Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

V2 Physics Discussion

Do all rally cars now have V2 physics? The Group B RWD don't seem like it.
Having rather fresh memories of 037, I can safely say that yes, it has V2. It handles now like a hovercrafty sponge, instead of a mad killing machine  :'(

I'm 100% sure that Pikes Peak cars and Group B RWD have V2. F2 Kit Cars should as well, since @KickUp mentioned that the only cars that won't be brought to V2 will be the RX ones, due to having to re-work the AI for it to work.

bogani said:
PP cars doesn't use V2 physics I'm afraid.
I'm afraid that statement is a complete BS. Not only do the setups I had got erased (you could argue that the cars still have old physics if the setups would still be there), but the cars... holy crap, they feel so good. @Porkhammer you NEED TO try them. Take Quattro, lock both diffs, max out the preload (rest is up to you, depends on tarmac or mixed as well) and you'll be having a blast compared to the spongy behaviour the Quattro had before.

It feels similar, just... better. In every way I think. I would say that's how V2 on tarmac should behave from the start (which it may be just me, but it seems to improved anyway for other cars). I'm gonna really pay attention to how the Polo R WRC changes it's handling with the upgrades installed on it. Specifically the weight reduction ones.
Well that is a pleasant surprise. In the last Dirt Show it did sound like they wouldn't bring the PP cars to V2 and the patch notes is lacking information on the area.

bogani said:
bogani said:
PP cars doesn't use V2 physics I'm afraid.
I'm afraid that statement is a complete BS. Not only do the setups I had got erased (you could argue that the cars still have old physics if the setups would still be there), but the cars... holy crap, they feel so good. @Porkhammer you NEED TO try them. Take Quattro, lock both diffs, max out the preload (rest is up to you, depends on tarmac or mixed as well) and you'll be having a blast compared to the spongy behaviour the Quattro had before.

It feels similar, just... better. In every way I think. I would say that's how V2 on tarmac should behave from the start (which it may be just me, but it seems to improved anyway for other cars). I'm gonna really pay attention to how the Polo R WRC changes it's handling with the upgrades installed on it. Specifically the weight reduction ones.
Well that is a pleasant surprise. In the last Dirt Show it did sound like they wouldn't bring the PP cars to V2 and the patch notes is lacking information on the area.
No, they meant they won't bring gravel Pikes Peak with WW, but later on. The only cars that won't be brought to V2 are the RX ones. You most likely confused one of the two with PP cars.

Also, instead of spreading rumours, go check yourself. You'll be pleasantly surprised with the Quattro S1 PP at least ;)

F2CMaDMaXX said:
I understand all cars to now have V2 physics, except the WRX cars, which are like 1.9 or something.
V1.8 to be specific :p 

Now DiRT begins to feel really great! Pretty sure they've removed some lift from cars. For the first time I feel like I'm totally in charge of my car. And what a great car the Polo is! Finally I believe I can spend way too much time playing DiRT Rally in the future! :)

Swedish snowbanks are great too. Some weird moments I had but overall snow feels surprisingly good. Would be better to get stuck in the snow if going off road, though. :/

I had a go at PP again in this past hour, for the first time in a few months, and it feels a lot better with the new physics. I'll be playing in that championship a lot more now. 

I also gave the 306 Maxi a run in Germany (because that's where I was struggling the most with the old handling on this car), and it feels a lot more logical now, and I can better wrestle with it at speeds without it completely losing it's mind under braking. 

thecraicbear said:
I also gave the 306 Maxi a run in Germany (because that's where I was struggling the most with the old handling on this car), and it feels a lot more logical now, and I can better wrestle with it at speeds without it completely losing it's mind under braking. 
No more spinning while hard on brakes? That sounds too good to be true xD

Pikes is definitely V2, the Peugeot actually takes hairpins even in sixth gear now! Weee! A bit mad, but at least i dont have to downshift, right?

thecraicbear said:
I tell you truths, good sir! It's fixed :D 

thecraicbear said:
I tell you truths, good sir! It's fixed :D 
Holy shit fuck yeah :D 

If I'll add to this info the fact I managed to beat my PB that I ever had with Quattro on PP on my 2nd run there with new physics... this is probably the best thing that happened to DiRT Rally since the launch of EA :D 

PS. Pikes Peak cars have sequential shifting fixed as well. Now they shift beautifully quick.

