Jump to content Jump to content

V2 Physics Discussion

griev0r

It's possible but olny with handbrake, overspeeding the corner, keeping the revs, and so sometimes the car "goes out"...  We're talking about too much tires and mechanical!! grip problem (esspecialy in monte) since April and still nothing.. I hope that there will be more physic uptades. (If you can do this in D;R, show me! Remember without using handbrake, only with car power and left foot :) It's possible?! No... ? )

No you don't need handbrake to do it at all. It's a piece of piss using either left footbrake or just hitting the throttle in any of the cars. 
  Comparing this video to d;r , the levels of grip esspecialy mechanical are much more higher. It's possible to drift in this game but not like on this video and as I sad you must overspeed the corner, clutch kick to keep the revs and even further the car is "going out".
So, they are running studded tires in that video on slippery tarmac. As we cannot choose tires in DR we really can't compare. The closest thing would be the snowy sections at Monte where the tires in the game struggle the most to find grip. 

In Dirt Rally grip level is too high !!! 

Today I do one small test. I drove tarmac stage on dry and wet conditions. Please look at the times : 

TIME ON DRY 

TIME ON WET 

I do better time on wet sufarce !!!!

Paul Coleman, Codies - Is that this big simulation ?? C`mon ! This is arcade :(

P.S. Driving on tarmac is terrible !  Car floats !
P.S. 2 - sorry for my bad english

My experience : 

7 years playing RBR. Two times Polish champion and one time World runner up.
My profile : http://rbr.onlineracing.cz/index.php?act=ustats&u=66539

In Dirt Rally grip level is too high !!! 

Today I do one small test. I drove tarmac stage on dry and wet conditions. Please look at the times : My experience : 

7 years playing RBR. Two times Polish champion and one time World runner up.
My profile : http://rbr.onlineracing.cz/index.php?act=ustats&u=66539
For so much experience, your times are kind of crap I'm afraid. You're 10 seconds behind a WR pace on a sub 3 minute tarmac stage. Not to say you're wrong (the wet tarmac is definitely a bit too "grippy" in rain), since tarmac definitely needs a lot of work, but using the word "arcade" is basically asking to be completely ignored.

Also, for those asking how to powerslide/drift through a corner with power alone. Take Fiesta or Impreza RX. Hit full throttle in the middle of the corner while going slowly. Enjoy the powerslide/drift.

@Porkhammer 

Handling V3 will be relased ? 
In a distant future, yes I am pretty certain of this. Believe me, you're not the only one disliking V2 tarmac. The rest of the game is great though.

For so much experience, your times are kind of crap I'm afraid. You're 10 seconds behind a WR pace on a sub 3 minute tarmac stage. Not to say you're wrong (the wet tarmac is definitely a bit too "grippy" in rain), since tarmac definitely needs a lot of work, but using the word "arcade" is basically asking to be completely ignored.

Also, for those asking how to powerslide/drift through a corner with power alone. Take Fiesta or Impreza RX. Hit full throttle in the middle of the corner while going slowly. Enjoy the powerslide/drift.
That's kind of unfair. He could be "crap" because the tarmac physics are just that awkward compared to games that does it better, no? Of course he could have worded it better, but disappointment makes us exaggerate a little. It's in the human nature.

Also, the RX tarmac physics are not the same as V2.

EDIT: spelling

I don't think V3 is confirmed in any way. There is plenty to be improved upon, but they had to move mountains just to get V2 in the game, and V2 was never planned in the first place. All I've heard they say is that if V3 will come, it won't be anytime soon.

My biggest complaint is that DiRT Rally on gravel (most especially Wales) has pretty much made everything else feel lacking, including DiRT Rally on tarmac!

I just can't stop driving various cars around the Wales stages to the extent I haven't even bothered with the career and credits stuff.

KevM said:
Don't be so blinkered lads.

If if you can drive & if you know the game, it's unbelievably obvious when watching a replay.

You CAN drive? Right?? 
Let me get this straight. You're suggesting that porkhammer and dg are using modified files to get good times and then are stupid enough to upload the replays? And that this has been going on undetected since the beginning of early access? You are aware that times done with modified files are not registered on the leaderboards right? No, presumably you aren't, because that would require some level of actual research or knowledge of the subject you're talking about.

KevM said:
Don't be so blinkered lads.

If if you can drive & if you know the game, it's unbelievably obvious when watching a replay.

You CAN drive? Right?? 
Translation: I can't drive like the fast people, therefore they must have modified game files, which somehow has gone undetected by Codemasters for 6 months.

Archived