Jump to content Jump to content

ALL PLATFORMS - AI speed on 'cooldown' lap causing problems

On 10/28/2021 at 2:46 PM, Nuvolarix said:

Hi there again,
BTW AI speed is causing problems also in 'outlap'

Here is how Norris (who was in P4 at the moment, so not a slow one but faster than me -P7- or at least close to me overall) wasted my final Q lap after getting out of the box: he didn't step aside in the whole sector 1 and was too slow approaching turn 8 😢

Regards,
Nuv

AI are just broken. They don't behave like an actual driver should. Out lap, slow lap, in lap, doesn't matter. Given up and gone back to 2020 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2021 at 3:46 PM, Nuvolarix said:

Hi there again,
BTW AI speed is causing problems also in 'outlap'

Here is how Norris (who was in P4 at the moment, so not a slow one but faster than me -P7- or at least close to me overall) wasted my final Q lap after getting out of the box: he didn't step aside in the whole sector 1 and was too slow approaching turn 8 😢

Regards,
Nuv

with the new update still the same they did adjust nothing @BarryBL why didnt they adjust this bug???i thought with the new update it would be better ...we cant play like this

Any update on this @BarryBL? Just seems like we're all being ignored, probably because devs don't know how to fix it so are just hoping we'll go away. Still getting core gameplay issues 4-5 months in and there's zero communication or apology from CM. How is this acceptable?? While it might look better, this game plays as badly as GTA trilogy. At least they came out and admitted it. Lost faith in this series completely now

• Agree 1

Hey guys, what game mode are you experiencing these AI problems in quali? Also are you on PC, xbox, playstation? Does this problem occur only while playing with friends? Or can you jump into a random GP race, start short quali, and simulate this AI behavior?

In my MyTeam career mode, I use short quali mode as well. I have to say, I have not gotten this problem in Qualifying. In my experience, the AI drive at a reasonable speed during their out lap, and in-lap. As they will move over if I am on a hot lap. 

However, during my practice sessions in Career mode, I HAVE experienced the AI driving at full race pace for the ENTIRE practice session. I have personally seen the AI leave the pit box and immediately start a hot lap. Straight from the pits. There is no such thing as a slow lap for the AI in Career Mode practice sessions, I'd have to say from 1.12 patch onwards. I totally adapt my gameplay in practice sessions, by making sure I build a gap completely for every practice run.

• Haha 1

My experience is online, Xbox, 18 min quali. Without fail the AI will do their lap and then practically stop and just crawl along (as per numerous videos), more often than not in groups of 2-4, causing complete track blockage not only ruining your hot lap but also causing illegal blocking penalties for AI or collision penalties for both AI & human drivers. I haven't tried career, can't bring myself to waste time starting one just to be disappointed. I only play online for league racing anyway. 

• Agree 1
18 hours ago, Scriptures said:

Hey guys, what game mode are you experiencing these AI problems in quali? Also are you on PC, xbox, playstation? Does this problem occur only while playing with friends? Or can you jump into a random GP race, start short quali, and simulate this AI behavior?

In my MyTeam career mode, I use short quali mode as well. I have to say, I have not gotten this problem in Qualifying. In my experience, the AI drive at a reasonable speed during their out lap, and in-lap. As they will move over if I am on a hot lap. 

However, during my practice sessions in Career mode, I HAVE experienced the AI driving at full race pace for the ENTIRE practice session. I have personally seen the AI leave the pit box and immediately start a hot lap. Straight from the pits. There is no such thing as a slow lap for the AI in Career Mode practice sessions, I'd have to say from 1.12 patch onwards. I totally adapt my gameplay in practice sessions, by making sure I build a gap completely for every practice run.

are you jokink??LOL...CARS DONT GO OUT OF THE BOX AND START A FAST LAP stop lying...you see when they have the red light flashing in the back..when its not flash they are on fast lap..DO YOU WATCH REAL F1????????? i dont think so...the problem is when im doing a fast lap and i have a car in front thats going back in the box THEY DONT MOVE,like they did before 1.12 update....;ITS A GODDAMN BUGGGGG and it has to be fixed..we CANT PLAY LIKE THAT...I CANT MAKE MY FAST LAP IN QUALI OR PRACTISE......DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW..........

7 hours ago, S.F.27forever said:

are you jokink??LOL...CARS DONT GO OUT OF THE BOX AND START A FAST LAP stop lying...you see when they have the red light flashing in the back..when its not flash they are on fast lap..DO YOU WATCH REAL F1????????? i dont think so...the problem is when im doing a fast lap and i have a car in front thats going back in the box THEY DONT MOVE,like they did before 1.12 update....;ITS A GODDAMN BUGGGGG and it has to be fixed..we CANT PLAY LIKE THAT...I CANT MAKE MY FAST LAP IN QUALI OR PRACTISE......DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW..........

