Jump to content Jump to content

Still no Seat movement in car?

Msportdan

i find this pretty frustrating a simple feature STILL hasn't been added to dirt rally. All sims pretty much have this feature in some rendition even a app, or by arrow keys. Come on CM, your doing well don't get me wrong, but i find the default cockpit view horrendous. Please can we have this ASAP. i simply can't play this and to be fair can't be bothered to mess with more ini files.

Regards.

Many people are wanting the game to be editable and quite moddable. For that they might be probably able to access ini files and then be adjusting settings through those files. Maybe if we urge CM to make the game free from software's restrictions which can be as close as RBR, we will be more than satisfied with a very proper rally game. RBR itself included mods in order to manipulate the game comfortably and easily.

I guess homemade mods are more desirable than strict apps made by devs.
sounds a bit like laziness to me from the devs pov. Ive been doing cam mods since dirt rally been out over at RD, and now im fed up with doing the, every month or so. Especially when your back n forth from game to text files. Especially when it should be a simple arrow key adjustment.

I'd like to see this also.  The default cockpit/dashboard cam view is horrific.  Then again, I won't hold out much hope as I've been crying about text chat in CM games since they stopped implememting that function in recent titles.
  • Codemasters Staff
Msportdan said:

i find this pretty frustrating a simple feature STILL hasn't been added to dirt rally. All sims pretty much have this feature in some rendition even a app, or by arrow keys. Come on CM, your doing well don't get me wrong, but i find the default cockpit view horrendous. Please can we have this ASAP. i simply can't play this and to be fair can't be bothered to mess with more ini files.

Regards.

This is my current task.

In head-cam you'll be able to move forwards, and raise the seats from their current positions. The game will save the setting per car. We'll also experiment with a slight head tilt option.

Dash cam is a problem as it's too close to geometry to move, so that's remaining fixed.

We ain't lazy, we're busy! :D
This is my current task.

In head-cam you'll be able to move forwards, and raise the seats from their current positions. The game will save the setting per car. We'll also experiment with a slight head tilt option.

Dash cam is a problem as it's too close to geometry to move, so that's remaining fixed.

Great to hear Jamie, I currently run a low FOV to get closer to the windscreen, so this will be a nice improvement.

As an aside, software development has to be the only job where you can work 60-80 hour weeks and be called lazy. You may consider hiring the guy that can implement a new feature in one hour tho, he must be a code wizard.
enamel said:
This is my current task.

Great to hear Jamie, I currently run a low FOV to get closer to the windscreen, so this will be a nice improvement.

As an aside, software development has to be the only job where you can work 60-80 hour weeks and be called lazy. You may consider hiring the guy that can implement a new feature in one hour tho, he must be a code wizard.
Don't take my post "word by word". When i said "in 1 hour", i'm not saying that someone can do this in one hour, i said that seems an "easy" feature to put in this game. English is not my usual language so sorry if i didn't say it correctly. Anyway thanks Jaime to answer the post, i really appreciate your work.
Very good point.

CM has a track of blatantly ignoring bug reports. Even when those bugs affects their PAST 3 GAMES: 

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/7209/always-lowest-refresh-rate-on-start-bug
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/95783

And regarding dashcams, between movement and FOV adjust, there would be options to get a better view instead having to edit the damn xml files each time.

Archived