Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

V2 Physics Discussion

Quite the generic expected reply Porky - 2 out of 10 for effort :(

There is no robust 'auto cheat software' @Cortextual , so please don't be so surprised (it makes you look silly).  Look back over the Events thread of late.  The same guy that has uploaded the 'DiRT Rally - How to cheat in many ways' or whatever it is YouTube video, has made it onto the leaderboards numerous times over the last fortnight.  If you read his video, dear love him, he did it out of frustration and to blow the whistle on the regulars on here that cheat on the fly.  He makes his methods quite public too, quite the Internet Robin Hood!  The irony is, PorkScammer has to tag Hatward (who, with all due respect, really does have enough on his plate with creating awesome games, than to waste time on low-priority policing of sad cheats) on here to draw attention to it... Nothing automated about that.  But as they say, never cheat a cheater, Eh Porky??

I suppose if the guys that do it, tried to fly under the radar, we could let human insecurity lead us to believe we're just not that good, but Porky, you've got sloppy.  Constant admission of mistakes on Events, but still posting times 7-20 seconds per stage faster than the fastest competitors, even uploading crash videos of stages you've won by a country mile, all rubbishes your credibility as a capable driver.  You don't need to balance the throttle to find grip when cornering due to the massive amounts of downforce/gravity you run, your cars creak, bang and strain on the crash landings ffs

Simple rule in life - if something looks like bullsh!t, & smells like bullsh!t, it's bullsh!t. lol

I suppose you guys do deserve the VIP status' due to actively promoting the product, but people will come to remember you guys for the wrong reasons....

its quite a shame really!

oh dear oh dear. Am I included in this too seeing as I have a few world records still?
Genuinely Luke, I get the sneaking suspicion that you can actually drive!  Iv seen your vids too friend.

Well the reason I'm "7-20" seconds quicker than anyone else - providing I finish - is because the others don't go fast enough. I do make mistakes, a lot of them - and the reason I'm faster is because... I guess nobody else is trying hard enough? Do you reckon rampage, Elias Lundberg, and gheeD cheat as well? They beat me consistently on the leaderboards.

If you seriously believe I'm cheating then.. wow. What can I say? I feel a bit sorry for you I guess? You're a very sad little individual that can't tell cheats apart from people that do their best in a rally game.

I'd happily invite you over for coffee and snacks and demonstrate some driving just for you. Heck, bring your own PC and I'll do some driving on that - tell me what times you want me to match in what cars and we'll have some fun.

Yes,

yes, & I can tell

& that, I'd like to see

oh, & lol at you

KevM said:
Yes,

yes, & I can tell

& that, I'd like to see

oh, & lol at you
I would like to extend to you an invitation to my humble abode. For real. :) Come over. Coffee, snacks, and Dirt Rally. What say you?

I'd love that, I could play your version & be really really quick too! :)

I can't take away your knowledge of the stages, top marks on that, but your grip is false in an obvious way (& your Stratos really is too low to work in Finland under 'normal' circumstances)

;) 

KevM said:
I'd love that, I could play your version & be really really quick too! :)

I can't take away your knowledge of the stages, top marks on that, but your grip is false in an obvious way (& your Stratos really is too low to work in Finland under 'normal' circumstances)

;) 
I'm serious though. I'd love it if you came over. There's nothing false with the grip, and too low Stratos? Explain.

Well. Send me a PM if you'd like to take me up on my offer and make a trip to Sweden. You are most welcome here, even if you accuse me of cheating. ;)

Hopefully, a console version is imminent.  
We'll get greatly increased users & talent.  
The fast console users times will plateau well below what you guys are setting currently.

Have you thought of excuses that far ahead Superstar??

KevM said:
The fast console users times will plateau well below what you guys are setting currently.

Considering you have no evidence to back up what you're saying I think you're being pretty disrespectful tbh.

KevM said:

I don't need any excuses. I have put 831 hours into this game, and I have never resorted to cheats in any online game, ever. Have a Codemasters employee superduperscan my PC for hacks of any kind - I'd love to see your face when realising you'll never comprehend how to be quick in this game.

You truly are a sad little man.

