Jump to content Jump to content

1 hour ago, greg172 said:

Can this please be fixed in the next patch!!! I used to look forward to rain but AI are 1-2 seconds a lap quicker than me in the rain compared to dry conditions!

Strange because I'm in the exact same position as you. I've seen other say that AI are too slow in the wet though. Maybe we just ain't good at racing in the wet lol. Or maybe it's to do with what platform, I'm on ps5 & use a controller not a wheel

its not about their speed or race pace, it s about surface mechanics and parameters.

At least on console version:

AI has no understeer problem, no traction loss, nothing. If you are in spectator modus and go to the cockpit view of ai you will see what i mean.

They go flat through corners with full speed, absolute a joke.

In slow corners in the 2nd gear with full throttle...no rear shake nothing. its like driving on rails, if i would drive like this i would not stop to spin even with TC on full...

Ai in wet conditions, absolutely trash programming.

• Like 1

I think setup makes a big difference.

I struggled in the wet in races, because I was using my main dry race setup.

I tried a FP1 while running the default 'max downforce' setup and started going seconds a lap quicker than I had been with my personal dry setup.

But the ai will occasionally lockup.  And ever so slightly go off line.. 

but compared to just about every racing game I’ve played the ai in f1 series off games is better by far..  has alittle bit off personality

my issue when it comes to ai is it’s either to conservative or to aggressive.

wish someone somewhere could find the sweetspot

Edited by ScaredDuck

@2Pacalypse I agree 100 per cent the wet ai are absolutely terrible programing and pretty shameful that in 2021 a triple a title has ai in wet that are incapable of overtaking each other . And as mentioned fact they completely on rails is just completely unrealistic. Real life wet races are usually crazy , unpredictable etc but in this game they are just pointless .The whole wet dynamic system needs overhauling anyway been untouched for years. Had a far superior system in 2012 so that says it all really ... Either lazy programing or ain't got the ability to actually do it to a decent standard....

I do remember previous titles esp the first couple the ai being much better at making mistakes.   Even remember an occasional mass pile on race starts.

so I really don’t understand why racing ai seems to get more bland year on year.

i have wondered if it’s a condition to obtaining official licenses.  That ai portraying real drivers must show them in best possible light 

Still some realism but clearly not enough. It ruins qualifying by a lot making the F1 2021 experience worse and inaccurate AI difficulty needs to be turned down quite a bit to be the same pace as yours but it is really annoying to turn the AI down and up. Worst of all you can't change the AI during the race. 

Edited by OwnMasterMad
6 minutes ago, OwnMasterMad said:

But if the AI still struggle on slicks in the rain in the video shown below:

(7) What If F1 Didn't Have Any Wet Weather Tyres - Then It Rained? - YouTube

So what is this video supposed to show us? A mod (slick tyres in full wets conditions) that has an effect on the game, that does not take place in the "real game".

Absolutely useless. 

• Like 1

From what I understand when programming ai is it’s actually straightforward to get ai to perform in a realistic fashion..

and the issue is infact game difficulty settings.. and after telling the ai to act in a realistic way you then say to it unless the human is playing on easy then you must not do this and must do that,  knocks every ai car loss the plot.  And you have chaos ai cars committing suicide etc.

so ai now is dumbed down and developers use more scripting and cheats to make it see more challenging to end users.

problem is scripting and cheats are poorly used and they very quickly become obvious.

Just have to play a few matches in fifa to see how glaringly obvious when scripting comes on 

Edited by ScaredDuck

My issue is I just can't see the point in doing any race were I know the ai I'm racing against simply are programed not to / can't overtake as is the case in this game in wet . What is the point to even do it then especially if you run fifty/ hundred per cent race . The dry ai is decent still few issues but decent the wet is just shockingly bad . But they will just ignore the issue similar to the op bottas situation. Told all last year it bugged didn't acknowledge it as a issue then released this game with exactly same issue.... 

• Agree 1

From what I have experienced this year from the ai.  Feels as though scripting and cheats are being used not so much with the ai.  But with track conditions.  And subtle things like fuel usage.

despite having made good r&d progress in all areas and having a good run off podium finishes it seems my not normally and issue fuel usage would start being a concern mid race.  And lift and coasting soon becomes so critical  that in order to have enough fuel Lap times are painfully slow.  But also noticed if your doing constantly well rain that was forecast for end off race comes just after your first stop. And that seems to happen until you are below your expected race finish.  

8 hours ago, mjhd91 said:

Strange because I'm in the exact same position as you. I've seen other say that AI are too slow in the wet though. Maybe we just ain't good at racing in the wet lol. Or maybe it's to do with what platform, I'm on ps5 & use a controller not a wheel

I’ve had every f1 game and usually play around 95ai and used to love the rain, I’ve had to lower the ai to 90 this year with the changes but as i say as soon as it rains im well over a second off the pace

Attached is an image of a race telemetry, Human in green AI in brown. Where we brake, turn and throttle (see green lines in the graph) - the AI does micro brakes and micro throttles every millisecond (see the up and down brown lines) and so they don't suffer the physics model we do when cornering. 

I don't know why they have set the AI handling this way - it would make sense for them to mirror human actions. We can't manipulate things this way - and it definitely has an impact on handling. 

Maybe it's always been like this - I don't know. Only found this telemetry program a month ago. 

IMG_0133.jpg