Jump to content Jump to content

Driver stat 1.06

5 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Correct. Think of it that Codemasters made a mistake first time around and are correcting it now. It's a question of what the value should have been all along, not a change due to Bottas having driven more races.

Sorry but that's not right in any form. If anything it would increase with this update compared to what it was at launch. If CM have made a mistake then this game is even more flawed than I first thought. 

The only way to compare, is compare the figures from launch to post 1.06

3 minutes ago, Sonic6L said:

The only way to compare, is compare the figures from launch to post 1.06

Which as per my last post don't appear to have changed?

Edited by Ultra3142

I've received the mail 3 or 4 times now, applied them to my Driver Career save. No idea if it's working. Usually you get an article on the forum showing the comparitive increases and decreases in ratings. I have no idea what's changed.

I guess when in doubt, ask @BarryBL 😁

2 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Yes, which as per my last post don't appear to have changed?

Either the 1.06 update hasn't applied properly (there are reports of this already) or CM has uncovered/created yet another bug with this patch and the stats aren't updated accordingly (hence no formal notice/post about this) or the mail saying there is a stat update is wrong and there isn't a stat update but there is one coming in a later patch/update.

Edited by Sonic6L
1 minute ago, BarryBL said:

To confirm here, there has been no stats update in the 1.06 patch

Is it best to just delete the in-game mail about this? I'm just checking that doing so won't subsequently prevent us from applying a change when it is released.

Got the same issue. Mail keeps comming back after you apply it. 

4 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

According to the in-game mail, no. Although if I try to apply this the mail keeps coming back so I'm not sure if this actually works!

Sorry @PaddySk but I don't get the rant. If you don't "believe" that because you cannot get to apply the update on your game, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing that issue but that's your problem. Or it is the other way around and I am the one that got "lucky" and had a driver ratings update applied earlier than it should – then again, not my problem. If you think I'd fish out random numbers out of my backside just to blow steam on a topic, I'm sorry to disappoint you but I'm not that kind of cretin 😉

It is pretty well known that the Overall rating has a weighed bias towards Pace and our chap here @Schneehase even tried his hand at cracking the formula, with neat results. Weighed average, but still averages every other stat. I think it is a waste of breath to whine about some driver going from THIS to THAT in the overall stat when they're intended to affect different aspects of the game. Even if it was a single stat, *****, is anyone here consistently seeing Gasly (90) consistently finishing ahead of Leclerc (87) for instance? 

These are just driver stats, it's a single frame in a whole movie. The experience the game delivers is the one you get on the grid and results page after every GP. The game isn't broken (or at least not any more "broken" than it already was for a part of the community) because of a bump and a nerf here and there on driver stats.

@Ultra3142 yes, PS4.

@Sonic6L I guess yes, that's what he's saying. And I 100% agree with Ultra. The maximum value is 99. Even if they were not tweaking the whole system yet, there gotta be a rebalancing act from time to time to reflect the current grid in a 1-99 scale.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

@marioho

I guess it's more a problem on your side as Barry said there has been no stats update and I am happy that I didn't receive this broken ratings 🙂

It doesn't make you more reliable when you share ratings including "funny" fake ratings like on Mazepin. 

5 minutes ago, PaddySk said:

@marioho

I guess it's more a problem on your side as Barry said there has been no stats update and I am happy that I didn't receive this broken ratings 🙂

No intended update... I reckon the odds are high that the rest of us will end up with stats that match those seen by @marioho shortly but let's wait and see 🙂.

@PaddySk thanks. Yes, I'm suffering with this "problem". My disappointment is immeasurable and my life is ruined. Also, heartbroken that you don't find me reliable, I'll strive to please you specifically from now on and pay due respect to our lord and savior Mazepin.

Blisses & blessings.

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, marioho said:

@PaddySk thanks. Yes, I'm suffering with this "problem". My disappointment is immeasurable and my life is ruined. Also, heartbroken that you don't find me reliable, I'll strive to please you specifically from now on and pay due respect to our lord and savior Mazepin.

Blisses & blessings.

Your childish reaction shows that you don't understand the problem. People are confused enough already that there was no confirmation from Codemasters and this e-mail created even more bugs on career saves.

You don't need to mix up any ratings here and annoy people even more.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

No intended update... I reckon the odds are high that the rest of us will end up with stats that match those seen by @marioho shortly but let's wait and see 🙂.

26 minutes ago, marioho said:

Blisses & blessings.

