Jump to content Jump to content

Very long or seemingly infinite loading screens when loading into Time Trial

Description:

- It is the same issue as in F1 2020

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/64777-very-long-or-seemingly-infinite-loading-screens-when-loading-into-grand-prix-and-time-trial

Platform: Xbox Series X

Game version: 1.05, 1.07, 1.09

Game mode: Time Trial

How to replicate: see link above

Workaround: -

Peripherals: Xbox Series X controller

Report code - 1.05: JXJE-DGMX-RBSP-GBJG

Image / video: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqsCmb29voAYhgo5Z4EgGGT7VvvT

Edited by Aparow
  • Aparow changed the title to Very long or seemingly infinite loading screens when loading into Time Trial

@BarryBL

The connection is 200+ mbps Wi-Fi and the lobby indicator is usually 3-4/4 green.

Things I've tried on both F1 2020 and F1 2021 that didn't fix the random long loading:

- reinstalling the game

- moving the game to an external HDD

- using an Ethernet connection

- doing a power cycle on the console

The only thing that prevented the random long loading was setting the console to offline mode.

Edited by Aparow
  • 2 weeks later...

Probably the same thing: sometimes when I return from TT to the menus, I get a very long or seemingly infinite "Communicating with online services..." fullscreen message. The last time it happened, I noticed before quitting TT that the 2 leaderboards were not loading while in the garage. This was happening in F1 2020 as well.

I was playing TT just before the servers went into maintenance. At one point, I switched tracks presumably after the maintenance started. The game got stuck on the loading screen, as in the instances described above. Therefore, I assume the problem is the game sometimes fails to connect to the servers for some reason and just keeps retrying until it succeeds, hanging loading indefinitely in the process.