Jump to content Jump to content

[ALL PLATFORMS] - MyTeam Saves not advancing - SAVE GAMES NEEDED

• A detailed description of the issue.
  • Game crashed when I got to Monza, now every time I try to load my save file it crashes. 
  •  
  • Report Code
  • CE-108255-1
  •  
  • Platform?
  • PS5
  •  
  • Game-mode?
  • My Team
  •  
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.
  • Reinstalled game
  • Rebuild ps5 database
  • tried loading game whilst offline
  • Tried retrieving cloud save
  • Loaded game from both menus
  •  
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.
  • Try to load game file, icon in top left corner stutters, says saving game, then crashes
  •  
  • I have reported this to codemasters and this is the second issue I have had, they are now ignoring me after initially trying to help with other crash issues after every online ranked match, which the latest patch did eventually fix. Their suggestions for the original issue were not very helpful but at least they were replying then. A lot of hours out into 'my team' as I was playing long races with full practice and qualifying. Plus I'm still having the audio issues people mention. Not great start to what would otherwise be a great game.

kind regards,

Anthony

• Administrator

Hi @AFCMonkey,

Can you attach your PS5 save please. How to do so is below:

PS4/5

·         Insert a USB drive into your console

·         Go to Settings, Application Saved Data Management, Saved Data In System Storage, Copy to USB Storage.

·         Select your F1 2021 save and copy it to the USB.

·         Remove the USB and put it in to a PC.

·         Compress the PS4/5 folder to a zip file

·         Save the information to your Desktop, keep the file name as is.

·         Make sure you add this to your completed bug report

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately there is no option to save ps5 saves to usb for some reason, this option only shows on the ps4 tab and my save is for ps5 so does not show here.

Is there an alternative method to this?

Thanks,

Anthony

32 minutes ago, AFCMonkey said:

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately there is no option to save ps5 saves to usb for some reason, this option only shows on the ps4 tab and my save is for ps5 so does not show here.

Yes, annoyingly/stupidly Sony chose to remove this option for PS5. Possibly to encourage PS+ membership take-up.

A back-up of sorts can now be made by copying a PS5 game to an external drive but I'm still not sure there is a way to then send the specific save file to Barry. It's also possible to do a full system back-up that would inherently include the relevant save file, but again I'm not sure if this provides a way to get to the specific required file.

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/support/hardware/back-up-ps5-data-USB/

• Agree 1
6 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Yes, annoyingly/stupidly Sony chose to remove this option for PS5. Possibly to encourage PS+ membership take-up.

A back-up of sorts can now be made by copying a PS5 game to an external drive but I'm still not sure there is a way to then send the specific save file to Barry. It's also possible to do a full system back-up that would inherently include the relevant save file, but again I'm not sure if this provides a way to get to the specific required file.

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/support/hardware/back-up-ps5-data-USB/

Thanks for this, and yes after replying to Barry I looked into it and I imagine the backed up saved data may be the only option. Will see what Barry says. 

I wish this wasn't the only issue but it is the most important one at the moment as the multiplayer is still buggy as hell, so the brand new shiny game for 50 quid will sit gathering dust, what was I thinking buying a game on release day this day and age!!! 

• Agree 1

Just to check - I assume there isn't any chance you have an uncorrupted save on PS+? I'm guessing you've already ruled this out, possibly has you don't have PS+ membership, but it would likely be your best hope here.

28 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Just to check - I assume there isn't any chance you have an uncorrupted save on PS+? I'm guessing you've already ruled this out, possibly has you don't have PS+ membership, but it would likely be your best hope here.

Sadly they had synced so were already the same file but thanks. 

I’ve had the exact same issue.  Today.. second season clicked to advance to monza... corrupt file cannot load.  

Im unsure if it’s starting the race is the issue.. just prior I signed a new driver and wondering if they had caused the file to corrupt..

22 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

I’ve had the exact same issue.  Today.. second season clicked to advance to monza... corrupt file cannot load.  

Im unsure if it’s starting the race is the issue.. just prior I signed a new driver and wondering if they had caused the file to corrupt..

Revert to any PS+ save you have ASAP if there's a chance it hasn't synced yet.

To late.  Didn’t tell what file was corrupted.  As soon as I realised it was the game file. I downloaded from storage restarted and corrupted file.

auto sync is now turned off.  

Edited by ScaredDuck

And no not going to do a bug report... it’s the same issue as original poster.   

Got it the hump.

just lost hours upon hours off gameplay.  Which is even more annoying cause off constantly getting wet races i had 3 dry races in a row upgrades were finally passing first time and I was on the up and up.  

Now lost OST it all.. so especially not going to spend time explaining every little detail so it makes someone who gets paid for fixing bugs life is easier.  Pay me for the game hours I lost and I’ll do it

The potential benefit of giving full details is that it may ultimately help to reduce the chances of the same happening to other players, or indeed yourself again. 

You've probably given the most useful info already though. 

I know this and I don’t like to have the hump with codemasters.  I have grown up with toca being my all time favourite game..  when it came out it was ground breaking.  

That on general I hate that developers continue to release games with so many bugs using the end user to report the bugs for them.  