I've been dealing with cheaters on a daily basis in another racing game for about 3-4 years. The easiest way to notice if someone is cheating is the acceleration, cornering speed and loss of speed, or rather lack thereof. From what videos of Porkhammer I've seen, there is nothing that points to that. He jumps as far as everyone (or at least me), his car behaves within the range of the possible setups, nothing wrong with acceleration as well.

The reason he's fast is very simple. He pushes the cars and can control them at their limit along with having very, very, very smooth lines. And since we know that his gear ratios are tuned towards high speed performance, that means the better he drives, the bigger the difference since he is more in the "power zone" of the car for longer, while those of us who run shortened gears will more often run out of juice on higher speeds, but we'll have better acceleration out of a tight situation on which a lot of us depends too much, sacrificing the speed in the corners without even knowing it.

And Kev, you really believe what a cheater says? He cheats to point attention to those who are left "undetected"? That is one of the oldest excuses for cheating in the book. In other words, it's pure BS. You got fooled by a kid who can't bear the thought that he/she/it isn't the fastest person on the planet.

If you don't want to be beaten, suck it up and start practising. Unlike me you have the tools necessary to actually compete with Porkhammer. To be honest, I don't understand how people that have good steering wheels are slower than I am. You have so much more control over the car it's not even funny and yet you can't even utilise that potential in the slightest. And don't get me on the "you have opposite lock in a flick of a thumb". I would score million times better and more consistent results with your authentic setup on a G27 (or whatever you're using) than with any gamepad in existence.

PS. If you count "anti-cheating policy" (even the obvious stuff) as a low priority, then why are we even discussing matters of anti-cheating here? In fact, why are we talking about cheating on a V2 Physics discussion thread?

Altered V2 Physics Ryu, that's why.

I like you Ryu, but you do often add paragraphs of nothingness to lots of topics my friend!

KevM said:
RyuMakkuro said:
PS. If you count "anti-cheating policy" (even the obvious stuff) as a low priority, then why are we even discussing matters of anti-cheating here? In fact, why are we talking about cheating on a V2 Physics discussion thread?
Altered V2 Physics Ryu, that's why.

I know the feeling....                                   

Crist... Entered the V2 Physics Discussion happy to see so many new threads only to read childish accusations and NOTHING on-topic... kinda remembered why I don't post here anymore...

:weary: 

Anyways, back on track k guys??

@Porkhammer  What do you think of tarmac physics of V2 Pikes Peak? I'm gonna say I'm positively surprised! The car is twitchier and is easily upset by bumps, you can visually feel it. Definitely not that magic carpet ride we're getting on other tarmac events.

KevM said:
I know the feeling....                                   

RickyMcHawk said:
What do you think of tarmac physics of V2 Pikes Peak? I'm gonna say I'm positively surprised! The car is twitchier and is easily upset by bumps, you can visually feel it. Definitely not that magic carpet ride we're getting on other tarmac events.
I'd be more than happy to provide feedback about that as well *wink*

I need to somehow put KevM into a magical lamp, just so i can use him as the ultimate thread de-railer of doom! DOOM I SAY!

Curious for V2 Pikes Peak, that will be very interesting.. probably a bit more like V2.1 rather, maybe, after all the normal V2 feedback, but, still curious.

@Porkhammer  What do you think of tarmac physics of V2 Pikes Peak? I'm gonna say I'm positively surprised! The car is twitchier and is easily upset by bumps, you can visually feel it. Definitely not that magic carpet ride we're getting on other tarmac events.
I haven't tried V2 in PP yet - I fear getting disappointed. However, given your positive reaction to it... I might just give it a whirl!

KevM said:
I know the feeling....                                   

RickyMcHawk said:
What do you think of tarmac physics of V2 Pikes Peak? I'm gonna say I'm positively surprised! The car is twitchier and is easily upset by bumps, you can visually feel it. Definitely not that magic carpet ride we're getting on other tarmac events.
I'd be more than happy to provide feedback about that as well *wink*
Well, be my guest... our guest :blush: 

KevM with the hackusations holy **** lmao chill, people are allowed to be good at this game without cheating.