Jump to content Jump to content

And how does it play on a controller?

Assuming you play with no assists, is it even possible to play with the missus and have her have some fun?

To be honest I'm on mobile and have yet to watch the video, but those two are projects of very different aims and scopes. A "sim racer" can still have fun on F1 games but try hooking anyone else on AC.

18 minutes ago, marioho said:

And how does it play on a controller?

Assuming you play with no assists, is it even possible to play with the missus and have her have some fun?

To be honest I'm on mobile and have yet to watch the video, but those two are projects of very different aims and scopes. A "sim racer" can still have fun on F1 games but try hooking anyone else on AC.

AC GT spinoff Competizione on PS4 was the reason I eventually invested in a wheel, it's possible on controller but you need to be sourcing the right settings for it as it's all over the place by default and it'll never feel perfect regardless, or comfortable, it's just not made for it. At least that's my experience with both AC and ACC. 

Driving half length licensed endurance races through the night though, bliss, well worth it. 

Not played on PC with mods like the above, though it sure looks nice, can imagine it's heavily online focused with no real single player modes and will lack the F1 details many people on here complain about not being 100% perfect in even CM's titles. 

I never really get the idea behind threads like this anyway, we want choices, not 1 game to be the same as another. Both of these fill different niches. 

• Agree 2

Heh, just watched the vid. And like @KNT2011 said, I don't see the point.

It's comparing a good simulator (niche genre) with a good official game for a broader audience. And Codemasters' F1 has a better shot at entertaining sim racers than modded AC has at entertaining casual gamers, offline gamers, and F1 supporters.

A F1 2021 review by a sim racer that  outputs quality content (seriously, check his instructional videos) and isn't a man baby. And has a real structure and method on his approach.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Yes i understand that but there is thing where F1 can be better than it is. Like sharp graphics, better tire feeling etc. I like both games, when i want enjoy pure formula driving i go to AC and F1 using just for career. Mix these two and will be in heaven 😁

21 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

The old tv cam effect can't hide the codies cartoon colour and graphics 

Nor a reshade about the flaws that happens to be in a game.

My point still stands that are different visions in both games. If one doesnt have a PC, all this work in modding would be for naught for them. AC does a freaking good job on the simulation side whereas F1 does it job at hitting a broader audience being more accessible. F1 2021 has less than impressive release imo with performance and lack of tracks, but feels good to drive, as AC does too, but every game on its own scenario.

This is like comparing counter strike and arma or Total war with crusader kings. 

Edited by Hichel18

Assetto Corsa is the most I've ever regretted spending money on a racing sim, sadly.

It has its qualities - absolutely. But there's so much basic stuff it lacks compared to other sims that I take for granted.

I think Kunos Simulazioni do a great job with limited tools, but when people hold it up like it's the gold standard but with the caveat that you need to install a bunch of mods to get it to where it's really good... that doesn't really say much for the quality of the base game.

But what I especially dislike and find pretty disingenuous, is when people use modded AC to attack the F1 series as if that is a direct comparison. Of COURSE AC will have more complex and realistic handling and physics - it's a hardcore racing sim, like @Hichel18 says. But there's also a lot of problems and flaws and missing features and shortcomings with AC even compared to Codemasters' F1 series. But if you dare to suggest that, a lot of people get especially offended by that.

I just wish people could recognise the qualities and flaws of both games, rather than pretend that one good but flawed racing sim is vastly superior to a very good but flawed F1 game.

Edited by Blent
  • Agree 6

Damn we're all here laying down points and arguments on the table and there comes @Blent shotgunning them hard and to the target.

I could not agree more, Blent. This is not a dig at @Neomo at all, as he's already clarified his intentions and they're all good. It's just the video that is... Heh, a turd. 

1 hour ago, Blent said:

Assetto Corsa is the most I've ever regretted spending money on a racing sim, sadly.

It has its qualities - absolutely. But there's so much basic stuff it lacks compared to other sims that I take for granted.

I think Kunos Simulazioni do a great job with limited tools, but when people hold it up like it's the gold standard but with the caveat that you need to install a bunch of mods to get it to where it's really good... that doesn't really say much for the quality of the base game.

But what I especially dislike and find pretty disingenuous, is when people use modded AC to attack the F1 series as if that is a direct comparison. Of COURSE AC will have more complex and realistic handling and physics - it's a hardcore racing sim, like @Hichel18 says. But there's also a lot of problems and flaws and missing features and shortcomings with AC even compared to Codemasters' F1 series. But if you dare to suggest that, a lot of people get especially offended by that.

I just wish people could recognise the qualities and flaws of both games, rather than pretend that one good but flawed racing sim is vastly superior to a very good but flawed F1 game.

Exactly, AC is a fantastic modding platform, but without mod it really is just a driving simulator and not really a game to be honest. It aimed at a completely different market from the F1 games. 

Edited by DRTApophis
3 hours ago, Blent said:

Pretty much this, I enjoy so much both games. To be able to drive an 67 f1 car is exciting and fun while f1 series I enjoy the experiences of driving a modern car.

If I had to pick one of those games to never play again, I would discard AC, as while I do enjoy driving there, It doesn't make me want to play hundreds of hours like the f1 series do, but it doesn't mean it's a bad game, it's just that it doesn't appeal to me much besides enjoying some mods and tracks once in a while. that works too for ACC, which is a great GT sim to play endurance races, but I always come back to the F1, mainly because of the World Championship.

When I say this many people wants to throw rocks and spears telling that I do not enjoy a full hardcore sim...and while I disagree I usually just end the discussion.

I think we have space in the racing community for both games, and plenty of others as motorsports are too vast and really we can't cover enough about it yet. None of them are perfect, can become better and it will...one way or another

• Agree 1