@S.F.27forever I dont think you understood my post? While playing my MyTeam career mode, which is a mode inside the F1 2021 game, not real life. In my career mode during practice sessions, I have personally seen the AI start fast laps directly coming out of the pit lane. They will exit the pit, and immediately start driving at full speed for multiple laps, until they enter back into the pits. It's a problem in the practice sessions in career mode as well. To be honest, I'm not sure why I would make up a story like that and lie about it?

I watch real F1 regularly yes, I don't quite understand why you're asking. Also, when a F1 car's red light is flashing in real life, that means they are harvesting energy. It's used so the drivers behind them will know they are going to be a tad bit slower, since they are harvesting energy and not deploying any. As for the F1 game, when the red light is flashing that means their ERS is under 10%. 

I've always understood your problem. I am simply adding to this post that your problem with the AI not moving out of the way, and being very slow, is similar to the problem in practice sessions in myteam career mode.

2 hours ago, Scriptures said:

@S.F.27forever I dont think you understood my post? While playing my MyTeam career mode, which is a mode inside the F1 2021 game, not real life. In my career mode during practice sessions, I have personally seen the AI start fast laps directly coming out of the pit lane. They will exit the pit, and immediately start driving at full speed for multiple laps, until they enter back into the pits. It's a problem in the practice sessions in career mode as well. To be honest, I'm not sure why I would make up a story like that and lie about it?

I watch real F1 regularly yes, I don't quite understand why you're asking. Also, when a F1 car's red light is flashing in real life, that means they are harvesting energy. It's used so the drivers behind them will know they are going to be a tad bit slower, since they are harvesting energy and not deploying any. As for the F1 game, when the red light is flashing that means their ERS is under 10%. 

I've always understood your problem. I am simply adding to this post that your problem with the AI not moving out of the way, and being very slow, is similar to the problem in practice sessions in myteam career mode.

i know what the red light mean,its codemaster that dont...they dont start fast laps as soon they come out,its a bug thats in the game,they simply dont move anymore if the car behind is in a fast lap,and worst they race you too,if you try to pass them they crash into you,this game is a joke...they dont have a clue of what they are doing at bugmasters(the new company name)...

i thought you were saying the game had no problem,then my mistake

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I was thinking, during the race the blue flag works pretty well, the AI car slows down in the right places, lets you pass and then accelerates again.
It should simply behave the same way with an 'inlap' or 'outlap' during a qualifying session, with the only difference in the latter case that if the AI reaches the last corner, at that point it launches for its hotlap without slowing down anymore.

Hoping that the problem will be fixed soon, regards,
Nuv

• Agree 1
5 hours ago, Rango said:

Nothing again in 1.14... Just wow Codemasters. Way to stick two fingers up to your dedicated customers. Who's up for a boycott of 2021?

i aint buying this game no more for sure...thats it im done,too many problems and they dont care...just look at other games when there is a major bug  2-3 days they fix it...with codemasters it takes months.. mister wiseguy @BarryBL  doesnt even answer,maybe its not his fault but its up to him to talk with the team.This is A MAJOR BUG you cant do qualify if you have a slow car in front of you cuz they will race you like its a race and even crash at you...maybe when they will see that they sold less they will wake up a little,lets just hope some other team will buy the f1 rights to make the game,that will be my dream come true...

2 hours ago, Nuvolarix said:

Hi there,

I was thinking, during the race the blue flag works pretty well, the AI car slows down in the right places, lets you pass and then accelerates again.
It should simply behave the same way with an 'inlap' or 'outlap' during a qualifying session, with the only difference in the latter case that if the AI reaches the last corner, at that point it launches for its hotlap without slowing down anymore.

Hoping that the problem will be fixed soon, regards,
Nuv

they screwed up somewhere and they dont know what to do for sure...because it worked before 1.12 update...thats why they are not the right team for a sport like f1 thats growing..a bigger and better team should take over...just look at that the f1 season is over and we just got the tracks...just imagine what mess they are gonna make with the new cars next year...thats why i quit

On 10/26/2021 at 10:44 AM, BarryBL said:

HI everyone,

Short update here. I've spent the morning attempting replication here, and after some 'creative' attempts, I've replicated here. Have passed onto developers and logged a bug for this.

This has been "with developers" for 6 weeks... nm the fact that it was raised at the start of August... 6 weeks! 

