Jump to content Jump to content

Game doesn't work anymore after 1.06 update

Game was working just fine. I update to 1.06 and it doesn't starts anymore no matter what I do.

• Report Code: CE 34225-5
  • Game-mode?: All
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.: reinstalling the game, restore license, deleting saved data, rebuild database, initialize ps4, change HDD.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party.: just a screenshot with message error "Cannot start application"
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible: the same thing happened when the 1.04 patch was released. The game was working fine, the update was installed and it never worked again until the 1.05 update came, than it started to work perfectly again. Now the 1.06 was installed and the game won't start again! I tried the same procedures, but nothing... error ce 34225-5 Cannot start application...

20210719_150710.jpg

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

As you can read in the inicial post, I've already tried everything on that list at least twice... also countless calls to Playstation support and emails to codemasters. I tried even to replace the HDD. The only current "solution" is to wait a odd numbered patch (1.11 for example) to get the game working then disconnect the ps4 and play only offline.

If I hadn't payed a small fortune for the game, it wouldn't be a issue.

41 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Also, try clearing the cache and then re=installing.

Hi Barry, also tried this countless times... still doesn't work... 

Even local technical assistance couldn't solve this... 

The only thing I haven't tried is to use a hard copy of the game, instead of the digital version. Since I can't afford that and PS won't refund, that wasn't possible.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, JorgeSinfitele said:

As you can read in the inicial post, I've already tried everything on that list at least twice... also countless calls to Playstation support and emails to codemasters. I tried even to replace the HDD. The only current "solution" is to wait a odd numbered patch (1.11 for example) to get the game working then disconnect the ps4 and play only offline.

If I hadn't payed a small fortune for the game, it wouldn't be a issue.

Its a strange one, and zero reports of this elsewhere. Patches working in odd numbers is the strangest thing I've seen. Do you have other games that aren't working as designed.

Can you record a video of trying to load the game, so we can see what is happening and the report code please

• Agree 1
47 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Its a strange one, and zero reports of this elsewhere. Patches working in odd numbers is the strangest thing I've seen. Do you have other games that aren't working as designed.

Can you record a video of trying to load the game, so we can see what is happening and the report code please

Yes! Tech support couldn't find anything similar too. I've researching myself and found nothing like it (with or without the odd number thing).

Definitely the stranger thing I've ever seen too...

I really don't know what else to do... if things here in Brazil weren't so hard with the currency deterioration (1 USD = 5,5 BRL) and my salary barely achieving minimum wage of European countries, I'd certainly buy a new console or a ps5. Obviously this isn't on the table...

Here's the video. Thank you very much for trying!

I really appreciate it!

How to Fix Destiny 2 error CE-34224-5 (Crashing)?

Turn off your console (not rest mode).

Wait until the power light on the front of the console stops blinking.

Unplug the power cable from the console.

Press and hold the power button several times to remove any excess charge.

Turn on your console again.

Edited by steviejay69
  • Agree 1
2 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

How to Fix Destiny 2 error CE-34224-5 (Crashing)?

Turn off your console (not rest mode).

Wait until the power light on the front of the console stops blinking.

Unplug the power cable from the console.

Press and hold the power button several times to remove any excess charge.

Turn on your console again.

As i said, already tried the basics. Including this one.

Tks