Jump to content Jump to content

F12021 PS5 Crashes on Title Screen- Error Code CE-108255-1

When I launch the standard version of the game on my ps5 the game crashes when the main menu appears. 

I have no problem with F1 2020.

I have tested all solutions to solve this problem (hard reset with USB Key notably) but it doesn't work.

The Sony hotline proposes me to reimburse the game because they dont have the solution.

Could you please help me ?

Hi,

Thanks for reporting your issue. However, we do need a complete bug report to gain all the details needed to replicate and troubleshoot your issue. Please copy and paste the template from the below and fill in the answers.

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/79610-bug-reporting-template-all-modes/

Providing this information is vital for Codemasters to be able to investigate, replicate and hopefully solve your issue. Without this, we don't have the necessary information to replicate and diagnose the issue.
Many thanks

Codemasters Forum Team

P.S. If you are still within the refund period, that is your decision and right. Let us know if you decide to do this then this thread can be closed.

Hi, 

Thank you for your answers.

Please see above a detailed description of the issue and enclosed a video of the issue :

• 108255-1
  • PS5 platform and the PS5 version of the game
  • game launching
  • i tried to disconnet usb devices, to change languages, to desinstall and reinstall the game, to restore default settings, to rebuild database, to reset P5 and to reset P5 by using a usb key with the last firmware
  • please see the video enclosed
  • the game crashes after the epilepsy warning when the main menu happens

Thank you for your help 🙂

Hi, 

Thank you for your answers.

Please see above a detailed description of the issue and enclosed a video of the issue :

A detailed description of the issue : the game crashes after the epilepsy warning when the main menu happens

Report Code 108255-1

Platform : PS5 platform and the PS5 version of the game (laster version V 1.04)

Game-mode : game launching

What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried : i tried to disconnet usb devices, to change languages, to desinstall and reinstall the game, to restore default settings, to rebuild database, to reset P5 and to reset P5 by using a usb key with the last firmware

Any screenshots or video of the issue :please see the video enclosed

How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible : the game crashes after the epilepsy warning when the main menu happens

Thank you for your help 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
  • A detailed description of the issue.

Game has only been able to played for first 1 week of purchase. After the 1.05 patch, I cannot get past the title screen before the game freezes then crashes and then show the message for PS5 Error Code 108255-1. The 1.06 Update did not fix it either. If I boot up the game with the Internet disconnected, I get a more general "Something went wrong with the system software" message, no error code. Seemingly the game works the longest on first boot up after turning console on, subsequent boot ups of the game doesn't even make it to the User Agreement screen before it crashes. I can randomly adjust how long the game works for by switching off HDR and 3D audio, Performance/Resolution Mode and other system settings for the ps5 but it never truly works and the game crashes within 1 second of the title screen. This problem is only for the PS5 version, the PS4 version of F12021 and other PS5 games work fine.

• Report Code

F12021 Code: None

PS5 Code: CE-1082551

• Platform?

PS5

• Game-mode?

All

• What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.

Soft Reset of PS5

Tried to start game with internet turned off

Repaired Database of PS5

Turn on/off 3d audio on console

Turn on/off HDR on console

Uninstall and Reinstall game, multiple times

Renew Licenses of PS account

Delete Save Data off console and PS plus cloud

Hard Reset of PS5

• How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.
  1.  I pre-ordered the game on the PS Store.
  2.  The game functioned for only a week or so before the 1.05 patch made the game unplayable
  3.  Long anticipated 1.06 Update did not solve the issue
  • 2 weeks later...

**UPDATE**
Newest Patch 1.07.803111 HAS NOT fixed the issue. Now I cannot even access the User Agreement Screen. I have contacted PlayStation and they told me that they think it’s a game issue and recommended I get a refund.

• A detailed description of the issue.

Game has only been able to played for first 1 week of purchase. After the 1.05 patch, I cannot get past the title screen before the game freezes then crashes and then show the message for PS5 Error Code 108255-1. The 1.06 Update did not fix it either. If I boot up the game with the Internet disconnected, I get a more general "Something went wrong with the system software" message, no error code. Seemingly the game works the longest on first boot up after turning console on, subsequent boot ups of the game doesn't even make it to the User Agreement screen before it crashes. I can randomly adjust how long the game works for by switching off HDR and 3D audio, Performance/Resolution Mode and other system settings for the ps5 but it never truly works and the game crashes within 1 second of the title screen. This problem is only for the PS5 version, the PS4 version of F12021 and other PS5 games work fine.

• Report Code

F12021 Code: None

PS5 Code: CE-1082551

• Platform?

PS5

• Game-mode?

All

• What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.

Soft Reset of PS5

Tried to start game with internet turned off

Repaired Database of PS5

Turn on/off 3d audio on console

Turn on/off HDR on console

Uninstall and Reinstall game, multiple times

Renew Licenses of PS account

Delete Save Data off console and PS plus cloud

Hard Reset of PS5

• How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.
  1.  I pre-ordered the game on the PS Store.
  2.  The game functioned for only a week or so before the 1.05 patch made the game unplayable
  3.  Long anticipated 1.06 Update did not solve the issue

Hi @BarryBL,

sorry to jump into this thread and hopefully not off topic but I am experiencing this very exact crash on my PS5. I have made two posts with more detail on this forums already but I wanted to share my experience as well. I have tried the equivalent steps for PS5 and have had no luck. 

