Jump to content Jump to content

Xbox Series X - AI speed on 'cooldown' lap causing problems

I believe it's at least partially to do with the speed the AI drives at and interpretation of the rules. When driving below about 110/115 mph the mini sector goes yellow and if the AI are of the understanding that they cannot overtake under yellow flag conditions, surely this is what would happen? 

(Please see previous comment for video) 

Edited by Rango

@BarryBL  Ok so this issue isn't combining well with whatever update was apparently done in 1.12 for the cars matching player speed, as they still slow down to almost stationary, until the player nears them and then they speed up - which is even more ridiculous because at least before you get past them if there was a gap but now they'll wait for you to get near and then fly off again, getting even more in the way while on a flying lap. This game is such a mess.

12 minutes ago, Rango said:

@BarryBL  Ok so this issue isn't combining well with whatever update was apparently done in 1.12 for the cars matching player speed, as they still slow down to almost stationary, until the player nears them and then they speed up - which is even more ridiculous because at least before you get past them if there was a gap but now they'll wait for you to get near and then fly off again, getting even more in the way while on a flying lap. This game is such a mess.

Sounds like a "rubberbanding" issue.

I must admit, when I have the AI at a suitable pace on a per track basis, they punt me off during races and block or crowd on qualifying laps. Highly frustrating with the latter as they're simulated times the AI post anyway.....

• Thanks 1

⬆️ Exactly this! Unnecessarily being driven into on a straight, quali blockades, the game's an absolute farce. We've attempted to play this every Sunday (at least) since launch with about 2-3 races each time, not once had a race without any of these issues. It just keeps getting worse.