Jump to content Jump to content

V2 Physics Discussion

griev0r

chukonu said:
I haven't been able to play too much yet, but my God the Quattro, the Delta S4, the 205... They are extreme. I will have to relearn everything for them, what a huge update for these cars.
They are so incredibly fast. The 205 is like a bullet.

This really pushes the airtime problem that Paul talked about a bit more into the high priority side of things though. It feels pretty impossible to drive these things in Finland and at sometimes in Wales too, not just because they have gotten much harder, but also because the incredible airtime I get.
ALL CARS weight     500kg now!!!!!!!!!  that's the point, the mess!!!!!!!!!!
To be honest the 1995 Subaru felt way too heavy in V1, as though it weighed 90 tons. I haven't tried it yet with V2 but I can imagine it's better. With V1 you couldn't be nimble at all with it on any surface, or throw it around at all like they do on TV. If it's possible now, it's an improvement.
To be honest the 1995 Subaru felt way too heavy in V1, as though it weighed 90 tons. I haven't tried it yet with V2 but I can imagine it's better. With V1 you couldn't be nimble at all with it on any surface, or throw it around at all like they do on TV. If it's possible now, it's an improvement.
we are talking about 1200kg!    maybe too heavy, but now  like a tincan!!

you take a stone and fluppp!!! float away of the road!!!  it's ridicoulous :dizzy: 

subaru hatchback 1350kg---like a paperplane :D
Concrete bushes didn't make it out of this patch, next one.
I think few were fixed in Finland as yesterday they've only crashed my windshield and didn't caused a 180 degrees spin.

I've driven few stages yesterday and have to say it's a beast! There's still some heaviness to feel (at least I feel it) which's exact the way it should be imho.

Are they going to be looking at balancing the cars after the handling is taken care of? I've tried with the Fiesta and now '07 Focus, I just can't match my times in the '01 Focus, at least at Finland. I've tried each car with the default setup and with my own setup. It's weird too, cause the '07 Focus seems faster when driving, but the splits say otherwise.
teknoid85 said:
the problme are not only the jumps, the cars arwe simply too light, you pickup a stone and float away from the road!!

example: the subaru1995 was PERFECT before modern masters update

now the subaru hatchback with 1350kg!!!!!!!!!!  float around like a boat!!!    like 135kg.not 1350!!!
Muscle cars weighs way more and they feel like boats even more... all the float feeling is inertia related, and with a bigger body and more weight, the inertia gets even worse

Also, when you hit things the car bounces around like the object you hit didn't absorb any of the energy, it's another problem related to the colisions, not the car physics, and i agree it's wrong and should be better (it was better in DiRT 1 and 2 for example)

BTW, exactly the same thing (car flying around when hitting things) happens in RBR and no one ever complained lol

BTW, exactly the same thing (car flying around when hitting things) happens in RBR and no one ever complained lol
I personally still like (RS)RBR a bit more than this, but the over the top crashes are something I never cared for. I've rolled a car several times as if I was going 100kmh+ when I was only doing about 30-40kmh (the first 90 left on New Bobs). But, hitting roadside objects/banks/cliff faces I can't recall it being anywhere near as exaggerated as it is in DR. And I've done my share of clipping banks on Mineshaft.
teknoid85 said:
the problme are not only the jumps, the cars arwe simply too light, you pickup a stone and float away from the road!!

example: the subaru1995 was PERFECT before modern masters update

now the subaru hatchback with 1350kg!!!!!!!!!!  float around like a boat!!!    like 135kg.not 1350!!!
Muscle cars weighs way more and they feel like boats even more... all the float feeling is inertia related, and with a bigger body and more weight, the inertia gets even worse

Also, when you hit things the car bounces around like the object you hit didn't absorb any of the energy, it's another problem related to the colisions, not the car physics, and i agree it's wrong and should be better (it was better in DiRT 1 and 2 for example)

muscle cars floating bcause of weight and totally shitty   chassis.

it's not natural cars flying around just because touching a little stone ,  you can tell want you want ;)

and who cares about RBR??? never played, don't interestst me,   FACT is that cars weight i WRONG
teknoid85 said:
it's not natural cars flying around just because touching a little stone ,  you can tell want you want ;)
...FACT is that cars weight i WRONG
The heck? where i said the cars flying around is natural? i agreed with you in that point!

