DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiRT Rally G25 not working properly, share your setting?

I have tried playing without LOgitech profiler, but then the ffb is too soft, too weak and the settings I can change ingame seems to have no effect. If I use the logitech profiler I do get ffb and I can change the settings and the do affect my game, but the ffb is just too ... snappy.  If I turn the steering wheel one way and let go it just keeps turning left and right on its own. Tried changing ingame and profiler settings nothing could change this behaviour.

Logitech Profiler:
100% (or 120%)
0% (spring)
0% (damper)
centering spring OFF, 0%
900degrees
[x] Allow game to make changes

In Game:
Advanced wheel options

Steering:
deadzone 0%
saturation 100%
linearity 0

Throttle:
deadzone 0%
saturation 100%

Brake:
deadzone 0%
saturation 100%

Clutch:
deadzone 0%
saturation 80% (just to miss less gears when driving with h-shifter&clutch)

Soft Lock: ON (changes wheel rotation depending on the car)
Steering Center: ON (centers the wheel at the start and after a recovery, it has no effect while driving/in motion)

Vibration & Feedback
self aligning torque: 55% (or more if needed, going over 65% may cause slipping to the forces, meaning some effects can be lost or they're less detailed)
wheel friction 0%
tyre friction 0% (or 100%)
suspension 100%
tyre slip 80% (or 0%)
collision 80%
soft lock 100%
steering center force 100%

karik134 said:
Logitech Profiler:
100%
0%
0%
centering spring OFF, 0%
900degrees

In Game:
Advanced wheel options

Steering:
deadzone 0%
saturation 100%
linearity 0

Throttle:
deadzone 0%
saturation 100%

Brake:
deadzone 0%
saturation 100%

Clutch:
deadzone 0%

Steering Center: ON (centers the wheel at the start and after a recovery, it has no effect while driving/in motion)

Vibration & Feedback
self aligning torque: 55% (or more if needed, going over 65% may cause slipping to the forces, meaning some effects can be lost or they're less detailed)
wheel friction 0%
tyre friction 0%
suspension 100%
tyre slip 80%
collision 80%
soft lock 100%
Thanks That works, ffb seems ok. Although the initial "weight" of the steering wheel is still zero. Friction setting dont seem to affect that.

Wheel "weight" changes depending on the surface(+conditions dry/wet), also cars have different tire widths(wider tire=more friction) and if you're accelerating or braking the wheel weight changes.

Adding tyre friction and wheel friction values should affect the weight of the wheel. Try 25% on both and back to 0% when on stage. You can can do changes on the fly by pausing the game and changing it in the options-menu.
Try also higher setting in Self Aligning Torgue, like that 65% (or more if you don't notice anything negative effects when going over that 65%).

Friction to max, and the steering wheel has no resistance to turn it. I dont mean ffb, I mean actual power to turn the wheel. Even on gravel or snow, the wheel should have resistance, so steering should not be this weightless. 

Is there more resistance on gravel and ice/snow if you stop the car and turn the wheel (or when car is just rolling forward without throttle).
In Monte Carlo the cars have slick tires and that's why steering is extremely light on ice/snow. When your driving on gravel and snow the wheels are also slipping much more than on dry tarmac, that's why steering is lighter there. Does steering feel heavy enough at least on dry tarmac?

Latest 0.8 update with V2 handling made steering feel more lighter than previous. Try Gr B 4WD and Gr A cars, they still have older handling physics.

Could be that those friction settings are not working properly in game. Wheel friction-setting is like power steering-setting (0%=power steering on max=lightest steering, 100%= power steering on minimum=heaviest steering).

Try with these changes:
- Self Aligning Torque 100%
- Wheel friction 0%
- Tyre friction 100%
- Tyre slip 0%

And maybe put centering spring-effect: ON (and start with 30%) to logitech profiler.

Try 120% in profiler for the Overall Strenght -setting, it can help if center zone feels too loose.

