <threadStrategy workerMapFile="system/workerMap2Core.xml"/> seeing as they were fixes to very similar issues, however they proved to be ineffective.  I have searched quite a bit for people with the same issues but found nothing, hopefully I'm not alone. Anyway I was hoping that someone would be able to suggest some possible fixes that may help or work.
Thanks.

System Spec:
Nvidia 960 GTX GPU (2GB)
i3 CPU  540 @ 3.07GHZ
8GB Ram
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Steps to reproduce
Play any game mode for around 10 minutes with the G27

Your recent history of races 
Happens for every race type and stage

Which graphics preset were you using?
Medium

Hi UraniumAngel

I have tested similar specs with the G27 and did not reproduce any stuttering for several Rally stages and runs at Pikes Peak.

Could you please try re-installing the Logitech Profiler into english as I saw megakoira[FIN] on the Steam forums had no stuttering using only his keyboard. He fixed his stuttering with the G27 this way.

Thanks for the help DeputyDiRT, however reinstalling the profiler unfortunately did not fix the stuttering, it seems that I probably have a unique problem with my computer

Unfortunately it has gotten worse, the stuttering has rendered the game unplayable with a g27 now... it now will stutter no matter what, even on the loading screens. I have no idea how this happened, I did nothing with the G27 to make this happen, however the G27 still works fine with nay other racing game

Have you tried the fix discussed here: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/27851/v0-80-stuttering-bug?new=1 and here http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/27306/dirt-rally-0-8-update-stuttering-wrong-workmapfile/p1

this ^^

And be sure you are using proper FPS according to your display´s Hz.

I was meesing with nvidia inspector and unintentionally touched something with v-sync related. 
since that even game menus where laggy.. so I ran FRAPS and saw I was 30 FPS locked because a driver setting that caused 1/2 v-sync or something...