If I wasn't misunderstanding the discussion, I think I can just clear up the confusions here.

The stats we saw in marioho's game are just the natural growth or decline of all the drivers throughout the seasons in this game. There're a few players out there who had done research on this in last year's game and recorded the fluctuations of the stats from most drivers (both F1 & F2) throughout the 10 years season.

Just remember one thing, the training we did for our teammates in MyTeam does not affect their growth, those are all just temporary boost for one race, their natural growth or decline are strictly set. 

So in conclusion, as well as BarryBL's confirmation, stats are not yet change in the game, it was just a messed up from CM's part. 

EDIT: Seems like marioho did indeed successfully applied the update, I don't know what's going on now....😬

Edited by DRTApophis
1 minute ago, DRTApophis said:

Just remember one thing, the training we did for out teammates in MyTeam does not affect their growth, those are all just temporary boost for one race, their natural growth or decline are strictly set. 

I didn't know this, I thought it added to their overall growth. Makes sense now seeing as there was no change in my teammate's stats.

Just now, marioho said:

Nope, @DRTApophis. Those are day zero stats for the drivers after the 1.06 update on any career save I have. I'm not mixing things up like that.

The data is from brand new career games.

Oh you're right, damn I didn't pay attention to the acclaim level.

Wait what's happening here?? 

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

To confirm here, there has been no stats update in the 1.06 patch

So is it a bug that we're getting this mail then? And that if it's applied, it should have no effect? There's a lot of confusion right now.

Confusion couldn't be bigger.

For some people no effect on the stats, some have weird new ratings and some have bugs where the current save lost the growth on driver and team performance. What happened here? 

• Like 1

@DRTApophis @s00zster given what Barry said about they not intending to include driver ratings update in the 1.06 patch, I'm assuming it is in the game files already and is triggering the persistent in-game email we are all getting. But for whatever reason, when I chose to apply the update my game did indeed apply them. Probably an unfortunate consequence of pushing out urgent hotfixes along with the usual update roadmap and concurrently developing to a new gen of consoles.

@PaddySk sorry mate but you're the one confusing things up here.

I am wondering if still some people didn't get the joke.

These ratings are from F1 2020...

No joke. F1 2021 driver ratings after the 1.06 update on base PS4. 

The e-mail only stated that ratings changed but not how. Numerical stats normally change with the drivers stat update. 

As @Ultra3142, we are all referring to the same thing here when talking about ratings or stats. Those numbers I collected in the tables posted here, driver ratings or stats. Same thing. 

I was unnecessarily pricky and sarcastic in my response and it does not add anything positive to the discussion, I know. Got a beef with your suggesting that I was either bringing irrelevant data or straight out fabricating them. But you should reread the topic.

• Haha 1
  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, PaddySk said:

Confusion couldn't be bigger.

For some people no effect on the stats, some have weird new ratings and some have bugs where the current save lost the growth on driver and team performance. What happened here? 

Were investigating and will communicate as soon as possible.

• Thanks 3
1 hour ago, marioho said:

Sorry @PaddySk but I don't get the rant. If you don't "believe" that because you cannot get to apply the update on your game, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing that issue but that's your problem. Or it is the other way around and I am the one that got "lucky" and had a driver ratings update applied earlier than it should – then again, not my problem. If you think I'd fish out random numbers out of my backside just to blow steam on a topic, I'm sorry to disappoint you but I'm not that kind of cretin 😉

It is pretty well known that the Overall rating has a weighed bias towards Pace and our chap here @Schneehase even tried his hand at cracking the formula, with neat results. Weighed average, but still averages every other stat. I think it is a waste of breath to whine about some driver going from THIS to THAT in the overall stat when they're intended to affect different aspects of the game. Even if it was a single stat, *****, is anyone here consistently seeing Gasly (90) consistently finishing ahead of Leclerc (87) for instance? 

These are just driver stats, it's a single frame in a whole movie. The experience the game delivers is the one you get on the grid and results page after every GP. The game isn't broken (or at least not any more "broken" than it already was for a part of the community) because of a bump and a nerf here and there on driver stats.

@Ultra3142 yes, PS4.

@Sonic6L I guess yes, that's what he's saying. And I 100% agree with Ultra. The maximum value is 99. Even if they were not tweaking the whole system yet, there gotta be a rebalancing act from time to time to reflect the current grid in a 1-99 scale.

@BarryBL has confirmed "To confirm here, there has been no stats update in the 1.06 patch".

•