Jump to content Jump to content

Melbourne Lap Times

Seabastiaan

Hey everyone,

I'm a student working on a math investigation, and my topic is tire deg in relation to lap times.
I'm trying to get some good data on how options and primes run in Melbourne, tracking lap times and seeing how they improve and decrease as time wears on.
Basically riding them fresh to them bursting.

Thing is, I'm terrible at the F1 games, with wheel and some assists, and cant find a way to put tire deg on during free trials.

So my question is;

Is there a way I can turn on tire degradation on free trial? (Because time is limited during FP and quali's, I don't think race conditions are as reliable.
Can someone help me with getting these lap times? - as in, does someone have saved data where they drove on options and primes

If anyone is willing to help, thank you
the best thing to do is to try different setup that you find on youtube or some racing forum and try it on 5 laps or 25% races.
at the end of the race you have the option to see all your lap time , so you can compare what is the more suitable for you.
mhutch1 said:
why not just use a sim that lets you run free practice with tyre wear, fuel usage and everything on an empty track for as long as you like? You can do this in more or less any racing sim EXCEPT codies F1
Any idea which sim? I tried in GT5 without success, and Asseto Corsa barely runs at all. I could try iRacing?
mhutch1 said:
why not just use a sim that lets you run free practice with tyre wear, fuel usage and everything on an empty track for as long as you like? You can do this in more or less any racing sim EXCEPT codies F1
Any idea which sim? I tried in GT5 without success, and Asseto Corsa barely runs at all. I could try iRacing?
Yes, iRacing has a free drive mode ("test day") but you'll need to have a subscription and own a car that has multiple tyre compounds. Assetto Corsa works well for me (I don't know your specs) and then you also have Stock Car Extreme, rFactor 1 & 2, Project Cars.

Is there any reason it needs to be Melbourne?
  • Codemasters Staff
Hey everyone,

I'm a student working on a math investigation, and my topic is tire deg in relation to lap times.
I'm trying to get some good data on how options and primes run in Melbourne, tracking lap times and seeing how they improve and decrease as time wears on.
Basically riding them fresh to them bursting.

Thing is, I'm terrible at the F1 games, with wheel and some assists, and cant find a way to put tire deg on during free trials.

Is there a way I can turn on tire degradation on free trial? (Because time is limited during FP and quali's, I don't think race conditions are as reliable.
Hi, a 60 minute practice session should be long enough to run a set of Options and Primes from 100% to 0. if it's not just restart the session.

F1 Fanatic record lap times for each race by the looks, here is what I found http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/03/15/how-hamilton-rebuffed-rosberg-in-the-final-laps/

Archived