Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

V2 Physics Discussion

Pork is an honest & genuine guy who enjoys cars, ice cream, and long walks on the beach. If you think he's cheating then you just need to practice more.

ramPage16 said:
Pork is an honest & genuine guy who enjoys cars, ice cream, and long walks on the beach. If you think he's cheating then you just need to practice more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19X3VHY3qZs

I thought we'd moved on, but hey, cue up a few more "Weak cheaters defence" lines...

KevM said:
I thought we'd moved on, but hey, cue up a few more "Weak cheaters defence" lines...
OK, I get the broad hint about users changing the gravity. But you need to show us where this is done to substantiate your claims.

ramPage16 said:
Imagine if you put as much effort into practicing as you did concocting these theories.
Lol

@KevM It's alright, we forgive you. You just don't know any better. Chill a little. This music is good for chillaxing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bpS-cOBK6Q

Crist... Entered the V2 Physics Discussion happy to see so many new threads only to read childish accusations and NOTHING on-topic... kinda remembered why I don't post here anymore...

:weary: 

Anyways, back on track k guys??

@Porkhammer  What do you think of tarmac physics of V2 Pikes Peak? I'm gonna say I'm positively surprised! The car is twitchier and is easily upset by bumps, you can visually feel it. Definitely not that magic carpet ride we're getting on other tarmac events.
Wait what? They already updated it?

JZStudios said:
No, he thought they did. That's why I was a bit surprised that he said it felt good. Of course it felt good. PP's still on V1(.5?)

JZStudios said:
No, he thought they did. That's why I was a bit surprised that he said it felt good. Of course it felt good. PP's still on V1(.5?)
Really? I think it's awful. Hoping V2 makes it better.
P.S. I believe in you Porky, you'll always be a winner in my heart, no matter what @KevM says.
http40mediatumblrcom77691cb4dde2f15cc354752b94120344tumblr_mgvlifU3vX1rjpm4uo1_500jpg
(I'd also love to visit for cookies, but airplane tickets are expensive.)

I believe the devs have said PP will remain on V1.5 as they don't have enough time to make them V2's for the release.

Even if V2 tarmac isn't perfect, V1 tarmac was even worse. 

...mmm errr... wow.
2 pages of new comments about NOT CHEATING. Nothing to do with physics, sadly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still think v1 is a better deal with tarmac (despite the noticiable overgripping and aeros), but I´m starting to thing its all about the actual weak FFB effects on tarmac.

Other cars are just broken on tarmac, slides/hovercrafts/glides too much. I dont spect the dry/crude reqactions of a DTM, because we´re on rally cars.. but I miss a bit of "precission" and firmness.. I dont know how to explain.
You all know the difference between F1 and Drifting... something in the middle xD

bogani said:
I believe the devs have said PP will remain on V1.5 as they don't have enough time to make them V2's for the release.

Sure, if you want to see the cars moving at the opposite end of realistic.

Car movement is everything in a game of this caliber. Sure, the cars lose grip better, but the tradeoff is something a lot of us could have lived without. Each to their own.

bogani said:

Sure, V1 was very realistic with downforce like formula cars? The devs themself sees V2 as a step forward on tarmac, but I guess they must be incompetent?

OzoreXS said:
...mmm errr... wow.
2 pages of new comments about NOT CHEATING. Nothing to do with physics, sadly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still think v1 is a better deal with tarmac (despite the noticiable overgripping and aeros), but I´m starting to thing its all about the actual weak FFB effects on tarmac.

Other cars are just broken on tarmac, slides/hovercrafts/glides too much. I dont spect the dry/crude reqactions of a DTM, because we´re on rally cars.. but I miss a bit of "precission" and firmness.. I dont know how to explain.
You all know the difference between F1 and Drifting... something in the middle xD
The cars do feel tighter with the "new" FFB of WW. The only downside of the raised FFB is that it's too strong on gravel, but that is just my preference.

bogani said:
bogani said:

Sure, V1 was very realistic with downforce like formula cars? The devs themself sees V2 as a step forward on tarmac, but I guess they must be incompetent?
You know as well as I do that the movement of the cars is way off. You even said it yourself that the cars were gliding a bit too much, so why you suddenly changed your mind confuses me. V2 is an improvement, but only when losing grip. The downside is that precision driving is impossible, and on replays the cars reminds one of hovercraft. If you deny this, then I guess you're either blind or just stubborn.

bogani said:
bogani said:

You know as well as I do that the movement of the cars is way off. V2 is an improvement, but only when losing grip. The downside is that precision driving is impossible, and on replays the cars reminds one of hovercraft. If you deny this, then I guess you're either blind or just stubborn.
I believe I was the first to point out how the cars was very vague and felt like boats on tarmac V2. I also agreed on the crab walk behaviour. However, something happened with the modern masters release and the crabbing along wasn't as pronounced as before. With WW and tighter FFB it's imroved the feeling even more. Not perfect by any means, but if I had to choose between V1 and V2 today it would be V2 seven days a week.

This is my opinion, you don't have to agree, but don't act like your opinion is the absolute truth.

bogani said:
This is my opinion, you don't have to agree, but don't act like your opinion is the absolute truth.
The car movement is absolute truth though. It's my only gripe with V2. I could live without the precision driving and everything if it just looked right. I guess I'm a shallow s.o.b. :D

Oh, and yes - something did happen not long ago making the tarmac driving feel less bad, but I don't think it was applied to all of the cars - and it didn't make much difference for the cars' movement on the replays - but the driving is pretty enjoyable now, at least with the M3. Yesterday's owners' club:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y2Rz3-rnMU

Though I feel that I should add that the car setup has been very tweaked; very stiff antiroll-bars, lowest ride-height, stiff suspension etc - but iirc even without these tweaks there was an improvement. Let's hope this improvement applies to all cars come WW.

Good driving PorkPie!
The grip you get out of those acute corners, well its just sensational!  Must be all about the suspension setup!  Maybe if I practice really hard, my M3 will put the power down like that  :)

KevM said:
Good driving PorkPie!
The grip you get out of those acute corners, well its just sensational!  Must be all about the suspension setup!  Maybe if I practice really hard, my M3 will put the power down like that  :)
Hmmm this change of mind is unsettling... I'll be squinting at you today.

Yes, I have now said my piece and will leave it at that for the sake of the other users.  

But when reading anything complimentary from me, please remember: -