Jump to content Jump to content

Increased safety car does nothing?

So, after having some time playing F1 2021, with the increased safety car option, and racing with level 78 AI, I rarely get any mistakes from the AI. I've watched a YouTuber doing a let's play on his F1 2021 My team career mode, and literally in every race, he gets an AI spinning out, or crashing another car, or just simply retiring, while I don't. Could the AI level affect this?

2 races ago in canada i had 3 safety cars in one race

Norris crashed at wall of Champions

Vettel spun out corner 3 and crashed

Verstappen had engine blow up and hamilton crashed into him

AI 90

50% race

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, bigchickenboi10 said:

So, after having some time playing F1 2021, with the increased safety car option, and racing with level 78 AI, I rarely get any mistakes from the AI. I've watched a YouTuber doing a let's play on his F1 2021 My team career mode, and literally in every race, he gets an AI spinning out, or crashing another car, or just simply retiring, while I don't. Could the AI level affect this?

I have my AI level set between 95-97 with SC on increased and I have the exact same experience.

I have had two SCs in my first eight races in MyTeam and the second one was in COTA where I was hit by the DSQ bug there.

1275584583_F12021_20210731213943.thumb.png.5995da39e73141e7d0e1d74b399f6e61.png

• Agree 1

Same thing here. I've now played 3 seasons of My Team, and 1 season of normal driver career, and I haven't witnessed a single safety car. 

I tried to fix this by starting a new creer, but even that doesn't work. Really frustrating...

Difficulty is set to 94, simulation damage, and race distance 25-50% depending on the save. 

• Agree 1

You have to have the accidents that warrant the safety car coming out in first place though. Also shorter race distance reduces the chances of a accident happening, in my first my team save ( 100% race distance) I had 6 safety cars during first 15 races, also at least 4 times where safety car should have come out but didn’t even have yellow flags lol( pit straight in Spain bottas and Norris collided and both went out and both cars just magically disappeared in front of me so no yellow flags where as in real life safety car would come out and would take field through pit lane) so got to admit there is a problem with safety car.

This problem was in 2020 edition so don’t hold your breath for it to be sorted though(sadly).

• Agree 1
4 minutes ago, Silverchris said:

You have to have the accidents that warrant the safety car coming out in first place though. Also shorter race distance reduces the chances of a accident happening, in my first my team save ( 100% race distance) I had 6 safety cars during first 15 races, also at least 4 times where safety car should have come out but didn’t even have yellow flags lol( pit straight in Spain bottas and Norris collided and both went out and both cars just magically disappeared in front of me so no yellow flags where as in real life safety car would come out and would take field through pit lane) so got to admit there is a problem with safety car.

This problem was in 2020 edition so don’t hold your breath for it to be sorted though(sadly).

Excactly! I had this problem in my MyTeam last year, and when I started a normal career, the safety car came out once a race.

So frustrating

• Agree 1

The first and only time I turned this feature up, Jeff started MAKING UP ACCIDENTS to cause the car to come out. I kid you not, I was driving along and he said the safety car's out due to debris on the track. I checked the replay and absolutely nothing had happened. 🙃

I've had safety cars on normal, though. I've also had a more general incidents i.e. spins, accidents and more damage to the AI than ever before, which I'm really happy with (new body damage just needs tweaking). For me, damage mods (and tyre mods thanks to the new tyre model) on the PC have become redundant now. 👍

Edited by s00zster
2 hours ago, s00zster said:

The first and only time I turned this feature up, Jeff started MAKING UP ACCIDENTS to cause the car to come out. I kid you not, I was driving along and he said the safety car's out due to debris on the track. I checked the replay and absolutely nothing had happened. 🙃

I've had safety cars on normal, though. I've also had a more general incidents i.e. spins, accidents and more damage to the AI than ever before, which I'm really happy with (new body damage just needs tweaking). For me, damage mods (and tyre mods thanks to the new tyre model) on the PC have become redundant now. 👍

Have had that happen once and the amount of times I been told debris on track but won’t be safety car as marshals cleared it yet no yellow flags at all even though in real life it be a double yellow flag situation.

• Agree 1
10 hours ago, svensenk86 said:

2 races ago in canada i had 3 safety cars in one race

Norris crashed at wall of Champions

Vettel spun out corner 3 and crashed

Verstappen had engine blow up and hamilton crashed into him

AI 90

50% race

What platform are you playing? PC, Xbox?

24 minutes ago, Ahojkluci said:

Same issue, I had it also in previous games, still not fixed, no one seems interested in this. Very frustrating.

It's all by chance, if the AI stayed off the wall or not crash into each other then of course there won't really be any safety car just like in real life. In my case I've had at least one safety car almost every race, it happens more often on city tracks, and longer race. 

