Jump to content Jump to content

Driver stat 1.06

@marioho

I guess you should reread it. Ultra3142 referred to a changed in-game performance. I said normally upgrades/downgrades are officially communicated by Codemasters including the new stats.

47 minutes ago, marioho said:

@PaddySk 

I was unnecessarily pricky and sarcastic in my response and it does not add anything positive to the discussion, I know. 

Yes, indeed, and for me the discussion with you is now closed.

Barry confirmed that they are investigating, so let's see what we will get. 

• Agree 1

@PaddySk

I think I've seen some post saying that they have seen changes to in-game driver performance?

Second page, in case you don't believe me again, think I'm quoting 2020 posts or dunno photoshopping quotes?

Ultra himself clarified that he was indeed talking about the driver ratings, stats. Their performance in consequence of the ratings update. Just about everyone else... Or almost.

Edited by marioho
  • Disagree 1

i don’t recall what the setting were before I started a myteam  career but after first race off season max and Lewis finished couple seconds between them. Max won.. and third place bottas and Perez fourth was much further behind..  so if they don’t actually show stat changes they have definitely changed... cause previously bottas normally wins and Lewis retires

The whole grid pretty much finished in line with this season.  Far more than before the stat update.. actually it was ludicrous before:

and I have ps5 and no my mail does not stay deleted either.   But I’m almost certain once you accept the mail it does update 

also so think to really see they are more inline with this season you may have to start a new career 

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Like 1

The stats themselves havent changed but definitely looks like the personnel facility upgrades aren't applying anymore.

Since the update, I've seen Hamilton is more often than not ahead of Bottas fighting with Verstappen for the win most of the time, Alonso seems stronger in comparison to the Aston's and Ferrari's as well..

So.. if the personnel facility upgrades being removed is unintentional... can it be intentional please? Or at the very least have an option to turn them off/make them player team only.

Personnel facility upgrades could just increase the likelihood of a stat increase appearing in team activities instead. Permanent stat boosts were a pretty bad idea to begin with, especially with AI getting them. Makes the driver stats fairly redundant if they all get near top stats from the facility bonus.

• Agree 5
13 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

According to the in-game mail, no. Although if I try to apply this the mail keeps coming back so I'm not sure if this actually works!

Yep the email keeps coming back on my 2 player career mode. Unsure if it's being applied, yet Botas seems to still be the fastest,

On 8/9/2021 at 7:13 PM, marioho said:

Just open any career save and go to the Driver Market tab. Or just believe me:

image.png.532be05e491da1c89138fe950d7e9899.png 

image.png.27813794193b3983e32751194ca9df33.png

image.png.2e8ba679448ddafdb7b3bc367d612024.png

image.png.5ab1dceeed4950f5fde07e07dd346cd9.png

image.png.96e09ee0c6a041d2fa908cd12d669b4d.png

image.png.2f981f5502e3ddc237817a817381e402.png

image.png.ad470d560f1d9e6f8c0b9201761ad828.png

image.png.adb25e245084903e478cd3a506cde412.png

image.png.d89d53b9b72ec5eba642ad8b66d8dbae.png

image.png.acb515eb11f9b335543d88e3c2621d98.png

It's an odd one as it seems to be more of a regression of stats than a recalculation. You can tell from the experience stat it is definitely from this year (for example Hamilton's is higher than last year). So it's definitely 2021.

However, it seems like an early working out of stats for some of the drivers, like F2 drivers for example, as they've got less experience than drivers that have never driven in F1 whereas after half a season, you'd have expected exponential growth so they've be in the 40's.

Leclerc is definitely in the bad books of somebody if his rating has dropped. He's lost 5 experience points, lost 1 pace and 4 awareness. He's gained 3 racecraft though!  Woo for him.  Him dropping a few awareness points would make sense but it wouldn't make sense how drivers like Bottas then don't. 