Same bug.. -> "the steering wheel one way and let go it just keeps turning left and right on its own"
And the g25 have a FFB "inversed of the reality"
I have this bug since calibrate G25 in Dirtrally option! Never bug before!
I have formated my windows7... but always buged..... :disappointed: 

karik134 said:
Logitech Profiler:
100%
0%
0%
centering spring OFF, 0%
900degrees

In Game:
Advanced wheel options

Steering:
deadzone 0%
saturation 100%
linearity 0

Throttle:
deadzone 0%
saturation 100%

Brake:
deadzone 0%
saturation 100%

Clutch:
deadzone 0%

Vibration & Feedback
wheel friction 0%
tyre friction 0%
suspension 100%
tyre slip 80%
collision 80%
soft lock 100%
Thanks That works, ffb seems ok. Although the initial "weight" of the steering wheel is still zero. Friction setting dont seem to affect that.
I have the same problem with a Driving Force GT.
Theres no force in center; when you drive stright you dont feel nothing.

In other games like pCARS I used "wheelcheck" to improve the Deadzone Removal Range. In my case the value is 0.11 and getting worse as I use the wheel.

But Dirt Rally does not have a similar value (not at simple sight), so the center zone of the steering is always loose.

just quick 1 but if you alt tab out of game, when you go back into game your FFB is usually up the wall, seen it on 3 systems now. it feels like theres ffb, but it isnt true, only a restart will bring back the FFB

MM

just quick 1 but if you alt tab out of game, when you go back into game your FFB is usually up the wall, seen it on 3 systems now. it feels like theres ffb, but it isnt true, only a restart will bring back the FFB

MM
I can ALT+TAB the game, even modify profiler values and get it in real time without any issue.

I use to modify force values while driving some V2 cars... I pause the game, alt+tab, mess with profiler, alt+enter and voilà

Hello, I've tested this with a G27 and a new save profile so default ffb settings in 0.9.

Testing 2010 fiesta + BMW m3 at Germany so tarmac....
Using windows 7 x64 and running game in a window and tried fullscreen too using 900° rotation with 50% steering saturation.

Using Logitech Profiler set to 120% overall effects strength and fps is ~150 but also tested limited to 45fps.

I have wheel centring by itself when turning left or right with forces in the center of the wheel. This is after I calibrated the wheel, rebooted the game and rebooted PC.

Tried twice and was fine.

@BACKALLY try with a new profile and see if you have the same results as me.

I could not fix my problem, so I have been playing like that ever since. Today was the first time I tried Hillclimb and WHAT THE HELL it works properly ?! The wheel is almost weightless both in rally and rallycross, and on all surfaces, BUT it works as I was expecting it to be in Hillcimb? I can actually feel the resistansi of the tires and the weight of the car. How come it works in one place and does not in another?

I use a Logitech G27, but you could try these and tweak as necessary.  There's a guide in this forum on what effect does what.  (some virtually cancel each other out, hence my lower values for them)

Logitech Profiler/Driver:
Effects Strength 107
Spring 100
Damper 100
Centre Spring 0 Enabled
900deg Rotation

In Game:
Deadzone 0
Saturation 65-75
Linearity 0
In Game FFB:
Self Aligning Torque 125
Wheel friction 15
Tyre friction 15
Suspension 100
Tyre Slip 50
Collision 100
Soft Lock 100
Centre Force 100

these seem light to me but what do i know.  ive got all in game FFB settings at 120+ give or take here and there with 100 across the board in the logitech profiler

I find that some forces cancel each other's effect.  That's why I tone some down.  The forces I feel I need, are then the more pronounced, such as the Self Aligning Torque (easily the most important force in the game)

euhhhh how to try a new profil??!  i have not the possibility to reset my profil.. or create a new profil?
just delete my progression in dirtrally menu.. its just a delete for the stats! :/

I have delete all file in    ->     steam/userdata/"MyNumberAccount"/310560
+ delete all file in   ->   My Games/DiRT Rally
+ All delete the dirtrally Game!!

I lunch dirtrally.. and my video config is reset.. but my profil is always open.. w t f ....
impossible delete my profil.. for testing to reset my buged FFB.. :'(

do you have an idea?  pleaseeeeeeeeeee ^^

Right click on DiRT Rally > Properties > Updates > Untick the Steam cloud check box at the bottom then exit Steam.

Locate your Steam folder and select userdata > your steamID folder > 310560 > remote > backup any files in this folder then remove them so its empty

Try launching the game now and see if it can create a new profile.