Jump to content Jump to content

Has he lost his edge?

I started playing f1 2020 about 3 months ago, along with my dad. He was started out a little slower than me but over time he got to be as fast as me and in some track he had times I couldn't beat. Out comes 2021 and he simply cannot compete on any track in any car. He's upwards of 2 to 4 seconds slower than me anytime we race. We can go to any of our other sims and he's back to where he was competitively. So to me it definitely seems to be the game in some way. I watch in spectator mode and he doesn't seem to be doing anything wrong or different than me but always ends up seconds behind. I have swapped my g29 brake out with a true brake mod but he seems to of mastered that brake in every other game so idk how it would be different in this one. We've done all the obvious stuff, calibrations, etc. What's the deal?

12 hours ago, Grim2021 said:

I started playing f1 2020 about 3 months ago, along with my dad. He was started out a little slower than me but over time he got to be as fast as me and in some track he had times I couldn't beat. Out comes 2021 and he simply cannot compete on any track in any car. He's upwards of 2 to 4 seconds slower than me anytime we race. We can go to any of our other sims and he's back to where he was competitively. So to me it definitely seems to be the game in some way. I watch in spectator mode and he doesn't seem to be doing anything wrong or different than me but always ends up seconds behind. I have swapped my g29 brake out with a true brake mod but he seems to of mastered that brake in every other game so idk how it would be different in this one. We've done all the obvious stuff, calibrations, etc. What's the deal?

This game is so much different to previous game and you really need to adapt your driving style. I made a huge step forward in this game, cause I quickly found out what works and what doesn't. I haven't seen him drive so I can't really give any tips, maybe try different setups (preset 2 is a good base to start with on every circuit), else I would need to see a video or something of him driving to really give any tips.