Jump to content Jump to content

ETA for the performance patch?

Just wondering if there is anything on when the performance patch is coming out?

Im pretty sure back on F1 2019 when we last had a normal season it came out i think 3 weeks or so after release and its been 3 weeks since the release of F1 2021 already, so i am hoping for it to be here soon

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Hephaistas said:

I wonder what their excuse is this year.

The season started in march, the performance patch should have been in the first week of launch

I imagine their excuse is that they're busy fixing all the bugs.

Last year, it was quite a while before it arrived (If my memory serves me, it was update 1.12 around October time) so it's not like it's later than usual, but last year the season did start later... although they still had done testing so they knew who should be good or not (excluding sandbagging)

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I imagine their excuse is that they're busy fixing all the bugs.

Last year, it was quite a while before it arrived (If my memory serves me, it was update 1.12 around October time) so it's not like it's later than usual, but last year the season did start later... although they still had done testing so they knew who should be good or not (excluding sandbagging)

Yes and last year they were using the excuse that they didn't have enough date to update the performance patch, and then when the patch came Ferrari was still too strong.

This year they have enough date, the performance patch should be much faster

One complication this year is that many players have been raising issues with AI performance in some high speed corners, and of ALL cars in terms of ultimate lap time. If these end up being addressed then changes in relative performance between teams will need to work with the changes.

• Agree 1
42 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

One complication this year is that many players have been raising issues with AI performance in some high speed corners, and of ALL cars in terms of ultimate lap time. If these end up being addressed then changes in relative performance between teams will need to work with the changes.

It's a good point. You'd expect them to be done at the same time or there'll be calls for an overall every-car performance patch to fix after they've done the car-balancing performance patch.  Just moves the request down the line without closing it. 

I am still waiting for 3 major things before I can start career mode:

1. Performance patch
  2. Imola and Portimao tracks
  3. option to disable midseason driver transfers

These 3 things are critical to me. I won‘t start career mode before these Major things have been adressed.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, AllenB2609 said:

1. Performance patch

These 3 things are critical to me. I won‘t start career mode before these Major things have been adressed.

Bear in mind we can't be certain you won't still be waiting in 6 months time. Also whilst I'm sure 1 and 2 will happen at some point, I don't feel we can be certain that 3 ever will. Unless you've seen this promised somewhere?

Just making the point that it may be worth starting a career now and making the best if it, knowing you'll have the option to start another down the line when changes have been made.

1 minute ago, Ultra3142 said:

Bear in mind we can't be certain you won't still be waiting in 6 months time. Also whilst I'm sure 1 and 2 will happen at some point, I don't feel we can be certain that 3 ever will. Unless you've seen this promised somewhere?

Just making the point that it may be worth starting a career now and making the best if it, knowing you'll have the option to start another down the line when changes have been made.

Particularly since Car performance changes on a weekly basis. Cars move up and down in performance every race so people will probably still request balancing after the first performance patch anyway as performance would have changed again.

Merc are now looking closer to Red Bull than they did when the game came out and Aston/Alpine are coming back up. Maybe if they leave it long enough then the car performances will match naturally. 🙄

I think, regarding point three, it's expected because it was there when requested before about 2 years ago. So, naturally, people expect it again.  I hope that they don't cave to the easiest solution and actually do assign control over transfers. Plus, part of the whole point of MyTeam is driver transfers so i'm not sure if that's supposed to be turned off? 

15 minutes ago, AllenB2609 said:

1. Performance patch

This.

I'm currently just wasting my time in My Team - which I have no interest in - until I can actually start the proper career mode in a real car. 

I get the feeling that Codemasters see standard career mode as the lesser option - but it really is all I play. I'm only doing My Team whilst I wait.

• Agree 2
17 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I always play one single season each year in full length (1 race each 2 weeks). Don‘t want to start yet another one once I‘ve begun my 2021 career season.

Edited by AllenB2609
13 minutes ago, peanutt2000 said:

Is it me or are Ferrari a bit slow?

Sound like Crofty in real-life when he's talking about them reacting to other teams' race strategy. 

But in answer to your question, in all 4 career modes i've started, they've started off averaging around 7-10th for Charles and 11th to 15th for Carlos.

They always improve by the end of the season so Charles can get a podium or two and Carlos sneaks into the points.   

But yeah, marginally a little slow as they're up there with McLaren at the front of the midfield and clear of Alpine and Aston.