Jump to content Jump to content

Delta-Time jumps at the end of Virtual Safety Car

• A detailed description of the issue.

Just before the end of a VSC (exactly at the time, at which the "VSC ends" is shown) the delta-time magically seems to "jump". In the video linked below, the delta jumps from ~ +0.8 to ~ +0.03.

• Report Code

Unfortunately, I don't have a report code. I was version 1.05.

• Platform?

PC

• Game-mode?

Multiplayer Unranked

• [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.

~7

• [ONLINE] Were you the host?

No.

• [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard.

DxDiag of player "DKK31" is attached.

• What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.

Nothing.

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party.

https://clips.twitch.tv/PrettiestUninterestedGnatNomNom-KYF4QXQ_8wi2nXkx

• How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.

See video.

DxDiag_DKK31.txt

Edited by newCDes
  • Agree 1
  • Administrator
8 minutes ago, newCDes said:

Happend again, again in an unranked Multiplayer Race. Video attached. Report Code of DKK31 is

VGDE-HKTH-CGAC-ERMG

Thanks for the example @newCDes.

I would say that is by design here. Remember that you gain time when you enter/exit braking zones compared to the delta. Happened in previous versions. You have to be slow into braking zones to manage the delta. That would explain your penalty.

However, when you enter the zone, there is a drop off. I'll get the devs to take a look here and confirm on the initial example.

UPDATE: Can confirm that the drop is a issue. Have reported and will be bugged. Excellent reporting 🙂 

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...