Thanks

• Agree 1
  • Administrator

Hi @KENTOBENTO,

I've seen your report, thanks. 

Just to confirm, you have both tried to reinstall the game? It seems that theres broken game files here. I've asked the developers for some more troubleshooting ideas, however, you may want to consider a refund like @KENTOBENTO said. If so, contact custservice@codemasters.com

Does this happen on other games?

13 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @KENTOBENTO,

Just to confirm, you have both tried to reinstall the game? It seems that theres broken game files here. I've asked the developers for some more troubleshooting ideas, however, you may want to consider a refund like @KENTOBENTO said. If so, contact custservice@codemasters.com

13 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @KENTOBENTO,

Hi @BarryBL

No this only happens to this game. And only the PS5 version as well, the PS4 version works fine. This is what makes me a little hesitant to ask for a refund. But I eagerly wait for an update next week.

Sorry I’m not the most tech savvy person...  but I remember something like this was affecting some friends quite a few years back on a game which I had no issues with... after chatting turned out I was the only person that had internet hardwired.  My friends(internet ones)  hardwired their ps3s and we’re able to start the game.... one then went back to wireless and had no issues after that.   It’s a long shot but experience often finds solutions 

• Like 1

@BarryBLdon’t know how much help this would be, if any, but project cars 2 released a patch.  After users downloaded patch. Some users Game would crash on start up.   Developers had no idea why....  I again had no issues (PS4 this time and had now turned my back on online gaming) and posted tongue in cheek... that maybe cause I had no friends is the reason mine works...a few others then posted they had no friends and no issues.  turns out the issue only effected people iirc who had over 200 friends... patch was quickly released fixing the issue... I was a god until I got a life time ban

If your able to do some cross forum investigations. there is or was a moderator on there forum I used to get on with well... For the life of me I can’t remember his name but he was Belgium.  😁 He would remember the issue has he stayed up all night trying to help and deal with the hundreds or maybe it was tens off posts that came in over the issue

Edited by ScaredDuck

Long shot and not actually sure you can do this.... stay connected to the internet but sign out off PlayStation network....(or create a guest user) restart your console then start game.

few years back after project cars2 releaseda patch. A lot off people were experiencing crashes when they started their game up... thanks to me😁 they found the issue was with peoples friend lists... was something simple like coder put a decimal point in the wrong place.  

Im not tech Savvy so not saying it’ll work but no harm in trying 

Edited by ScaredDuck

Just posted a long shot idea on a similar thread.

the issue people had with project cars 2 crashing on startup was something to do with their friends list.

im wondering if signing out off your xbox/PlayStation account.  Stay connected to internet. Restart console then start game.

i have no idea if it will work.   But @undoxable mentioned that it happened when  he/she( think she cause they were nice and ended apost with a x) tried to log on with a friend to play co-op.  

Codies are back to work tomorrow.  Hopefully they will have actual fixes rather than my random hunches 

in the unlikely event anything I’ve suggested does help find a solution. As you did say you was at a loss@BarryBL . There the smallest thing id like your help with. 👌

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Agree 1

Hi @ScaredDuck,

Thank you for your ideas. I tried your two ideas (connection by ethernet and connection out of PS network) and unfortunately it doens't work despite the last patch today (1.08).

But I have observed something interesting. When I start the game without Internet connection, the crash error is 108262-9 instead of 108255-1. It's strange. @KENTOBENTO, do you observe the error 108262-9 when Internet is off ?

18 minutes ago, flober333 said:

Hi @ScaredDuck,

Thank you for your ideas. I tried your two ideas (connection by ethernet and connection out of PS network) and unfortunately it doens't work despite the last patch today (1.08).

But I have observed something interesting. When I start the game without Internet connection, the crash error is 108262-9 instead of 108255-1. It's strange. @KENTOBENTO, do you observe the error 108262-9 when Internet is off ?

Sorry to hear that.   I thought it might be a long shot.  

The worst thing is.  It has to be something so tiny that is causing the problem for you. A single digit in the wrong place. That’s how i remembered  the problem project cars had.  The coder didn’t allowed enough memory for people with over 200 friends.Because if it was something major.  The devs would find it instantly 

Thank you @BarryBLfor your help and thank you @ScaredDuck for your ideas.

@ScaredDuck:  I tried your both ideas (connection by ethernet and connection out of PS network) and unfortunately it doens't work despite the last patch today (1.08).

@BarryBL: if it can help, as @KENTOBENTO when I start the game with Internet disconnected I have the crash error 108262-9 whereas when Internet is ON, I have the crash error 108255-1. And as  @KENTOBENTO I have pre-ordred the game on the PS store. Two informations which may be useful for developers for identifying the origin of the problem.

4 minutes ago, flober333 said:

@ScaredDuck, thanks for this information. I dont' use my mobile phone as hotspot so my console can't connect to my mobile network. 

The fact that the error is not the same with Internet ON and with Internet OFF reinforces the opinion of @BarryBL that is to say a network problem...

If you know someone that has hopspot my be worth trying.  As the mobile network will rewrite connection settings for its network.  Then you connect back to your main network or will do the same and overwrite what was causing it.

im not tech minded so when I had a technical issue I try all sorts off different things.. and you’d be surprised how often you fix it

Edited by ScaredDuck