Jump to content Jump to content

Is the change in visual damage actually going to be addressed?

Hi guys, 

I’m enjoying the game, looking forward to the performance patch which will bring the cars up to date based on this season but the one thing that has rattled me abit is the lack of clarity.

during the beta stages of the game which was extensively covered on YouTube and other sources it was shown that there was a large new feature, that being Visual damage. Now we are in the main release and albeit some bugs here and there, that feature just doesn’t exist, nor does the MFD indicate the damage half the time. 

I would understand if codies came out and said “sorry guys but due to constraints by sponsors of F1 teams we are no longer able to provide this model” but we’ve had absolutely no information, people don’t know if it’s a bug, a not so ready feature or if it’s just gone for good?

once again, I’m not unhappy at the game and I understand things take time and during covid things have been stretched thin, but Atleast be honest and have some transparency, nothing’s perfect, but knowing why is important.

Edited by Vince7099
Misspelling
  • Agree 3

Visual damage was included and then held back due to 'unforeseen circumstances' before apparently being reintroduced in a later patch.  There was an article somewhere about it but, in honesty, it seemed to be someone claiming they knew more about the game than they actually did so it could just be them acting like they're 'in the know'. 

I think some factors of it are in as I can have light green damage and the car acts like it is Red. The rear wing never gets bits missing but it does get a little dirty.   I also think it might be included later this year as it was a selling point. 

Agree that clarification on what's going on, even as a passing comment, would be appreciated. 

1 minute ago, MadEvilBeavis76 said:

@Ultra3142 Is it a good wheel for F1 and GT Sport ?

Did you maybe reply to the wrong thread? I don't think anyone has mentioned a particular wheel?

I'm not the right person to offer general wheel advice since the only wheel I have ever used is my Thrustmaster T300RS.

This is the reason for my question 🙂

(TM: ULtra3142 I'm a distinctly average F1 2021 player on PS5, using Thrustmaster T300RS wheel and T3PA pedals on a wheel stand pro, living in England.)

Ok it should be off topic.

Edited by MadEvilBeavis76
Just now, MadEvilBeavis76 said:

This is the reason for my question 🙂

I'm a distinctly average F1 2021 player on PS5, using Thrustmaster T300RS wheel and T3PA pedals on a wheel stand pro, living in England.

That's my signature that appears on every post 🙂.

As above, I've not used anything else to compare to I'm afraid. I bought my wheel about 6 years ago I think. It works OK for me as a relative novice player but I'm sure there are better performing options if you have the money.

I'd suggest you Google for more up to date experience from those who may have tried alternatives. Or you could start your own thread here asking for advice. This is totally off topic for this thread.

I mean my G27. 🙂 No wait. I bought it for F1 2015 too and as I saw the game I began to mod the tracks for F1 2013 and 2014. The same age.

back to the topic
The Portimao version and imola of ride 4 are amazing tracks. Now I have good tracks for comparison for the release in the near future of the F1 2021 versions. 

Edited by MadEvilBeavis76
  • Like 1
  • PJTierney changed the title to Is the change in visual damage actually going to be addressed?