Sign in to follow this  

GRID Autosport Bugs Thread

I haven't seen one yet, so maybe @Loore can create one and sticky it, then consolidate all reported bugs in the first post or something.

I have encountered 2 bugs so far on PS3, neither game-breaking.

1. For the second race of an event where the grid is supposed to be in reversed order, I've had it happen where I don't start in the proper position and it just puts me on pole. I have seen another person report this happening on this forum as well, so I'm not the only one. I quit and resumed the season and it went back to how it was supposed to be.

[EDIT] Just saw that this one is going to be fixed with the first patch.

2. When racing open-wheel, after the race when it shows a close-up of my car, the driver goes missing and the car is just driving itself. This is not a random glitch, it happens every single time that I've played.

Awong124 said:

2. When racing open-wheel, after the race when it shows a close-up of my car, the driver goes missing and the car is just driving itself. This is not a random glitch, it happens every single time that I've played.
I see this one on PC as well.

-[ No Debris Collision Detection ]-

There seems to be no collision detection with vehicle debris sitting on the track.  I came upon a detached red bumper cap at Hockenheim.  I had no way to avoid it, so I got ready for impact and possible damage to my tires.  Ended up driving right through it like it wasn't even there.  Lap after lap, it just sat there with myself and AI cars driving right through it like it was a hologram.  I seriously hope this is a minor bug and not something that was left out intentionally.

Loore, can you ask the programmers to look into adding collision detection to these objects and make it detrimental to your suspension and tires?

The game does not recognize the thrustmaster t500rs steering wheel when the ferrari f1 wheel is attached, instead of the standard GT Wheel.  This is because it changes its name from "Thrustmaster T500 RS Racing Wheel" to "Ferrari F1 wheel Integral T500".  Not a big bug, but it would be nice to play with the F1 rim, especially for the open cockpit races.  Thanks.

on two occasions, i have been in an online server, touring class c and after the race has finished, the results screen becomes a permanent feature with no way out, apart from 'quit'

On both occasions, static ai cars were seen on the starting grid...like afk'ers.

PS3, downshifting while heavy on thé brakes has almost no sound. Downshift noise and and revs are barely hearable. Happens mostly after the longer straights. Within group C tourers.

As a response to the earlier post regarding track debris, I'm fairly sure that was a one time bug as I have experienced track debris getting caught on my car and slowing me down. On to the bug I experienced.

Several times when racing online in open wheel cars, Formula B I believe, I couldn't hear the engine at all. I could only hear the shifter.

The only glitch I've encountered so far, was when I accidently changed my clutch mapping from my pedal to 'A' and when I remapped it back, the clutch wouldn't register. Had to restart the game, as restarting the wheel or remapping again didn't work.

As for Track debris, I hit some yesterday and wound up nose first in the wall in the following corner.

Only glitch so far that I think I've found, apart from constantly going from full screen to not full screen for no apparent reason, is the sounds of the Holden VE Ute (and probably Ford Ute too). Once you get to about 500'ish RPMs from the limiter, it sounds like the pistons are knocking all over the place. Almost like the sound engine is applying the limiter sounds at the wrong RPM.

edit; ignoring that the Utes sound like German V8s too... :P

Oh I forgot, here is another glitch I encountered. I know he would have qualified first anyway, but have a look at Arron Westley's qualifying time.

Average speeds are not calculating correctly for players online. I haven't seen a single one over 20 mph.

I don't know if this is considered a bug but the Indianapolis oval was not scanned/made properly. There are no angled tire barriers along the corners in real life and the SAFER barrier is missing in the turns.

ukfan758 said:
I don't know if this is considered a bug but the Indianapolis oval was not scanned/made properly. There are no angled tire barriers along the corners in real life and the SAFER barrier is missing in the turns.
To be honest, taking nothing away from the game, but a lot of the tracks are very very inaccurate.

Small stutters every once in a while. FPS is great. Nvidia user. I remember something about compatibility mode in grid 2 fixing this? 

On the Xbox 360 version the picture and audio freezes for a couple of seconds during races. It doesn't cause an accident when things go back to normal, but it makes we wonder whether the game was even tested on the 360. It's a shame because it's a very good game.

On the Xbox 360 version the picture and audio freezes for a couple of seconds during races. It doesn't cause an accident when things go back to normal, but it makes we wonder whether the game was even tested on the 360. It's a shame because it's a very good game.
Happened to me once so far online on PC, the race continued the while It was frozen so I was delayed by a second.
Happened a lot on G 2.

PC version. Sometimes my hud will not appear until after the race starts. It happens on all online endurance races. Livery selection is too slow online as well.

ukfan758 said:
The tire walls are there for gameplay purposes to keep people from trying to cut the turns. They otherwise have no effect on how you race there. Saying it wasn't scanned properly just because of those tire barriers is silly.

16% damage after a race without hitting anything at all? That can't be right surely?
Also once again I'm having to unlock the same upgrades every single race on my Dalara (?) F312
One last one...did a drift event and set my drift car up for drift, next race was open wheel and it kept the settings from the drift event even though it was a totally different car - noticed when I topped out at about 40mph less than everyone else ^^

360 version seems to have a bug where the volume of the engine sound drops for a couple of seconds after running over a kerb.Happens every time I think.

1) In the first Formula B season on SPA i am in first for the entire race, but when i pass the finish line it tells me that i have come in 16th, and even the announcer guy tells me that i have won the race, i have tried the race 3 times but to no avail. 
2) My Cruze does not always have the tuning upgrades as in, i buy all the upgrades for the car, but i go back say 30 mins later and i have to rebuy those upgrades, also the cars also lose condition ridiculously fast as they level up, my cruze loses 14% every race, if this is as intended then what will happen when you have hypercars or cars over 2 mil, the damage expenses will leave the player bankrupt, 
3) also will there be level bonus for earning money after races? Because 10,000 or less every race isn't very much, the only way to earn lots of money is to come at the top of the leaderboards for the global challenge.

This on PS3

xbox 360- sky glitch on the americas track, has streaks occasionally in the sky, like a dark spotlight (DURING THE DAY) racent- racenet challenge performance street class, leaderboards would not load, gave error screen, nor would ghost cars (no clue if its been fixed, corrupt gamesave shortly after i notice the issue)

Encountered a Game Breaking Glitch. ONLINE "XBOX360"
I Just bought a car in the Online in Garage Slot Lvl:90.
Now everytime i drive that car my 360 Freezes Right after crossing the finish line.
Also i'm Un-able to Sell this car now it says G0 and if i try to sell anyway, I get this error:
"An internal error has occurred while attempting to purchase this vehicle."

EDIT: Now i bought a car in Slot Lvl:100 and it has the same issue.
Really game breaking for me.

EDIT2: The Cars i bought where, 
LVL90 Slot - Formula B Class - Lola.   (Open Wheels)
LVL100 Slot - McLaren F1 Class - McLaren F1 (Street)