Jump to content Jump to content

ALL PLATFORMS - AI speed on 'cooldown' lap causing problems

Definitely still an issue! Decided to watch from the garage just in case...

Video is from Monza - clear AI cooldown issues still

Screenshot is of race director following quali at Imola - unfortunately game clip didn't save but those drivers involved in track wide shenanigans before turn 1 after completing flying laps

62cafc6f-973d-420a-9ca5-6306184d63ca.thumb.png.caf2bb275b8ab70139b90999b22fec36.png

I believe it's at least partially to do with the speed the AI drives at and interpretation of the rules. When driving below about 110/115 mph the mini sector goes yellow and if the AI are of the understanding that they cannot overtake under yellow flag conditions, surely this is what would happen? 

(Please see previous comment for video) 

Edited by Rango

+1, observing the same behaviour of AI not moving out of way. This is causing hotlaps to be wasted.

• Same as above, the AI no longer get out of the way in practice or qualifying when they are on in/out laps when you are on a fast lap..
  • Report Code - N/A
  • Xbox Series X
  • Driver career
  • What troubleshooting have you tried?
    None, it is AI behaviour problem
  • How do you make the problem happen?
    In practice or qualifying at any circuit (happened on Silverstone), go on hotlap using a practice programme, AI coming out of pit will not move away from the racing line when you catch them.

@BarryBL  Ok so this issue isn't combining well with whatever update was apparently done in 1.12 for the cars matching player speed, as they still slow down to almost stationary, until the player nears them and then they speed up - which is even more ridiculous because at least before you get past them if there was a gap but now they'll wait for you to get near and then fly off again, getting even more in the way while on a flying lap. This game is such a mess.

12 minutes ago, Rango said:

@BarryBL  Ok so this issue isn't combining well with whatever update was apparently done in 1.12 for the cars matching player speed, as they still slow down to almost stationary, until the player nears them and then they speed up - which is even more ridiculous because at least before you get past them if there was a gap but now they'll wait for you to get near and then fly off again, getting even more in the way while on a flying lap. This game is such a mess.

Sounds like a "rubberbanding" issue.

I must admit, when I have the AI at a suitable pace on a per track basis, they punt me off during races and block or crowd on qualifying laps. Highly frustrating with the latter as they're simulated times the AI post anyway.....

• Thanks 1

⬆️ Exactly this! Unnecessarily being driven into on a straight, quali blockades, the game's an absolute farce. We've attempted to play this every Sunday (at least) since launch with about 2-3 races each time, not once had a race without any of these issues. It just keeps getting worse.

Apparently lapped card also now do the same behaviour ... Patch notes said improvement to ai yeilding behaviour ... I would seriously question the improvement part just revert it back to pre patch as it way worse currently ....

• Agree 1

I wonder if this is what's causing AI to drive more aggressively, to the point recently I've noticed that they don't react to my presence, I've had them turn in to me a few times recently as if I'm not there

• Administrator

Hi,

Thanks for reporting your issue. However, we do need a complete bug report to gain all the details needed to replicate and troubleshoot your issue. Please copy and paste the template from the below and fill in the answers.

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/79610-bug-reporting-template-all-modes/

Providing this information is vital for Codemasters to be able to investigate, replicate and hopefully solve your issue. Without this, we don't have the necessary information to replicate and diagnose the issue.

Many thanks
Barry

It not difficult to replicate this issue I mean how did this even get through testing is beyond me . Literary just do any practice or qualifying and you will see the issue straight away . Really should not need community making you aware of a issue that this new patch has managed to break . 

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Naxlr said:

It not difficult to replicate this issue I mean how did this even get through testing is beyond me . Literary just do any practice or qualifying and you will see the issue straight away . Really should not need community making you aware of a issue that this new patch has managed to break . 

Personally been unable to replicate myself, so need more proof and detail to pass onto the team.

You most be playing a different version as there is no way you can do a qualifying or practice session and not notice the ai no longer move over . Since the patch that stated they improved yeilding behaviour they just don't move over as pre patch . 

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Naxlr said:

You most be playing a different version as there is no way you can do a qualifying or practice session and not notice the ai no longer move over . Since the patch that stated they improved yeilding behaviour they just don't move over as pre patch . 

Can you provide a video of this happening @Naxlr. Is this in certain modes? The builds I've tested (1.12) and tried to replicate in so far have been unsuccessful. 

I did one run in gp mode 101 ai, full qualifying at Austria and qualifying the ai on a out lap just don't move aside . Thought maybe I wasn't close enough so did another session at imola and qualifying alpha on a outlap just drove like I wasn't there . Were as previously they would pull of the line and slow down . And apparently the behaviour carries over to lapped card to although haven't tested this yet . Away from home at minute but I described the situation were I experienced this problem . 

4 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Can you provide a video of this happening @Naxlr. Is this in certain modes? The builds I've tested (1.12) and tried to replicate in so far have been unsuccessful. 

@BarryBLother people experienced this problem too...there is another topic with people reporting the same problem..the AI Dont move anymore when we are in fast laps and they are in slow laps in practise and qualify,since the last update this happens ,before it was ok...

Edited by S.F.27forever
  • Agree 1

Literally took me 2 minutes to replicate this on 2 different tracks. Keep getting error code 200 when trying to upload it . Any reason for this or altrernive way for me to upload it ? ..

Edited by Naxlr
  • Administrator
59 minutes ago, Naxlr said:

Literally took me 2 minutes to replicate this on 2 different tracks. Keep getting error code 200 when trying to upload it . Any reason for this or altrernive way for me to upload it ? ..

Wetransfer or send to community@codemasters.com @Naxlr

• BarryBL changed the title to ALL PLATFORMS - AI speed on 'cooldown' lap causing problems
2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

HI everyone,

Short update here. I've spent the morning attempting replication here, and after some 'creative' attempts, I've replicated here. Have passed onto developers and logged a bug for this.

ok ,thank you,hope an update will come soon

2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

HI everyone,

Short update here. I've spent the morning attempting replication here, and after some 'creative' attempts, I've replicated here. Have passed onto developers and logged a bug for this.

Great, I've experienced it too but didn't save the video at the time, glad to read it's now replicated and 'with developers', thanks

Once we are in the speech and a fix will be necessary about, I think also 'before' the behaviour wasn't perfect.

If possible the AI should react earlier, meaning when it's not in an hotlap, it should start to 'think' to what is happening behind, also 4-5 seconds behind and it should slow down (a lot) in the straights while keeping to run quite fast in the corners especially if another car is already close, or running wide or whatever. The problem in the past (before 1.12 or F1 2020 etc.) was mainly entering a corner, if the AI hadn't already moved away in the straight, it continued its way in the race line in the corner until the next straight ruining the lap of those who arrive faster, because they go slowly.

In the real F1 this would result in a penalty (therefore the drivers are careful not to fall into error), so it would be really great if it could be fixed once and for all!

Thanks and bye,
Nuv

• Agree 1

Hi there again,
BTW AI speed is causing problems also in 'outlap'

Here is how Norris (who was in P4 at the moment, so not a slow one but faster than me -P7- or at least close to me overall) wasted my final Q lap after getting out of the box: he didn't step aside in the whole sector 1 and was too slow approaching turn 8 😢

Regards,
Nuv