Jump to content Jump to content

V2 Physics Discussion

griev0r

AphDburn said:
that is all                                                                                                
Hmm, not impressed, you hit that pole at the end. Every car I've driven handles like that when I put eagle wings on it.
Yay, Audi Quattro is actually frightening! And engine brake is gone! \o/
Now.. the Metro - Suspicious about its tarmac (Germany specifically) handling, not gonna write much - didn't test it enough, bed time n all, but it's suspicious. >_>
That makes driving a bit easier than it should be. You can always correct even you go way too wide or you don't have to fight to make the car to turn-in, etc...
How many players are knows how it should be (in the sense of instability and other dangerous situations)? Blessing to gods, most of us seen car crashes only on Youtube.

AphDburn said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glQny40nOIc 

that is all                                                                                                
so true.....   rallycars made with tincans

i've made a comparison on  paskuri stage:

mitsubishi flies very well and long, it's very light.........
all new cars fly very well exept c4

subaru impreza 1995 was so good before update.......

group b cars :D  ..... like paper planes :D 

i'm thinking to sell my wheel and buy one of these:

http://img.clubic.com/photo/00099024.jpg

i'm shure i will beat  ALL of you :D :D :D

GusPerez said:
V2 physics = Arcade + asistencia. It is a step back. This is not the way

Agree... this came more árcade on tarmac, and the car feels like floating.. this is not the way absolutely! In gravel v2 are better than v1, but in tarmac is a lot worse.. :(

I agree. I would be really sad if this turned out to be an arcade game, because we have loads of that already :( . Please keep DiRT Rally as realistic as possible. Cheers.
What does showing a truck being jumped off a purpose built ramp have to do with cars in this game flying too high? The point we're trying to make is, if that truck were in dirt rally it would have flown past the landing ramp and bottomed out. They're simply too light. This issue has been acknowledged by Paul on the dirt show today.
In my opinion, Impreza WRX R4 without upgrades is faster than Impreza WRC 2001. It has better acceleration, handling, and it can reach 200 km\h while Impreza WRC 2001 only 189 km\h...So in Sweet Lamb I had set a similar times, gap is about 3 sec on six-minute stage. It's really-really smells like arcade.

I'm 4WD fan, Idk whats with RWD physics. But 4WD feels really easy, like in D3: full throttle, max grip, long jumps, hard landings. Just yeah. better FFB and better handlings. 
In my opinion, Impreza WRX R4 without upgrades is faster than Impreza WRC 2001. It has better acceleration, handling, and it can reach 200 km\h while Impreza WRC 2001 only 189 km\h...So in Sweet Lamb I had set a similar times, gap is about 3 sec on six-minute stage. It's really-really smells like arcade.

I'm 4WD fan, Idk whats with RWD physics. But 4WD feels really easy, like in D3: full throttle, max grip, long jumps, hard landings. Just yeah. better FFB and better handlings. 
2001 impreza is miles better.

tried the 205 t16 on sweet lamb yesterday its truly a handful now.i think it will cause some more problems now.
teknoid85 said:
EddDragn said:

Who said that cars can't fly IRL? Just maybe the drivers doesn't want to do that?
that's a fake,  if you try this the truck wreck vey bad :D and the engine touches the ground ;D

https://youtu.be/Fhfj2HQegtA

ok,  thats a controlled jump with a studied exit ramp.     try this on finland with a stock truck and see what happens
I haven't been able to play too much yet, but my God the Quattro, the Delta S4, the 205... They are extreme. I will have to relearn everything for them, what a huge update for these cars.
They are so incredibly fast. The 205 is like a bullet.

This really pushes the airtime problem that Paul talked about a bit more into the high priority side of things though. It feels pretty impossible to drive these things in Finland and at sometimes in Wales too, not just because they have gotten much harder, but also because the incredible airtime I get.
i repeat it :  car are to light, it's like driving an bmw isetta

group A cars was so good, especially subaru1995,   that was a ture weight of a car and you was able to feel it un jumps and turns

with the new cars ALSO THE SAT IS  LESS STRONG because of their reduced weight.       sorry,but that's not the way it should be  :s
I have some questions regarding the weight as well, but it's not like you'd give it a few kg and it would start not flying around finland
What is most likely to do the trick is to increase the aerodynamic friction/drag, and i really think it's too low ATM.

Now, my questions about the weight are simple, is the driver, fuel and other fluids weight and inertia being simulated? (of course drivers have different weight between each other, but we could estimate +80kg per adult human inside the car)
I have some questions regarding the weight as well, but it's not like you'd give it a few kg and it would start not flying around finland
What is most likely to do the trick is to increase the aerodynamic friction/drag, and i really think it's too low ATM.

Now, my questions about the weight are simple, is the driver, fuel and other fluids weight and inertia being simulated? (of course drivers have different weight between each other, but we could estimate +80kg per adult human inside the car)
the problme are not only the jumps, the cars arwe simply too light, you pickup a stone and float away from the road!!

example: the subaru1995 was PERFECT before modern masters update

now the subaru hatchback with 1350kg!!!!!!!!!!  float around like a boat!!!    like 135kg.not 1350!!!

Archived