At the very least we deserve an update. How about now that the season is almost over and there are no more tracks and liveries to add ( watch them update the Mclaren now :| ), the priority now becomes fixing AI in multiplayer?? My entire league has lost interest in this version and will not be buying the next, not only due to this issue, but the lack of attention it's been given. A pretty fundamental flaw for those of us that only really play online. I've literally never been so disappointed and infuriated with a game's release and subsequent patches. 

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Having given this game a miss for over a month, we went back to test it last night. It was better, but still not great.

At Jeddah, AI would not overtake me while I was going slow to let them past (which worked fine on other tracks?), so cars just piled up behind me. They also blocked the first few turns after their flying laps (no clip, my friend experienced it). 

At Spa, AI still slow down too much after finishing their flying lap, see below video. Starting my flying lap and oh look, AI in the way. Barely a car's width to get through one of the hardest parts of the track. 

Edited by Rango

@Rango it's no more or less fixed. I can't even be bothered with the career experience, but when it creeps into other game modes like online with AI and even Grand Prix mode it just makes you less inclined to play. At some point, that's got to translate into less inclined to buy.

Edited by steviejay69
3 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

@Rango it's no more or less fixed. I can't even be bothered with the career experience, but when it creeps into other game modes like online with AI and even Grand Prix mode it just makes you less inclined to play. At some point, that's got to translate into less inclined to buy.

Absolutely, I will not be buying 2022. Not at launch and certainly not at any point while at full price. I'd apply for the beta if I thought that any feedback I provided or issues I highlighted would actually be acted upon and resolved, but based on this year I can't see that happening. It's astonishing that we are now in 2022 and the game is still so flawed. My friend has to restart his wheel between quali and race or he loses all ffb, an issue present since beta. Worked fine on 2020. How do you break something so badly with a copy and paste game??

32 minutes ago, Rango said:

Absolutely, I will not be buying 2022. Not at launch and certainly not at any point while at full price. I'd apply for the beta if I thought that any feedback I provided or issues I highlighted would actually be acted upon and resolved, but based on this year I can't see that happening. It's astonishing that we are now in 2022 and the game is still so flawed. My friend has to restart his wheel between quali and race or he loses all ffb, an issue present since beta. Worked fine on 2020. How do you break something so badly with a copy and paste game??

It's difficult to understand how the issues are repeated but seemingly now if they are alternating the codebase year on year. I suspect many improvements and fixes learned in 2020 patch cycle were not applied to 2019 game code, hence 2021 is royally useless.

This bug was introduced at patch 1.12, why has been so hard to replicate, previous versions were fine. It's not the speed of the AI in the cooldown laps that is the issue, its that they don't move out of the way. They do in the races, but not in Practice or Qualifying. Surely it's easy to replicate, it happens in both solo career modes, every race meeting every session except the race

• Agree 1

Hi, here what happened to me today (patch 1.14) during the last 3 minutes of Q1 (GP Mode).
The AI car, in its outlap, wasn't only keeping the line but it also slowed down a lot in the chicane!

PS: I invalidated my lap just before the corner only because I knew what was going to happen (I had just used a flashback because of that) and I attempted a line as wide as possible hoping to avoid the collision but at the same time don't lose time, it wasn't possible.

• Like 1
On 11/23/2021 at 9:19 PM, Rango said:

My experience is online, Xbox, 18 min quali. Without fail the AI will do their lap and then practically stop and just crawl along (as per numerous videos), more often than not in groups of 2-4, causing complete track blockage not only ruining your hot lap but also causing illegal blocking penalties for AI or collision penalties for both AI & human drivers. I haven't tried career, can't bring myself to waste time starting one just to be disappointed. I only play online for league racing anyway. 

I can confirm, this bug is still there. And it is not the same like some mentioned, when some drivers don't move out of the way. This is a different bug, which occurs in different modes. 

I can confirm this bug, mentioned from @Rango happend to me only in multiplayer (PS4), here in league racing with 4 players. 50 % length, 101 AI. We started a season. In two races (Bahrain & China) the exactly the problem, how it is shown in the videos, happend in practise and qualifying both and have clear impect to the whole season (grid penalty, DNFs for championship contenders etc.)!

This is a game breaking bug for multiplayer AI sessions. 

I never noticed this bug in a whole coop season or in Singleplayer Career or GP mode. Never. Only in Online (League) Racing. 

Please @BarryBL, this really has to get solved. This is hardly acceptable. If needed I can do a Bug report too, but I think Rango did that very well. 

Edited by DonBlanko