Jump to content Jump to content

V2 Physics Discussion

griev0r

I´m driving the weekly with the Subaru Impreza 2001.
This car feels great on gravel (default setup). It may be not the fastest 20XX car out there but I find it sweet to drive. I´m loving this car. Even when you fail transfering wheights or braking it shows very permissive.

If only we could get the same feeling for tarmac stages... :kiss: 
(tarmac feeling obviously... I mean the same great feeling and FFB)

OzoreXS said:
This car feels great on gravel (default setup). It may be not the fastest 20XX car out there but I find it sweet to drive. I´m loving this car. Even when you fail transfering wheights or braking it shows very permissive.

The 2001 Subaru is by far the worst car or tarmac. No matter what you do to the setup it feels like a wet sponge. The weight shifting sloooowly from side to side. 

bogani said:
OzoreXS said:

The 2001 Subaru is by far the worst car or tarmac. No matter what you do to the setup it feels like a wet sponge. The weight shifting sloooowly from side to side. 
That was my fear. Confirmed then (sadly) :(

bogani said:
Put it on the deck!! :grin: 

It can be a bit of fun to take if for a complete 6th gear tail-out joyride in Germany!  

It's possible but olny with handbrake, overspeeding the corner, keeping the revs, and so sometimes the car "goes out"...  We're talking about too much tires and mechanical!! grip problem (esspecialy in monte) since April and still nothing.. I hope that there will be more physic uptades. (If you can do this in D;R, show me! Remember without using handbrake, only with car power and left foot :) It's possible?! No... ? )

Grip levels seem to divide the forum entirely.

Those who enjoy the driving experience & understand rallying seem to want less grip/more sliding

Those that are artificially fast purely by increasing grip with mods (so easy to spot in replays), don't care about 'the driving', & thrive on Internet admiration from naive people whilst getting cheques from YouTube for running pages full of monetised replay videos.  

Kinda leaves a bad taste when reading over their constant 'critique' of the game design & physics (in an attempt to gain credibility), fairly constant ridicule of other members opinions and spamming of Leagues and Event leaderboards with meaningless manipulated times.

It's possible but olny with handbrake, overspeeding the corner, keeping the revs, and so sometimes the car "goes out"...  We're talking about too much tires and mechanical!! grip problem (esspecialy in monte) since April and still nothing.. I hope that there will be more physic uptades. (If you can do this in D;R, show me! Remember without using handbrake, only with car power and left foot :) It's possible?! No... ? )

No you don't need handbrake to do it at all. It's a piece of piss using either left footbrake or just hitting the throttle in any of the cars. 

KevM said:

Kinda leaves a bad taste when reading over their constant 'critique' of the game design & physics (in an attempt to gain credibility), fairly constant ridicule of other members opinions and spamming of Leagues and Event leaderboards with meaningless manipulated times.

And which forum members are they then? I'd love to know which ones are posting 'manipulated times'

No you don't need handbrake to do it at all. It's a piece of piss using either left footbrake or just hitting the throttle in any of the cars. 
  Comparing this video to d;r , the levels of grip esspecialy mechanical are much more higher. It's possible to drift in this game but not like on this video and as I sad you must overspeed the corner, clutch kick to keep the revs and even further the car is "going out".

Archived