Jump to content Jump to content

MFD pops up for every 20% tyre wear

2 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Unsure, but im quite fond on the option. Just doesn't need to be so often 😛 

Yea maybe when only the highest worn tyre hits 25, 50, 75??

but I should imagine that would take a lot of coding so maybe just change the percentage it pops up at?

• Administrator
Just now, dansmotorsport said:

but I should imagine that would take a lot of coding so maybe just change the percentage it pops up at?

Can only ask 👍

• Thanks 1
20 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Can only ask 👍

I also think the main issue has been lost here , yes its annoying that it pops up for tyre wear every 20% or whatever it is , but the patch CLEARLY stated that minimal damge to the car would show up on the MFD .. it doesnt !  I had a few scrapes with barriers , no pop to say there was any damge but my front wing was changed when i pitted , os it just isnt working properly period.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Madmaz116 said:

I also think the main issue has been lost here , yes its annoying that it pops up for tyre wear every 20% or whatever it is , but the patch CLEARLY stated that minimal damge to the car would show up on the MFD .. it doesnt !  I had a few scrapes with barriers , no pop to say there was any damge but my front wing was changed when i pitted , os it just isnt working properly period.

^Good point.

On the tyre front I've actually got used to it and can see a benefit from it now rather than feeling the need to manually check this. Anyone else?

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

@BarryBL why do the devs think that tyre wear is "damage"? Damage is when something in your car breaks and it's not supposed to break in perfect conditions. Tyre wear is normal usage of your car's resources. If MFD pops up every 20% of tyre wear and this is considered "damage" for the sake of consistency MFD should pop up also when engine components reach 20% wear.
I don't understand how this can be seen as "a feature" and not a bug, also because the real "light damage" such as front wing losing small pieces, won't be shown in the MFD (confirmed by looking at telemetry data). In telemetry I see ~10% damage on FW but MFD is still green and it does not pop up.

Edited by thatdc
On 8/19/2021 at 1:11 PM, Ultra3142 said:

^Good point.

On the tyre front I've actually got used to it and can see a benefit from it now rather than feeling the need to manually check this. Anyone else?

Playing a bit more, maybe helpful if it pops up the first time any tyre reaches a particular wear threshold, but not as each subsequent tyre does?

On 8/18/2021 at 5:37 PM, dansmotorsport said:

If the developers used even the basic best practices in coding, that's a 10 minute fix. If the game is a full spaghetti code then... well...

It's super annoying as I leave the MFD up at all times as on triple screens it's way off to the side anyway, but when the tyre wear kicks in, it moves it to that panel, then closes! So every certain % of tyre wear I have to re-open back to where I want to see (even if that's the tyre wear panel).

• A detailed description of the issue. - The MFD pops up without pressing a button at random times when in career mode and fps seems to drop a little as well. The MFD always goes onto the tyre wear screen as well. happens every couple of minutes and is rather annoying and distracting.
  • Report Code - EJTA-AGPS-PMJC-GTEG
  • Platform? - Xbox one
  • Game-mode? - Career Mode
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host?
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried. - left the mfd open to see if it closes and it does but later opens again, used different controller same thing.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible. - 2nd season of career mode just seemed to happen straight away, when you go into a practice session or any session it pops up on its own. 
19 minutes ago, TFBISE16 said:

Part of the last patch 1.06. MFD will show whenever a tyre reaches 20% wear and will continue to display in these increments as the tyres degrade.

^This. It's not clear it was intentional but it has been the same for everyone since the 1.06 I believe.

58 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Currently have a fix in test for this. 

Can you comment on how this is getting fixed? Do we get an option to disable this behaviour? Do we get an option to disable the MFD as a whole?

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, AtlAntA said:

Can you comment on how this is getting fixed? Do we get an option to disable this behaviour? Do we get an option to disable the MFD as a whole?

Cannot confirm at this time.