Some stats look better in this one though, whereas others look like they've just plucked numbers out their keisters. What I would assume is that this isn't an 'update'. It's more of an unfinished revision from the transition of last year to this year where some drivers have been updated and some haven't. It looks like your game has gone backwards in time to a mid-revision save, if anything.

• Agree 2
21 minutes ago, Gladystonff said:

These stats should be updated every week, or after every race.  As is done in other EA games.  FIFA, Madden....

Probably, but considering the bizarre stats they've given them in the first place, i'm not sure that would be a viable option.  They'd have to admit the original stats were ballsed up quite drastically or they'll always be incorrect.

Giving the player the option to change driver stats would be the quickest and most efficient way, but even that brings in a whole new series of issues as it makes it harder to identify, and resolve, issues when everyone has a different baseline. 

• Agree 1

Given how often players complain about stats being wrong, or not updated frequently enough, or the performance patch way too late, or again wrong, or Bottas being superman, or the Ferrari engine being too strong - you really start to kinda wonder why they would rather take all this, than releasing a stats editor for the game. It would be like 5 problems solved with one simple thing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
2 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

Given how often players complain about stats being wrong, or not updated frequently enough, or the performance patch way too late, or again wrong, or Bottas being superman, or the Ferrari engine being too strong - you really start to kinda wonder why they would rather take all this, than releasing a stats editor for the game. It would be like 5 problems solved with one simple thing.

The only real arguments I can find against it are;

• Say that your game is having issues after you've edited it. When they investigate it, they're only fixing your game. They'd have to do this for everyone individually as everyone would have different stats they've edited. Keeping things standardised means it's easier to investigate issues.
  • The teams may have a say in how they're represented performance-wise in the game under their brand and image representation. I get that it can ebb and flow in MyTeam though via R&D so may not be a big block. It's like when Ferrari insist they must be at the front of all promotional pictures. 

I mean, they're flimsy arguments but there has to be a reason why they're hesitant to do it. EA are generally open to transferring players between teams and editing stats so it's possible that shared knowledge would come in useful.

• Agree 1

To be fair, most are okay or in the right area but there are some (Russell most notably) that are badly wrong.

A stat editor would be the best solution. Takes pressure off CM to update them and gives the player some more freedom which is always good. Just disable achievements if playing with edited stats.

Personally I'd say they should be: (Exp/Rac/Awa/Pac)

Hamilton: 92/95/93/98

Bottas: 75/87/92/90

Verstappen: 69/96/92/98

Perez: 81/92/84/88

Norris: 60/92/92/89 (Green Focus)

Ricciardo: 80/94/91/92 (Orange Focus so he's a bit behind Norris)

Vettel: 92/89/85/91

Stroll: 65/90/84/83

Leclerc: 63/92/83/95

Sainz: 69/88/94/90

Alonso: 97/95/93/93

Ocon: 63/90/91/86

Gasly: 64/90/94/89

Tsunoda: 50/88/78/83

Raikkonen: 99/91/84/86 

Giovinazzi: 61/86/82/83

Schumacher: 50/75/81/83

Mazepin: 50/65/68/74

Russell: 60/83/87/89

Latifi: 55/77/79/80

The Michael: 98/94/95/97

Senna: 79/97/90/98

Prost: 85/93/96/94

Button: 97/92/97/88

Rosberg: 86/89/91/93

Coulthard: 91/89/86/86

Massa: 94/88/86/86

All F2 drivers should have quicker stat increases so that the stronger drivers like Shwartzman, Zhou and Ilott should be at least as good as Tsunoda and Schumacher by season two.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
15 hours ago, Wynterdust said:

To be fair, most are okay or in the right area but there are some (Russell most notably) that are badly wrong.

A stat editor would be the best solution. Takes pressure off CM to update them and gives the player some more freedom which is always good. Just disable achievements if playing with edited stats.

All F2 drivers should have quicker stat increases so that the stronger drivers like Shwartzman, Zhou and Ilott should be at least as good as Tsunoda and Schumacher by season two.

