Jump to content Jump to content

Driver stat 1.06

The driver ratings are a complete joke.  They are compensating difference in car performance with driver ratings.  There is no way Alonso is only a 89...and the only reason they made him a 89 is so that he slots in behind the Mclarens etc.

To further prove this...take all the drivers and order them by pace etc. and you'll see it basically mimics the order of performance in the cars.  The game design is fundamentally flawed because of this.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
1 minute ago, PaddySk said:

It also doesn't work with a new career. So I am not sure if the notification was sent by mistake. 

I think I've seen some post saying that they have seen changes to in-game driver performance?

48 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

According to the in-game mail, no. Although if I try to apply this the mail keeps coming back so I'm not sure if this actually works!

Agreed! I can't get rid of this email even though it was applied.

• Agree 1
13 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

The ones referred to by the in-game mail that appeared with the 1.06 update...

The e-mail only stated that ratings changed but not how. Numerical stats normally change with the drivers stat update. 

7 hours ago, StinG19 said:

Not only that the changes were not applied, but in the my team mode in season three they returned to the performance of day 0, all the lost progress, and on top of the department improvements in my teammate does not count for anything, so basically Not only did they fool us with the performance improvements, but accepting this completely hurt me my team

Same for me... Worst thing is that the drivers aren't even progressing anymore... Hope they patch it really soon. Career isn't playable now. Might play F1 2020 My Team instead.

12 minutes ago, PaddySk said:

The e-mail only stated that ratings changed but not how. Numerical stats normally change with the drivers stat update. 

Quite possibly I'm missing something but are 'ratings' and 'stats' not two words for the same thing?

Anyway, my point above was people were noticing in-game performance changes i.e. Verstappen battling Hamilton. Possibly just a coincidence though...

• Agree 1
9 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Quite possibly I'm missing something but are 'ratings' and 'stats' not two words for the same thing?

Anyway, my point above was people were noticing in-game performance changes i.e. Verstappen battling Hamilton. Possibly just a coincidence though...

It‘s the same thing. 
That Verstappen sometimes wins is not  driven by any update I guess. Visually car and driver performance did not change in-game. 
Let‘s wait for an official confirmation.

2 hours ago, PaddySk said:

I am wondering if still some people didn't get the joke.

These ratings are from F1 2020...

Nope, from the game. Applied the patch, loaded a career save and went to the Driver Market page in the Corporation tab.

I cannot guarantee all the values are correct as it was eyes on the TV and hands on the keyboard and I was doing it only for myself, but the values are from the game.

2 hours ago, R9NALD09 said:

To further prove this...take all the drivers and order them by pace etc. and you'll see it basically mimics the order of performance in the cars.  The game design is fundamentally flawed because of this.

image.png.2d1db8fab366f1aa1f0bfbf1bf5b620c.png

With Gasly and Raikkonen that fast and Tsunoda and Latifi that slow, I cannot see this supporting the argument of the system basically mimicking the performance of the cars, mate.

@PaddySk I'm sharing @Ultra3142's confusion here. The driver ratings/stats were changed in the 1.06 patch, even though not announced in the release notes. The stats I posted I got from my own game, from a career save in day 0. The stats for F1 2020 on release day were as follows:

image.png.f70f0fa5c70a2ef960ad37b06fb67279.png

image.png.cf4bc3ceca51da0bfd3cdfaeb86f88f4.png

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, FTBuzzard said:

just because of the numbers doesnt mean anything. Start a race and check out if something change.

If Bottas doesn't punt me off at the first corner, it's definitely wrong!

57 minutes ago, marioho said:

image.png.2d1db8fab366f1aa1f0bfbf1bf5b620c.png

With Gasly and Raikkonen that fast and Tsunoda and Latifi that slow, I cannot see this supporting the argument of the system basically mimicking the performance of the cars, mate.

@PaddySk I'm sharing @Ultra3142's confusion here. The driver ratings/stats were changed in the 1.06 patch, even though not announced in the release notes. The stats I posted I got from my own game, from a career save in day 0. The stats for F1 2020 on release day were as follows:

image.png.f70f0fa5c70a2ef960ad37b06fb67279.png

image.png.cf4bc3ceca51da0bfd3cdfaeb86f88f4.png

Sorry I cannot believe that and I cannot see it in my career save.

There is no reason to downgrade Lando or Russell and upgrade Kimi and keep the rating from Ricciardo at the same time. Also Gio is close to Kimi and he should get a downgrade?

The downgrade for Yuki was needed but from 82 to 66?! I doubt that Codemasters will do that. At the same Bottas is still the third best driver.

7 minutes ago, PaddySk said:

Also the experience decreased? Come on, it's not funny. 

That in and of itself is not 'wrong', in that the idea here is that the game is being updated to reflect reality, rather than to track driver development from game launch.

3 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

That in and of itself is not 'wrong', in that the idea here is that the game is being updated to reflect reality, rather than to track driver development from game launch.

So you're saying it's not wrong that experience has decreased? Or am I reading what you're saying wrong? 

1 minute ago, Sonic6L said:

So you're saying it's not wrong that experience has decreased? Or am I reading what you're saying wrong? 

Maybe he does not understand what experience means, I don't know 🙄

It's calculated by the driver record of GPs in F1, so it's interesting how this can decrease after 11 races in 2021. 

3 minutes ago, Sonic6L said:

So you're saying it's not wrong that experience has decreased?

Correct. Think of it that Codemasters made a mistake first time around and are correcting it now. It's a question of what the value should have been all along, not a change due to Bottas having driven more races.