Jump to content Jump to content

Backgrounds, R&D issues & Driver Transfers/Retirements. Plus Solutions..

I'm on PS4 Pro in case this is different/irrelevant for anyone else.

Background: screen too white/bright. Hard to see $, R&D points and Acclaim level at the top of the screen unless you sit right in front of the screen (not ideal for family rooms). Allow highlighted text or colour scheme options on menus. Nothing too similar like white on light grey.

R&D, Performance (menu tabs): Currently using black for primary colour, bar shows as black against a very dark grey background bar making it very low visibility. Allow bar colour option or have all bars the same, no need to have player team separate colour as the names will give it away (currently only the player colour bar is different, AI all share the same colour).

As you go into the individual R&D departments (R&D, Performance menu tabs), if you have no unlocked or researching parts you can no longer see what your performance is in comparison to other teams for that specific department. Please show or have an option to always show individual R&D department comparison chart.

Driver transfers.
- So far had Alonso get let go from Alpine even though he nearly tripled Ocons total points in season 1. Disappeared from roster too but no retirement message (I read them all).

- Lando Norris moves to Haas.. Note this was mid season when I dropped Matsushita (sorry) for my first icon driver Jenson Button! I only noticed in the next qualifying session! Note also McLaren were joint fighting with Mercedes mixing their wins fairly evenly between all 4 drivers! Haas are dead last in the constructors.. So Lando basically said he was so bored of winning he went to the very back of the pack..

- I'm all for transfers, I don't really like retirements because there is a clear heavy bias toward age, even with Alonso returning and Kimi still going strong regardless so that needs to change, too predictable and prevents multiple seasons with some favourites. This is one of the big appeals to racing games, racing with our favourite drivers.

- It should be if they underperform significantly in comparison to their team-mates performance they may loose a seat and then possibly picked up by another lower team. They get replaced by a driver with high acclaim (or fast rising acclaim) and performing well for their team/car.

- Just smarter moves in general and wiser retirements if at all. I'd prefer no retirements, instead they return to the roster as free agents so, like Alonso in real time, they can return. The player can pick them up then too, the option stays there rather than taken away completely.

- A new system of purchasing contracts, say a driver "retires" but goes preferably to free agent status a player can set a much higher contract to "lure" a driver back into a seat, this will also help with perks as its almost impossible to max any drivers perks and if you do it'll likely be season 10 already by which you'll have no need for them. Still allow a limit to prevent instant maxing of perks for an AI but allow still a much higher offer a player can input or big bonus rewards for things like podiums, so they can earn more. This could negate other requirements too, if you have the cash but not the tech yet, lure a driver in by offering a better contract (also like has been done many times irl).

- Finally, worth noting: The only time I've maxed an AI perk is in F1 2020, when I had Tatiana and let her go for the trophy to get a high acclaim driver, I went to get her back when my driver retired and another team bid on her too, it was a bidding war! I was able to spam the offer button and it got her such a huge sum she instantly maxed everything! Happy days! Would be nice not to have to do that though.. Please.

Please support the driver no retirements option but instead to free agents. This would be a huge positive to personalised gaming.

I would reply to the whole thing but i'm pushed for time so i'll edit the post another time with further feedback.

But, I wanted to comment (before I forgot) that I completely agree with the retirement thing. I feel sorry for Alonso and Kimi in particular that they drove against 5/7 of the drivers that are going to outlive them on the game.  I wouldn't mind if they got changed to Post-Icon drivers.

I'll explain;

You'd assume the ratings are based on their finest years. For example;

• Schumacher - Early 2000's. (or you'd have his underperforming Mercedes stats)
  • Senna - Late 80's to his death, obviously.
  • Prost - Again, mid 80s to early 90's.
  • Button - 2009 to 2012 - his strongest years. Not his playboy days. 
  • Rosberg - Mercedes year, in particular the later ones. So not his Williams stats
  • Coulthard - McLaren days. Obviously after his Williams days and he'd declined a little by Red Bull.
  • Massa - Late 00's before the spring headache he got.

Alonso retires and he becomes mid 00's to 2013 version with stats reflecting those days.

Kimi retires and becomes mid 00's McLaren level Kimi when he was virtually the best in the world at what he did. 

Hamilton retires... and keeps his stats because this is the best he's ever been. 

Vettel retires and you get Red Bull Vettel. 

I guess the flaw is with drivers like Ricciardo, Perez and Bottas who are old enough to retire but never had their moment in the sun. 

Regarding the others though; basically, they turn into Icons. Because, well they are actually Icons of the sport.   The fact they've naturally driven this long has meant their stats don't reflect the drivers they once were. So, not only do they leave quickly, they're also inferior to the Icons they once raced against due to their advanced ages. 

• Agree 1
11 hours ago, CarystusGaming said:

Background: screen too white/bright. Hard to see $, R&D points and Acclaim level at the top of the screen unless you sit right in front of the screen (not ideal for family rooms). Allow highlighted text or colour scheme options on menus. Nothing too similar like white on light grey.

agree on this its brutal on a HDR screen. They need to dim the background or change it to a different colour/shade. A lot of people have been complaining and asking for this change 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
16 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I would reply to the whole thing but i'm pushed for time so i'll edit the post another time with further feedback.

But, I wanted to comment (before I forgot) that I completely agree with the retirement thing. I feel sorry for Alonso and Kimi in particular that they drove against 5/7 of the drivers that are going to outlive them on the game.  I wouldn't mind if they got changed to Post-Icon drivers.

I'll explain;

You'd assume the ratings are based on their finest years. For example;

• Schumacher - Early 2000's. (or you'd have his underperforming Mercedes stats)
  • Senna - Late 80's to his death, obviously.
  • Prost - Again, mid 80s to early 90's.
  • Button - 2009 to 2012 - his strongest years. Not his playboy days. 
  • Rosberg - Mercedes year, in particular the later ones. So not his Williams stats
  • Coulthard - McLaren days. Obviously after his Williams days and he'd declined a little by Red Bull.
  • Massa - Late 00's before the spring headache he got.

Alonso retires and he becomes mid 00's to 2013 version with stats reflecting those days.

Kimi retires and becomes mid 00's McLaren level Kimi when he was virtually the best in the world at what he did. 

Hamilton retires... and keeps his stats because this is the best he's ever been. 

Vettel retires and you get Red Bull Vettel. 

I guess the flaw is with drivers like Ricciardo, Perez and Bottas who are old enough to retire but never had their moment in the sun. 

Regarding the others though; basically, they turn into Icons. Because, well they are actually Icons of the sport.   The fact they've naturally driven this long has meant their stats don't reflect the drivers they once were. So, not only do they leave quickly, they're also inferior to the Icons they once raced against due to their advanced ages. 

Yeah that's why simply adding back to the free agent thing would be useful. With the useful acclaim stat you can already help to speed up an increase in performance in a driver which is great. All my F2 drivers when let go get instant new drives because their stats are now F1 worthy. So in respect that would be ideal. If when they retire they keep those increased stats and just stay free agents rather than icon status.

11 hours ago, TomAAA said:

agree on this its brutal on a HDR screen. They need to dim the background or change it to a different colour/shade. A lot of people have been complaining and asking for this change 

Thanks TomAAA. I hope this gets changed. It reminds me of a past F1 title, I think 2012? Where they had that carbon background and you couldn't see a thing. Really bad but somehow managed to make it to finalisation.

• Agree 1