16 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

It's all by chance, if the AI stayed off the wall or not crash into each other then of course there won't really be any safety car just like in real life. In my case I've had at least one safety car almost every race, it happens more often on city tracks, and longer race. 

But why would some of us be having this same issue year after year?

For me, it's three consecutive years now. There must be something in the coding, but it's impossible to fathom why.

Why am I not getting AI mistakes and so few retirements compared to so many other players?

I am a pretty smart guy - I'd know if there was an obvious explanation for it.

But for three years now?

I'd just love someone to explain to me what possible reason there could be for it.

20 minutes ago, Blent said:

But why would some of us be having this same issue year after year?

For me, it's three consecutive years now. There must be something in the coding, but it's impossible to fathom why.

Why am I not getting AI mistakes and so few retirements compared to so many other players?

I am a pretty smart guy - I'd know if there was an obvious explanation for it.

But for three years now?

I'd just love someone to explain to me what possible reason there could be for it.

May be the AI difficulty?

I'm not sure if the higher average speed made them more prone to having accidents, not the scripted ones, like actually went too fast and kisses the wall of champion or I'm stupid corner in Baku for example. I mean, sometimes they even lost control when overtaking someone and even caused huge pile-up in my game, usually these incidents will caused a full course SC unless I keep using rewind to intentionally try to cancel it (sometimes it worked). 

At some point I even got annoyed of having too many safety car in last year's game.  

Edited by DRTApophis
6 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

May be the AI difficulty?

I'm not sure if the higher average speed made them more prone to having accidents, not the scripted ones, like actually went too fast and kisses the wall of champion or I'm stupid corner in Baku for example. I mean, sometimes they even lost control when overtaking someone and even caused huge pile-up in my game, usually these incidents will caused a full course SC unless I keep using rewind to intentionally try to cancel it (sometimes it worked). 

At some point I even got annoyed of having too many safety car in last year's game.  

What AI setting do you use?

4 minutes ago, Blent said:

What AI setting do you use?

Last year was around 105-110 (First season), 102-110 (2nd season onward).

For this year I'm currently at 95-104, slowly trying to increase the difficulty setting. But have already seen numerous times where AI losing control on the straight overtaking someone, crashing into cars causing chaos in turn one, or SC caused by just minor incident like an engine failures. 

Edited by DRTApophis
1 hour ago, DRTApophis said:

Last year was around 105-110 (First season), 102-110 (2nd season onward).

For this year I'm currently at 95-104, slowly trying to increase the difficulty setting. But have already seen numerous times where AI losing control on the straight overtaking someone, crashing into cars causing chaos in turn one, or SC caused by just minor incident like an engine failures. 

What system do you play on? I'm on console, with 78 difficulty, and have almost to no incidents by the AI, with increased safety car.

1 hour ago, bigchickenboi10 said:

What system do you play on? I'm on console, with 78 difficulty, and have almost to no incidents by the AI, with increased safety car.

I'm on PC, so I'm not sure if there's any actual difference on consoles. 

11 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

I'm on PC, so I'm not sure if there's any actual difference on consoles. 

Hold on, could that be a reason? Because, at the start of the post, I've mentioned about watching a YouTuber doing a career mode let's play, and he is on PC, with 110 AI, and increased safety car. So maybe the safety car setting is affected by AI level, or system maybe?

47 minutes ago, bigchickenboi10 said:

Hold on, could that be a reason? Because, at the start of the post, I've mentioned about watching a YouTuber doing a career mode let's play, and he is on PC, with 110 AI, and increased safety car. So maybe the safety car setting is affected by AI level, or system maybe?

May be, I personally think the difficulty setting plays a larger part on them making mistakes. You'll be surprised by how bad they are at handling hairy situations, and the faster the pace, the more likely things are gonna happen in a sudden manner with very little room for both you & AI to correct and avoid, which likely contributed to causing more SC. 

Though, of course, nothing is guaranteed, SC happening is still all by chance.

• Agree 1
9 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

May be, I personally think the difficulty setting plays a larger part on them making mistakes. You'll be surprised by how bad they are at handling hairy situations, and the faster the pace, the more likely things are gonna happen in a sudden manner with very little room for both you & AI to correct and avoid, which likely contributed to causing more SC. 

Yea that's true, thanks!

5 hours ago, DRTApophis said:

That doesn't really square with my experience, as I was running 100AI on F1 2019 and 2020 and having the exact same issues as I am in 2021, even though I'm only in 95-97 AI.

That's not enough of a difference to dramatically change the AI speed and, even so, would mean that the vast majority of players would be having few AI incidents and SCs, which just isn't the case.

Edited by Blent