Jump to content Jump to content

Inexplicable Ban Applied to my Account, potential bug?

I genuinely have no idea on how this could have happened and have received zero clarification over it. I've never cheated in any of the 9 F1 games I have played and I'm wondering if this was a potential glitch from the game or get some knowledge on this situation on how this could be resolved.

F1 2021 Screenshot 2021.08.06 - 17.03.49.37.png

Try speaking to one of the community mods to see if they can suggest a way of contacting codemasters to find out why you were banned. You have a legal right to find out why and defend yourself against the codemasters allegations that you are a cheat and if it’s a bug then it’s a serious one.

I’ve tried speaking to Barry, and got no reply.

10 minutes ago, Silverchris said:

Try speaking to one of the community mods to see if they can suggest a way of contacting codemasters to find out why you were banned. You have a legal right to find out why and defend yourself against the codemasters allegations that you are a cheat and if it’s a bug then it’s a serious one.

Out of interest, are any of you getting this issue on PC and using mods? Because there is a risk of being banned online for using mods.

Damage mods, tyre mods, the sort of thing that can enhance a single player experience but must never be used online. Modders usually state that their mods shouldn't be used online but I've seen a few people who are completely oblivious to this and have still asked on these forums, despite it saying so clearly on the page they downloaded it from.

59 minutes ago, s00zster said:

Out of interest, are any of you getting this issue on PC and using mods? Because there is a risk of being banned online for using mods.

Damage mods, tyre mods, the sort of thing that can enhance a single player experience but must never be used online. Modders usually state that their mods shouldn't be used online but I've seen a few people who are completely oblivious to this and have still asked on these forums, despite it saying so clearly on the page they downloaded it from.

I have never used a mod on any F1 game.

• 5 months later...