Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[GAME MODE], realism

Hello, I like this game, especially the excellent graphics and sounds. But last update 08 is a step into the wrong direction. Okay, you added the Finland stages. You added the new cars Subaru Impreza 2001 and Ford Focus. Great But on the other hand you changed the physics more back to arcade mode. Now it is unrealistic easy to go into a hairpin, as if an angel helps. Now it is very easy to race down the narrow and winding roads with high speed (Greece) like on a highway. It is just impossible to get off the road. Everybody knows that this is not realistic. The behavior in sharp corners is much easier now. It doesn’t belong to you any longer. It seems that the car itself knows what to do. Even on heavy crashs the car turns always back to the road (“like a cat on the feet”) and you can easy continue to go on. Everybody knows, that even small errors/accidents mostly lead to an unavoidable stop of your trip. Please go back to physics and behavior of 07 and try to become as much realistic as possible. Add a new degree, which allows the player to get much closer to the realism.

Amen. Totally agree. V2 is not the way to simulation, it is the way the arcade. Reconsider the job.

+1

GrpA impreza on finland feels really pretty good.
There's a good sense of weight and gravity on these stages.

Pls DO NOT give the GrpA cars version.2 physics. Pls consider this with careful thought.
If it's possible, try and come to some sort of compromise between v.1 and v.2.

I was never sure and i'm still not... if it's the actual downforce of the v.1 cars, that makes the cars on greece come to a stop too quickly.
I think it's possibly more to do with the engine braking also.

I remember a while back, codies/devs were priding themselves on how the gravel could build up against the tyre walls and this would create a resistance.
So i don't know if this is maybe something to do with the cars stopping too quickly on greece.
But it does make me wonder because the Greek stages have a lot of medium and heavy gravel.

I do agree with the OP.
It is kinda' a step backwards and i would really ask you/dev's to maybe try different parameters with the physics rather than just subtract downforce.
Everyone knows that you're trying to push more towards sim and i appreciate that.
But sometimes you have to plug unrealistic numbers/data in, in order to get it to feel and drive right.

There is no shame in doing that. This is just the, still limitations of modern PC hardware.
Every sim physics engine needs compromise somewhere.
I don't really care if the data is real world or not, as long as the drive on the stages feels real, good and right.

I must say, not get back to the 0.7 physics but match something new, something between both versions could be great, specially if we are talking about gravity , I feel it too "loose" now. Jumps are insane long.