This would change all their overalls as well so people would be bound to complain about those!  So I worked them out for you just for reference.

There are 27 drivers, and in order of decimal average rounded to the nearest integer;   (I can provide the exact decimalisation if you wonder why some are above others when they have the same overall)

1. Schumi - 96

2. Hamilton - 96

3. Senna - 95

4. Verstappen - 94

5. Prost 94

6. Alonso - 94

7. Button - 92 

8. Ricciardo - 91

9. Rosberg - 91

10. Leclerc - 89

11. Sainz - 89

12. Vettel - 89

13. Bottas - 89

14. Gasly - 89

15. Norris - 89

16. Perez - 87

17. Raikkonen - 87

=18. Coulthard - 87

=18. Massa - 87

20. Ocon - 87

21. Russell - 86

22. Stroll - 83

23. Giovinazzi - 82

24. Tsunoda - 81

25. Schumacher - 79

26. Latifi - 77

27. Mazepin - 69

Are they ones that you'd see and think "yeah, they're about reasonable"?

• Like 1

Nice work on getting those overalls!

For the most part, yes I'd say so bearing in mind that the experience stat will affect some of these scores while providing very little for the drivers actual performance. Russell might still be low but that's down to still mostly unproven racecraft (+ his starts are amongst the worst in the field right now)

The overall score doesnt reflect how they actually perform though. Look at current Alonso vs Leclerc. Alonso has a higher overall but Leclerc defintely performs better in general even when the Alpine and Ferrari are even.

The only ones I'd say that would need keeping a look at with those overalls would be Ricciardo and Norris. I've only got Ricciardo higher right now based off previous form and utilising the focus stat to balance them back out.

40 minutes ago, kenzieretro64 said:

Do i seriously have to start my team to get rid of this email that comes up all day everyday

just open it and back out, don't apply anything, don't delete. It's clearly glitched, lets just see if they fix it. 

That'll stop it popping up anyway. 

It's not like there's a busy inbox we have to manage that it's getting in the way. 

• Agree 1
On 8/12/2021 at 5:57 PM, Wynterdust said:

Seems fairly accurate altho some might need refining mostly regarding racecraft but really not many changes. Its unlikely tho that we see changes to something like this in game considering CM must have had their reason to give drivers like Bottas a 99 Awareness rating and overall 3rd best driver on the grid *cough* haha but this would be one way id agree to for about 95%, changes id make

Bottas: 75/86/92/94 (He is good in Quali but far from that in the races)

Vettel: 92/91/85/89 (Only regarding this season tho, 2017 Vettel would be much better haha)

Stroll: 65/88/84/86 (Dont think think he has the 90 racecraft haha)

Maybe a little Sainz buff

Tsunoda: 50/83/78/81 (Just seems overrated compared to Schumacher IMO)

Schumacher: 50/85/81/83

Mazepin: 50/78/68/74 (He has improved a lot in the races)

Senna: 79/93/90/99 (Undisputed qualifying GOAT but in the race he wasnt as dominant)

And Massa depends on pre incident Massa or post incident Massa haha

17 hours ago, Meza994 said:

Seems fairly accurate altho some might need refining mostly regarding racecraft but really not many changes. Its unlikely tho that we see changes to something like this in game considering CM must have had their reason to give drivers like Bottas a 99 Awareness rating and overall 3rd best driver on the grid *cough* haha but this would be one way id agree to for about 95%, changes id make

Bottas: 75/86/92/94 (He is good in Quali but far from that in the races)

Vettel: 92/91/85/89 (Only regarding this season tho, 2017 Vettel would be much better haha)

Stroll: 65/88/84/86 (Dont think think he has the 90 racecraft haha)

Maybe a little Sainz buff

Tsunoda: 50/83/78/81 (Just seems overrated compared to Schumacher IMO)

Schumacher: 50/85/81/83

Mazepin: 50/78/68/74 (He has improved a lot in the races)