Its selling an unfinished product to someone and then getting them to help do the snagging for free. No other industry gets away with it

It all comes because hardly any 2 pcs have the same hardware so developers can’t be expected to release perfectly coded product for so many different systems.. 

but they can’t and shouldn’t have any excuse for consoles. As they have identical hardware and software..

normally a bug I can let go over my head but I’ve lost 30+ hours off progress.  Last thing I want to do is be helpful.  

If id spent that much time on another hobby.  Let’s say gardening and I just got it looking how I wanted.  Only to watch someone  drive a bulldozer through it.   I would lose my temper in a big big way

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

I know this and I don’t like to have the hump with codemasters.

My point was that even if you did, posting bug reports is to help us, the players, not Codemasters. I selfishly like PS5 players in particular to report issues, since there's then more chance of them being fixed and improving my own game experience. Me and others reporting issues potentially helps you too.

• Agree 1
8 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

Ah man sorry it has happened to you also.

I am not too sure if mine happened because I kept putting off signing a new driver as I was trying to get my spec up before trying again.

Had to restart and do quick five lap races to get back to where I was, not the same though as I was really enjoying my first season.

Still nothing back from Barry or via my emails to codemasters which is disappointing. Got a 50 hour track time trophy though now, most of them all lost forever it seems!

• Administrator

Hi,

Thanks for reporting your issue. However, we do need a complete bug report to gain all the details needed to replicate and troubleshoot your issue. Please copy and paste the template from the below and fill in the answers.

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/79610-bug-reporting-template-all-modes/

Providing this information is vital for Codemasters to be able to investigate, replicate and hopefully solve your issue. Without this, we don't have the necessary information to replicate and diagnose the issue.
Many thanks
Barry

• Administrator

Thanks for the files @Kossovard,

Can you attach the entire file path please. How to do so is below:

Save Files

PC:

·         Browse to where Steam is installed, usually this will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam

·         Browse to \userdata\xxxxxxxxx\ (where the x’s are your unique user ID)

·         Right click on the 1134570 folder (this is your F1 2021 save) and select Send To -> Compressed (zipped) folder

·         Make sure you add this to your completed bug report

On 8/6/2021 at 11:16 AM, BarryBL said:

Hi @AFCMonkey,

Can you attach your PS5 save please. How to do so is below:

PS4/5

·         Go to Settings, Application Saved Data Management, Saved Data In System Storage, Copy to USB Storage.

Any update Barry, as you haven't got back to me on this issue and once again Codemasters ignore my emails. 

• Administrator

Can you please attach your savegame files. How to do so is below:

PS4/5

• BarryBL changed the title to MyTeam Saves not advancing
12 hours ago, Kossovard said:

@BarryBL 

Do you think there is a chance that our backup will be restored or on the contrary that the chances are slim and that we can already start a career with my team?

I’ve resigned myself to accepting my data is lost and restarted another myteam career.  

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Kossovard said:

if this is really how it ends i think i will uninstall the game and it will be the last F1 codemaster i would buy even though i have bought them all since 2006. But clearly it's way too much to abuse in 2021 not to be able to have backup recordings of player saves for a game that requires a web connection to play and validate steam rewards.

I have always remained faithful to this license because it respected the livery and schedule and offered the possibility of playing old F1. Now we have neither a correct calendar nor a bonus race (example imola / jerez / portimao in the 2013) and we also have to accept the fact of losing our saves. If this is really the only way out for our backups it is clear that I would no longer buy Codemaster and EA games.

The tragedy is.  And i don’t want to say this especially as I’m so sick off buying unfinished  games and I bang on about it constantly.  But this is the first codemasters game that has really let me down (must point out as I’m old I don’t get excited and rush out and buy the latest releases anymore. Nor do I pre order ever.  I generally wait around 6 monthsAfter project cars 2 and 9 months off patches before it was playable.  Posted on their forum at very best they had committed theft at worse fraud.  Got me a lift time ban) 

only bought this on release cause got hold off a ps5 and this was the only ps5 game I wanted.

anyway despite gutted off losing so many hours and having to restart.  I’m positive there is a great game here just requires patience.

im thinking as covid caused so many things to be delayed  I believe development off this game also fell victim and I like to think codemasters would have preferred to delay release but with ea billion pound takeover I think it’s very likely they were under huge pressure from the money men who just see the end users as cash cows to release the game.  

I’ve been gaming since the launch of Atari.  And I can’t believe any coder would want to be associated with a poorly coded game

Edited by ScaredDuck
On 8/9/2021 at 3:06 PM, zeduck said:

At this stage I'm unfortunately unable to attach the save game file. The PS5 is only compatible with USB extended storage that is at least 250GB and is SuperSpeed USB 5 Gbps.

I don't think that speed requirement is true. That's the required speed for an internal SSD expansion I think.

What's not at all clear though is if anything that can be transferred to an external drive results in there being a save game file in an accessible form that can then be sent to Codemasters. It would be helpful if someone there could investigate actually, rather than asking users to do something that may well be impossible.

• BarryBL changed the title to [ALL PLATFORMS] - MyTeam Saves not advancing - SAVE GAMES NEEDED
  • BarryBL pinned this topic
  • BarryBL unpinned this topic