Jump to content Jump to content

MyTeam Unplayable After S1

Hi everyone, so I'm currently on S3 at Spain on MyTeam, I've noticed the more I progress the more it becomes unplayable. I have the best car on the grid by a long way and I'm still struggling against the AI, I started MyTeam at 103 difficulty and finished S1 on 105 without any issues, as I moved into S2 I stayed with 105 difficulty but when I got to the mid part of the season the AI was getting quicker and quicker without any reason, since then and up until now I've had to put the AI difficulty down to 102 and I'm still struggling. Is anyone else having the same issues?

38 minutes ago, SlendermanXXI said:

Hi everyone, so I'm currently on S3 at Spain on MyTeam, I've noticed the more I progress the more it becomes unplayable. I have the best car on the grid by a long way and I'm still struggling against the AI, I started MyTeam at 103 difficulty and finished S1 on 105 without any issues, as I moved into S2 I stayed with 105 difficulty but when I got to the mid part of the season the AI was getting quicker and quicker without any reason, since then and up until now I've had to put the AI difficulty down to 102 and I'm still struggling. Is anyone else having the same issues?

It's normal, it was exactly like this back in F1 2020. The more upgrades their car had, the more AI seems to get stronger and stronger exponentially. It could also be just us not adapting to the faster car as quickly as the AI could, it could gets really difficult to extract the most out of a really good car, the limit could be way out of reach for most of us. 

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, SlendermanXXI said:

It's not unplayable if you can still drop difficulty to accomodate the changes. You're on 102 and still struggling? Drop the difficulty further. You've got tons of room. These season to season AI influxes have happened for years. The AI also perfectly adapt to the car changes, whereas it takes time for for us mere humans to adapt. This includes switching teams too, I had to drop the difficulty going from Williams to McLaren last year by 8 or 9 because the car handled differently.

I've dropped over 10 just from switching from F1 2020 to F1 2021, and then I have to drop several levels every season on top of that to accomodate the AI changes. Still enjoying it.

Don't let a number get in the way of your enjoyment. 👍 Turn that difficulty down and enjoy the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I completely get the point but I don’t see them re-writing everything because you’ve begun to struggle when you can just turn down the difficulty as a workaround. 
I get that you shouldn’t have to keep finding out what difficulty you should be, but you are whatever difficulty you can manage.  It’s just ego that’s going to keep you trying to be what you used to be and that’s not going to win any brownie or sympathy points on here unfortunately. 
102 still isn’t shabby, so kudos.  Find out what difficulty you find comfortable and that’ll provide you more data of how much you had to drop to make the game ‘playable’. Then you’ll have a stronger argument of something being fundamentally wrong. 

• Agree 1
23 minutes ago, SlendermanXXI said:

Unplayable on my current difficulty*

Well, no, you're just not doing as well as you want. Unplayable is where the game constantly auto-steers you into walls, or causes your XBOX to regularly shut itself down...

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2
3 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Well, no, you're just not doing as well as you want. Unplayable is where the game constantly auto-steers you into walls, or causes your XBOX to regularly shut itself down...

I'd consider it unplayable when the AI are able to gain 3 tenths in a corner and then still pull away from me on the straights like as if drag isn't a thing, if you was witnessing what I've raced against you would be frustrated as well, wait until you get to S3 and see how it goes 

8 minutes ago, SlendermanXXI said:

I'd consider it unplayable when the AI are able to gain 3 tenths in a corner and then still pull away from me on the straights like as if drag isn't a thing, if you was witnessing what I've raced against you would be frustrated as well, wait until you get to S3 and see how it goes 

You've admitted yourself the problem you're having is that it's unplayable on your current difficulty. Lower your difficulty. That's literally all you have to do.

• Agree 1
7 hours ago, SlendermanXXI said:

Possibly you may be experiencing the more general issue covered in the thread below? I'm not dismissing your concerns but there are major issues with the game that put aspects much more firmly in the 'unplayable' category for many. Not sure if you've tried much online racing for example...

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/82344-ai-ridiculously-fast-in-high-speed-corners/