Senna: 79/93/90/99 (Undisputed qualifying GOAT but in the race he wasnt as dominant)

And Massa depends on pre incident Massa or post incident Massa haha

Yeah I'm almost certain the teams they're in has affected the stats they've been given. Bottas, Alonso and Russell being the three that stand out the most. The actual cars themselves should balance where a driver is regardless of their stats. It works with Gasly for instance, high stats but his car is weak whereas we have a weak Russell in a weak Williams so its impossible for him to get q2 which he's only missed once in real life this year. It gets pretty jarring when drivers move and we get Stroll vs Russell in the same team and Stroll's got the higher pace stat 😆

About some stats, yeah some are hard to get a good gauge on them. Like you say, Bottas is a great qualifier but race pace isn't as strong. Really what's needed is more stats. Racecraft should be split into Attacking racecraft (better on brakes and such) and Defensive racecraft (Like Alonso's at Hungary). Awareness should be split into one being avoiding incidents, consistency and wet weather ability. Pace should be split into qualifying pace and race pace. Carlos and Lando at McLaren were perfect examples, Lando had the edge in qualifying but Carlos was generally quicker in race. Button would be another to benefit from that (assuming they keep him in future games).

Can see where you're coming from on your stats!

• Agree 1
12 minutes ago, Wynterdust said:

Yeah I'm almost certain the teams they're in has affected the stats they've been given. Bottas, Alonso and Russell being the three that stand out the most. The actual cars themselves should balance where a driver is regardless of their stats. It works with Gasly for instance, high stats but his car is weak whereas we have a weak Russell in a weak Williams so its impossible for him to get q2 which he's only missed once in real life this year. It gets pretty jarring when drivers move and we get Stroll vs Russell in the same team and Stroll's got the higher pace stat 😆

About some stats, yeah some are hard to get a good gauge on them. Like you say, Bottas is a great qualifier but race pace isn't as strong. Really what's needed is more stats. Racecraft should be split into Attacking racecraft (better on brakes and such) and Defensive racecraft (Like Alonso's at Hungary). Awareness should be split into one being avoiding incidents, consistency and wet weather ability. Pace should be split into qualifying pace and race pace. Carlos and Lando at McLaren were perfect examples, Lando had the edge in qualifying but Carlos was generally quicker in race. Button would be another to benefit from that (assuming they keep him in future games).

Can see where you're coming from on your stats!

Fully agree with you especially the 2nd part! Made a list with almost everything you mentioned myself haha.. But i doubt they will keep the iconic drivers in the game, but we will see

Something's definitely changed for me since the patch / stat update. Immediately after updating, Hamilton has now since been winning and getting poles non-stop in my Driver Career, Bottas consistently second.

No idea what the deal is seeing as Codies are saying nothing's happened, but for the first time since F1 2020, HAM and BOT are now performing realistically. For me, anyway.

Bizarre, and still no news on what happened. 😶

• Agree 2
8 hours ago, s00zster said:

Something's definitely changed for me since the patch / stat update. Immediately after updating, Hamilton has now since been winning and getting poles non-stop in my Driver Career, Bottas consistently second.

No idea what the deal is seeing as Codies are saying nothing's happened, but for the first time since F1 2020, HAM and BOT are now performing realistically. For me, anyway.

Bizarre, and still no news on what happened. 😶

Almost feels like this "bug" is now working as an experiment for CM to collect feedbacks in order to change the driver stat system's structure, I mean...the stats now are now working better than the vanilla game LOL

Edited by DRTApophis
33 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

Almost feels like this "bug" is now working as an experiment for CM to collect feedbacks in order to change the driver stat system's structure, I mean...the stats now are now working better than the vanilla game LOL

Makes you wonder in what way those stats actually work lol Bottas with clearly worse stats than Hamilton being the major player in most careers.. Another bug/feature? 😛 IMO it cant be too difficult to get that system working, just gotta work it up the right way