Jump to content Jump to content

Radio stops working after engineer report that car has a problem

• After Engineer reports that car has a problem radio button disappears so I can't use radio anymore and I get no radio calls from engineer either, gameplay (race) continues like nothing is going on and once I finish the race and I have no control over the car radio comes back and engineer says "race over take care of the car on the way in". It happened to me in multiple races already in career mode with different car failures, it's definitely a glitch. In the video below you can see it happening.
  • PC
  • Career Mode
  • ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.  PRIME Z390-P DxDiag.txt
  • Play career mode and wait for a car problem to be reported
Posted (edited)

Since nobody is commenting on this post, would it be a glitch that only happens to me? 🤷‍♂️ 

Tbh it's frustrating that I have to go through it every 2 races. It does make a lot of difference having the radio working. smh 

Edited by onxnaap
  • Administrator
On 8/9/2021 at 3:23 PM, onxnaap said:

Since nobody is commenting on this post, would it be a glitch that only happens to me? 🤷‍♂️ 

Tbh it's frustrating that I have to go through it every 2 races. It does make a lot of difference having the radio working. smh 

Hi @onxnaap,

Strange that you are getting this. I haven't seen it reported elsewhere. What are your audio settings in game?. Can you please post a screenshot

Yeah it's like we should be out of the race because a part is broken or something but nothing happens. You can carry on racing but can't use radio anymore. At times after this bug happened, I've also received resource points after the race, because I apparently DNF'd because of a mechanical failure even tho I didn't.

• Agree 2

Would like to highlight this issue as it is quite annoying and prevents player DNFs @BarryBL

A detailed description of the issue.

Everytime I get a technical issue, radio gets stuck and subtitles stay on screen. In case it is a small issue or temporary one, I get the issue normally and then it gets fixed after some time. In case it is supposed to be terminal, I only get message from Jeff that he is sorry, but it is terminal. Then radio doesn't work anymore, subtitles stay on screen and I can continue normally without DNF.

Platform

PS5

Game-mode

MyTeam

What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.

In case it should have been DNF, have tried using flashback - no difference

Last race I did not use any flashbacks as thought it might have something to do with this issue - no difference

How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible

This has happened in MyTeam several times. Radio getting stuck and subtitles staying on screen happens everytime Jeff reports some sort of an issue with my car. In case of a small issue, it takes place normally even that radio doesn't work and subtitles are permanently on screen. In case of a terminal issue (happened twice so far), I can continue driving normally, why I have never got DNF.

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, GizT7 said:

Would like to highlight this issue as it is quite annoying and prevents player DNFs @BarryBL

A detailed description of the issue.

Everytime I get a technical issue, radio gets stuck and subtitles stay on screen. In case it is a small issue or temporary one, I get the issue normally and then it gets fixed after some time. In case it is supposed to be terminal, I only get message from Jeff that he is sorry, but it is terminal. Then radio doesn't work anymore, subtitles stay on screen and I can continue normally without DNF.

Platform

PS5

Game-mode

MyTeam

What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.

In case it should have been DNF, have tried using flashback - no difference

Last race I did not use any flashbacks as thought it might have something to do with this issue - no difference

How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible

This has happened in MyTeam several times. Radio getting stuck and subtitles staying on screen happens everytime Jeff reports some sort of an issue with my car. In case of a small issue, it takes place normally even that radio doesn't work and subtitles are permanently on screen. In case of a terminal issue (happened twice so far), I can continue driving normally, why I have never got DNF.

It's exactly that for me too. Small issues work fine, but when it should be terminal it just breaks and I can continue as if nothing happened.

5 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Question, does it come back when the problem is fixed.

I just experienced a ERS failure and couldn't get radio comms. However, once it fixed itself, it came back. Did this happen for you @SoareSamuel

No, not for me. Only way that's worked for me to fix it is using a flashback at any point of the race. Otherwise it stays for the whole race like in online races as I don't have flashbacks.

2 minutes ago, SoareSamuel said:

No, not for me. Only way that's worked for me to fix it is using a flashback at any point of the race. Otherwise it stays for the whole race like in online races as I don't have flashbacks.

And also this time the issue actually happened, because it was ERS. But most of the times, an engine issue gets reported, but nothing happens, I just lose radio comms.

Posted (edited)

@BarryBL it just happened to me again. After engine problem announcement radio is gone for the rest of the race, btw I noticed I never got to retire my car due to a problem in F1 2021. I believe it was supposed to be the case when this radio problem happens. So maybe the best way to reproduce this glitch is forcing a problem the would retire you form the race to happen & perhaps you will see it happening to you as well.

Edited by onxnaap
  • Agree 1
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Question, does it come back when the problem is fixed.

I just experienced a ERS failure and couldn't get radio comms. However, once it fixed itself, it came back. Did this happen for you @SoareSamuel

@BarryBL for failures that are fixable it seems to work fine, after failure is fixed radio continues working. So the problem seems to happen when players get unfixable failures that are supposed to retire the car.  

Edited by onxnaap
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, onxnaap said:

@BarryBL for failures that are fixable it seems to work fine, after failure is fixed radio continues working. So the problem seems to happen when players get unfixable failures that are supposed to retire the car.  

Will pass onto devs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)

@BarryBL  as I mentioned before I never get to retire my car in my team mode, you can see that my engine is blown for almost half of the race. And this problem may be related to the radio problem, when one happens the other one happens as well. So basically I drove most of the race with a blown engine and no radio.

By the way I couldn't see the smoke until I got to replay mode after the race, during the race I saw the radio problem happening but I continued. 

Edited by onxnaap
  • Agree 1

This situation has happened 2 me 10-15 times. I’ve gotten this much more than an actual DNF. If I go 2 flash back, the radio communication comes back. If I don’t, sometimes the radio is gone for multiple races. I have 2 finish & reset the game 2 get it back 2 normal. I’m on ps5 as well. 

• Agree 1
8 hours ago, BeatdownRacing said:

At 11:43 into this video you can see the radio issue occur for me: 

@BarryBL see exact same thing happened to me, stayed for the whole race even though it was an ers failure, I also have more examples from my part, should I still post them here or is it not necessary?

• Like 2