I just don't agree entirely on the weight part, to me the problem is still mostly down to the aerodynamics
function9 said:
You mean like learning the DR (v2 physics) way now? ;)
 :# :#  
rbr was over the top.in most things.good fun but not really accurate.you basically had to learn the rbr way to get through a stage.
that's that point....... why adapt to a wrong thing??????          even a 5 year old child understand that the cars are too light with v2.
v1 WEIGHT was correct.

with v2 i think they made the cars more agile by lighten then, but that not the way to do things right   :#

teknoid85 said:
...FACT is that cars weight i WRONG
The heck? where i said the cars flying around is natural? i agreed with you in that point!

I just don't agree entirely on the weight part, to me the problem is still mostly down to the aerodynamics
for me it's a bit of all two things.       subaru1995 was good imho before mdern masters.   it was not like driving a 500kg car
teknoid85 said:
function9 said:
rbr was over the top.in most things.good fun but not really accurate.you basically had to learn the rbr way to get through a stage.
that's that point....... why adapt to a wrong thing??????          even a 5 year old child understand that the cars are too light with v2.
v1 WEIGHT was correct.

with v2 i think they made the cars more agile by lighten then, but that not the way to do things right   :#
you're actually wrong.
codemasters stated that in v1 physics were in fact lighter, but had a lot more downforce (eg 800kg car plus 500kg downforce).
Now, the car itself is much heavier, but has less downforce (eg. 1000kg car plsu 200kg downforce).
And that is actually way more realistic that what v1 has been.
Sometimes it's good to put away your tinfoil-hat, listen to what the devs say and stop making up rediculous excuses for why you suck at playing a videogame.

sorry if I'm being a little rough here, but all these rants about cars being too light are just pissing me off.
Try and compare v2 physics with footage of actual rallycars and you will see that v2 is much more accurate than v1.
Dique said:
teknoid85 said:
function9 said:
v1 WEIGHT was correct.

you're actually wrong.
codemasters stated that in v1 physics were in fact lighter, but had a lot more downforce (eg 800kg car plus 500kg downforce).
Now, the car itself is much heavier, but has less downforce (eg. 1000kg car plsu 200kg downforce).
Sometimes it's good to put away your tinfoil-hat, listen to what the devs say and stop making up rediculous excuses for why you suck at playing a videogame.

sorry if I'm being a little rough here, but all these rants about cars being too light are just pissing me off.
Try and compare v2 physics with footage of actual rallycars and you will see that v2 is much more accurate than v1.
haha, cars flying because touching for ex.a  stone is realistic???

come of the pedestal and start to think before you "talk"

i'm sorry if i'm not as good as you; mister world rally champion

it's people like you that should be banned from forum for a better feeling 
teknoid85 said:
Dique said:
teknoid85 said:
function9 said:
v1 WEIGHT was correct.

you're actually wrong.

haha, cars flying because touching for ex.a  stone is realistic???

come of the pedestal and start to think before you "talk"

i'm sorry if i'm not as good as you; mister world rally championbigcock

it's people like you that should be banned from forum for a better feeling 
how about calming down a little?
in case you didn't watch yesterday's dirt show:
paul stated, that the cars weight and aerodynamics have been rebalanced and that the only thing that's off is the handling of the cars when getting airborne.

thanks for the ban-request, but at least i'm trying to lay down arguments and not get too personal.
do yoursself a favor and watch yesterday's dirt show on youtube, all of your questions are answered there.
Yeah seriously, who let Ivan in here? we thought he was restricted to the Steam forums?!

Paul said it all in the Dirt show yesterday, as has already been mentioned, the cars do not weight less, and, again, as has been mentioned, it's all in the aero, the aero whilst airborne is not right at the moment and @KickUp has already stated this.

Once the FFB is added back with all the cars at the V2 level, things will feel a lot better, it won't fix the airborne aero, but the cars will feel a lot heavier in contact with the road.

Archived