Jump to content Jump to content

Please please please stop raining

Mid way through second season off my team...   and overall as ever codemasters continue to improve the game year on year.  But it has started raining from start off race and then drys out or dry start and then rain a quarter or so in.  In pretty much 80% off the races.  If it does rain in race then qualifying is wet half the time. 

Yes that can happen in real world just unlikely..  and I actually don’t mind wet races.  But just got ps5 and getting used to controller and not to mention codemasters cant help themselves changing how car setups work year on year.  So I spend practice finding a good dry setup.  Think ok add abit extra downforce for rain should be good... I wish.. pm purpose just crashed out a couple off races cause just wanted the nightmare to end.. also doesn’t help cars touch a curb and it wants to spin... please rebalance weather or like with every other options except weather have pity on us controller users and let us change wet westher frequency.

im also thinking I’m hitting all this weather cause I’m doing well and the game is using a weather cheat to peg me back.

wouldnt normally post but last 4 races have been heavy rain.  And just went to start Austria and weather forecast for just race is heavy rain.  To start half way in.  And I just lost the will to play and turned it off.. 

Edited by ScaredDuck

I agree it rains WAY 2 much in pretty much all the F1 games I can remember. We get a good rain race what 3 or 4 times a season in real F1 on average maybe. The game gives me a rainy session almost every weekend. Needs 2 b turned down or have a toggle switch 2 change frequency. Not 2 mention how much grip the AI get in the wet as well!

• Agree 2

I’m currently up to my 6th race in my team, and I havnt had ANY rain. A few races where there is a 60% chance, and still none - annoying as I planned my pit stop strategy around the rain coming and it never did!!!

4 hours ago, greenmind73 said:

I agree it rains WAY 2 much in pretty much all the F1 games I can remember. We get a good rain race what 3 or 4 times a season in real F1 on average maybe. The game gives me a rainy session almost every weekend. Needs 2 b turned down or have a toggle switch 2 change frequency. Not 2 mention how much grip the AI get in the wet as well!

3 or 4... if that imola was only wet race so far I think this season.  And before that not a proper full wet race

So far for me, I only had rain in 2 races in season 1 of career mode, for about 15 laps in Dutch gp and last 3 laps of Brazilian gp. Barley any rain in practice or qualifying either. Just starting season 2 and no rain in Bahrain. 

This is very different from my previous experience with career mode. In 5 full seasons, I had rain in at least 5 races a season and the most I had in one season was 12 races with rain. Not even counting all the qualis and practices that had rain. 

I’m sure I’m in for a run of rain races now. I don’t mind rain but I find the weather transition this year isn’t balanced and I have to put inters on earlier than AI and they didn’t seem to be affected by the rain the same way I was. Again, I only have a little experience in this so maybe it was just that one race. Guess I’ll find out. I also can live with 5 rain races a year but 12 was just too much for me.

Just wanted to share my experience so far.

To be honest, this year's optimized dry setup tend to work just as well on wet situation because of the overall higher downforce and ride height setting. But about the frequent rain in career, did you just happen to have the calendar set with many locations where rain was common? (Austria, France, Canada, etc.)

Posted (edited)

And all the races where rain isn’t common.  Bahrain has thus far been rain free... but rained at Texas..  not finding setups working just as well.   The replay button has had tons off use... don’t want to have to rely on it.  But even tho ive focused r&d aero and chassis heavily.  It’s still way way off being able to fly effortlessly round a track.

and I really don’t want to turn off parc fermme.  I like to keep everything as real as poss

Edited by ScaredDuck
Posted (edited)

Not having an issue with ai doing better on tyres.. but from day one I always make sure I get as many tire upgrades as fast as I can.

generally last longer on my tyres.  However I have noticed. You only get strategy update to change wrather tyres later than ai.  So as game seems to have a few cheats.  When it’s getting close to changing I mid season save just before pit entrance.. so if  I get the call normally just to late to pit that lap. If replay restart isn’t long enough.. load previous save

but I’m really not having fun playing at the moment  and knowing I have to resort to cheaky saving and loading  is just taking any sense off achievements 

Edited by ScaredDuck

Well that’s just typical although it rained entire race at Austria if never got bad enough to have to change from slicks.  And havnt had rain since and gladly just about to start race at spa with not a cloud in sight

It's been asked for 3 years straight now, give us the option of weather in career and leagues. But it seems the constant complaints and asking for it on the suggestions forum and directly to devs just gets ignored every year. The options screen is there, just enable the weather column for us

Edited by TomAAA
  • Agree 1

You would think as this year the devs have given the end user the option to set just about everything else.  If you can have the option to turn set damage and wear and micro the ai level it is bizarre they won’t let us touch the weather.  

And just to add insult into injury.  Things going my way now even all my r&d are passing first time.  Just pressed go to Italian Grand Prix and get message.  File corrupted.  Delete file and restart game....halfwsy through  season 2...   ARE YOU BLEEPING KIDDING ME