Jump to content Jump to content

MFD pops up for every 20% tyre wear

• A detailed description of the issue.

After I installed the newest patch 1.06, the MFD pops up (just like if I had damage) after a tyre has gained an extra 20% of tyre wear. Happened for myself and all other for drivers on the multiplayer lobby. During the race I started the race with 6% at the front left, the MFD popped up at 26,46 and 66%.

• Report Code

Will be provided if needed

• Platform?

Ps5 for me, Ps4 for others

• Game-mode?

Multiplayer, practice, Quali and race

• [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.

5 in total

• [ONLINE] Were you the host?

Yes

• What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.

Tried different lobby, restarted, nothing worked.

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 

Will be provided if needed.

• How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.

Jump into a practice session, drive a couple of laps, after one tyre gained 20% the MFD will popp up.

• Agree 3

PS4 confirmed.

From 1.06 notes: MFD will now pop-up after receiving minor damage.

In a way, Tyre Wear could be considered as a minor damage (even having Car Damage set to Off), but in that case we need something like a "Tyre Wear Pop-ups on/off" option in the menu.

• Agree 1

Hi

So I was playing the game as usual and since the new update the multifunction menu has popped up randomly showing me the page which shows car damage and tyre wear for no reason. I read in the patch notes that minor damage now causes the MFD to pop up but I had received no damage and was near no other cars or obstacles. My best guess is that it is deeming tyre wear as minor damage and this causes the MFD to pop up for this reason. 
It is a bit annoying to be honest, is there any way to stop this, and is any one else experiencing this issue?

Thank you. 

12 hours ago, ZAPPADIETRO said:

In a way, Tyre Wear could be considered as a minor damage (even having Car Damage set to Off), but in that case we need something like a "Tyre Wear Pop-ups on/off" option in the menu.

Or for it to trigger only at a significantly more severe wear level than 20%, which is surely not the point of concern.

• Agree 1
  • after last patch mdf popping up randomly once or twice per lap online and offline gameplay
  • Report code:GCRT-DGBJ-XCKX-GKMG
  • Platform? PC
  • Game-mode? OFLINE AND ONLINE 
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host?
  • [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard.
  • GIGABYTE B460M DS3H
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 
  1. How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.

DxDiag.txt

Edited by massa88
upload wrong dxdiag from old spec pc

The 1.06 patch said the MFD would now pop up when mild damgage occurs well it doesnt , but it does pop up when tyre wear reached 20/40/60% every tyre ..i had a race in which i had no indication form Jeff or ther MFD that there was any damage it was all green , yet the pit crew changed my front wing

• A detailed description of the issue. - AS ABOVE
  • Report Code n/a
  • Platform? PS5
  • Game-mode? MY TEAM
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here. N/A
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host? N/A
  • [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard.
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.  - NONE , coz there is no way to trouble shoot it
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible. - Check your patch , or play My team and incur minimal damage , you'll see it still doesnt wotk

• Agree 1

and while im at it , if you do single shot qualifying , your position doesnt come up at the end of the lap like it did in 2020 , you have to wait until the screen shows all the finished laps before you can find out

Edited by Madmaz116
    Recently continued my career mode at France, during full race lengths my MFD Tyre Management Window keeps randomly opening. There is no indication of when it may happen nor can I predict it happening in any way. All though I did not get this issue during full length Practice & Qualifying sessions at the same circuit
  • Platform?
    PC
  • Game-mode?
    Career
    Restarted the game, unplugged and plugged back in my wheel.
    No because I could easily do 5 laps and it wont happen, then it will pop up and go away. I could do 2 turns and it would pop up again then not display for another 8 laps.
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.
    Only noticed at the French track at full race distance, it got too annoying during the race so I exited the game not wanting to try another track..
Edited by auzzie1077
Formatting
20 hours ago, auzzie1077 said:
    Recently continued my career mode at France, during full race lengths my MFD Tyre Management Window keeps randomly opening. There is no indication of when it may happen nor can I predict it happening in any way. All though I did not get this issue during full length Practice & Qualifying sessions at the same circuit
  • Platform?
    PC
  • Game-mode?
    Career
    Restarted the game, unplugged and plugged back in my wheel.
    No because I could easily do 5 laps and it wont happen, then it will pop up and go away. I could do 2 turns and it would pop up again then not display for another 8 laps.
    Only noticed at the French track at full race distance, it got too annoying during the race so I exited the game not wanting to try another track..

On PS5 too. Every time a tyre reaches 20% - 25% - 30% …. The tyre management window opens. It is really annoying

• A detailed description of the issue. After 1.06 patch car damage mfd panel keeps opening every time each tyre reaches 20, 40% .. etc wear. Happens to everybody, not only me. This fix in the latest patch probably caused it: "MFD will now pop-up after receiving minor damage."
  • Report Code: THJM-DBKG-AVDE-GRMG
  • Platform? PC
  • Game-mode? GP mode, happens in every game mode though (GP, Career, Online)
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? https://youtu.be/bA7dFqmJ1po
  • How do you make the problem happen?  Go to any game mode and just drive the race until tyres reach 20%

@Getts0388

I dont think so. As I said in the post, the patch said "MFD will now pop-up after receiving minor damage". Which was a fix for mfd not popping up after minor damage. And I believe that fix caused this another bug, as this cant be a feature done on purpose because nothing was said about. Maybe @BarryBL or someone else can corfirm this, and that are they aware of this.

• Administrator
Just now, dansmotorsport said:

Think I’m going to be one of the few but I actually like that fact it pops up for tyre wear. It only pops up briefly and doesn’t get the way for me at all.

@BarryBL is this going to be taken out completely or made to be an option?

Unsure, but im quite fond on the option. Just doesn't need to be so often 😛