Jump to content Jump to content

Is the interior of the 01 Impreza innacurate?

warpengage

Some people have been mentioning around the forum that the interior of the 2001 Impreza WRC, apparently, does not match the real thing. I'm inclined to concur with that point of view because, as far as I know, the interior should look like this:

Why was that interior chosen? Was it a licensing issue? Could you not get a reference car with this spec? Was the car used an older but still correct car?
No secret reasoning behind the scenes on this one.
It's a simple mistake, one that wasn't pointed out to the team until the Community Test.
Far too late to fix for 0.8 release.
Might even be too late to be fixed at all. Creating an entirely new virtual cockpit is no small task. :(

BrySkye said:
It's a simple mistake, one that wasn't pointed out to the team until the Community Test.
Might even be too late to be fixed at all. Creating an entirely new virtual cockpit is no small task. :(

That is just unfortunate. Still, it baffles me how, with so many photos on the internet and onboards from 2001, they didn't notice, in fact no one noticed, that the interior being modeled was the wrong one.
BrySkye said:

That is just unfortunate. Still, it baffles me how, with so many photos on the internet and onboards from 2001, they didn't notice, in fact no one noticed, that the interior being modeled was the wrong one.
**** happens. It would personally baffle me if someone put a Tornado F3 cockpit into a Tornado GR4 (or vice-versa) or used an Su-35S to represent an Su-27, but that's not to say it couldn't happen.
(Well, Ace Combat Assault Horizon did in fact just re-use it's Su-35S model and stick Su-27 on it. You'd have to be pretty hardcore to notice the longer tail boom with aerodynamic fins).
Most people, including those doing the modelling, wouldn't even notice. 
meerkat80 said:
It's not wasted work if they model an Impreza 2000 too. 

BTW, totally off topic, but the Focus WRC01 model from 0.8 has the WRC02 front lights...
And should have just the driver side rearview mirror.
And there are no antennas.
Good catch, I wasn't sure about mirrors myself! BTW Focus is my favourite car in DR. Really responsive beast!
meerkat80 said:

BTW, totally off topic, but the Focus WRC01 model from 0.8 has the WRC02 front lights...
Hard to say which one has been modelled, or rather which car they had access to for reference.
Y4 FMC, which McRae raced in Greece, New Zealand and Great Britain 2001, is shown here with both one mirror and mirrors on both sides.
http://www.coys.co.uk/auction.php?itemID=1297

Off hand, might have to do with local laws to allow the cars on normal roads to and from events.
BrySkye said:
meerkat80 said:

Hard to say which one has been modelled, or rather which car they had access to for reference.
Y4 FMC, which McRae raced in Greece, New Zealand and Great Britain 2001, is shown here with both one mirror and mirrors on both sides.
http://www.coys.co.uk/auction.php?itemID=1297

Off hand, might have to do with local laws to allow the cars on normal roads to and from events.
Didn't know there was a version with two mirrors too.
But the hood vents are unmistakably 2001 (two identical vs three "flat" asymmetrical vents of the WRC02).
Don't know about the interior though.

Archived