Jump to content Jump to content

Remove the cover option if the rule changes

This option destroys the whole idea of rule change.

Every Season the car gets better and faster and the rule change doesn't do anything, except steal the resource point. The whole career and R&D becomes linear. 

A rule change should have more impact on the performance, and also should prevent us from developing linear in one direction (better & faster).

F.e. a rule change for aerodynamics maybe 1 year its is only for minor small things, but in another random year, the complete aero is changing, so every part you build before will disappear and you have to develop it again from the scratch. Same for the other departments.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 5

I think this is a great idea as myteam after 2 seasons can become boring.

i guess you could engineer it yourself by not protecting the parts under threat. Knowing you will be droping down the grid at the start of the new season.

great way to freshen things up

There could be some seasons that its under a new concord or something that the departments resets every upgrades as new cAr dev are underway.

With that in mind we could have part of the Money go into the next season car and you could fund car packages that have better base stats but expensive upgrades (like the top tier cars) or middle of the ground or low end specs.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, OwnMasterMad said:

Possibly make them more expensive like 75% or even 150% than the original amount.

Na this would not change anything, it would only slow down the process, but the process would be still the same... (linear career)

And thats not fun at all...

Dynamic career is the key word.

Edited by 2Pacalypse
2 hours ago, 2Pacalypse said:

Na this would not change anything, it would only slow down the process, but the process would be still the same... (linear career)

And thats not fun at all...

Dynamic career is the key word.

What I did last year was using CT to lower resource gain of both myself and AI teams by 75% when rule changes were announced. Then with limited resources, I only adapt upgrades that are either at the end of the tree or in the middle and never the early upgrades, which mixed up the upgrade routes and made things a bit more interesting. I also sometimes only upgrade one side of the tree to purposely make the car imbalance in certain ways, to imitate real life where teams not getting the right aero philosophy and struggle at the beginning of the season.

Though, with this year's unbelievably obscure upgrade menu it certainly made finding out the paths unnecessarily hard, which made this method a lots less enjoyable to play around. 

Edited by DRTApophis