So, maybe my FFB got reset or something, I can tell the physics are way better, no more sudden black ice on the roads, but my FFB is kind of funky.

FFB should be back to a higher level now, it was held artificially low once the first cars got V2 physics.

FFB should be back to a higher level now, it was held artificially low once the first cars got V2 physics.
Aw, man, that means I have to go back through and randomly change numbers until I get a good feel again.

JZStudios said:
Aw, man, that means I have to go back through and randomly change numbers until I get a good feel again.
That's the magic of simulators ;)

Yes, and for me, it's going to be pretty weird, i finely adjusted the FFB when V2 came out, but not to 'correct' the lack of it, i was willing to wait.

Problem with that is it's been really light for me, which i guarantee i've gotten used to now, i think i might really struggle when i get home tonight :(

Problem with that is it's been really light for me, which i guarantee i've gotten used to now, i think i might really struggle when i get home tonight :(
Then go hard on it :p 

PS. I apologise for the terrible pun xD

Ryu, @Porkhammer will hate the PP Quattro, it's far from precise!  Its a drifty mess, full opposite lock before you cross the start board!! I drove 70% of the course on opposite lock, couldn't really go full attack with confidence.  Enjoyed the drifting if nothing else!

KevM said:
Ryu, @Porkhammer will hate the PP Quattro, it's far from precise!  Its a drifty mess, full opposite lock before you cross the start board!! I drove 70% of the course on opposite lock, couldn't really go full attack with confidence.  Enjoyed the drifting if nothing else!
Agreed, I thought it was supposed to be the easier car to drive. After about 7 runs I still couldn't get it figured out. But @Porkhammer cheats, so it doesn't matter what he drives or how they feel. :'(

JZStudios said:
That's the magic of simulators ;)

I seem to lack the ability to make self centering force feel right. It's oddly heavy at low speeds, and doesn't center enough. If I get it to center enough it becomes to heavy.

What's your wheel JZ?                                            

KevM said:
What's your wheel JZ?                                            
Fanatec GT2. Apparently Fanatecs aren't all that popular. I haven't seen anyone else share any kind of Fanatec settings, and I'm not sure how it compares to the G series or TMs.

Myeah, PP car movement is way off. Can't say I'm disappointed as it was to be expected with V2.
I didn't actually complete a full run though, I got bored and kept crashing, haha. I'll try to do it tomorrow.

All wings - No downforce.                                   

If anything should be planted & grippy in the game, it's a winged PP car on perfect Tarmac 

Myeah, PP car movement is way off. Can't say I'm disappointed as it was to be expected with V2.
I didn't actually complete a full run though, I got bored and kept crashing, haha. I'll try to do it tomorrow.
It's definitely a lot better than it was though. I did finally get fed up with manual transmission and switched to automatic. A few notes on that, for the car I was driving, the 205 I believe, somehow has no power whatsoever in 1st gear. Maybe a shorter gear would be better? it somehow gets stuck at super low revs making those awesome dirt hairpins a painfully slow ordeal to drive around at 5mph. A note on manual transmission, sometimes the engine stalls when I have the clutch fully pressed. Interesting feature that. Alternatively, sometimes it dies with full throttle, but the rev's are usually lower, so it makes a bit more sense, but that's not always the case.

I disagree with it being better. Quite the opposite for me.
Well there's no more sudden black ice. The 405 is admittedly a bit in shambles, but it's no longer crazy grip, then absolutely none at all.