Jump to content Jump to content

Irritating vibration with the new update

Shier50

I am using a Fanatec CSR wheel, and with one of the new updates (I haven't played the game in a whilen so I'm not sure which one it would be) my wheel now vibrates constantly and I find it very irritating and distracting. 

First of all there seems to be a large amount of vibration, even when standing still. So when I start a race and the car is revving at the start line, the wheel vibrates like crazy, and the amount of vibration seems to rise linearly with the RPM the engine reaches. This vibration gets less heavy when the car is at high speed. Does anyone know how to turn this off completely? 
Besides that I also want all of the other wheel or pedal vibration gone on the gravel coarses etc. What's the best way to minimize vibration with the settings that we have, and still keep a good amount of force feedback?

Before the update I thought the Force feedback was perfect, but this vibration is making the game unplayable for me. PLEASE CODEMASTERS, give us seperate sliders for Force Feedback and Vibration Feedback, or include an option to turn of all vibration, without also removing the force feedback!

Thanks in advance for any helpful responses.

Also, I'm sorry if similar complaints have already been posted here. As I said, I havent played the game in a while, so I don't know how long ago this change in the game was made.
Me too!  Same wheel.  I thought it was a wheel issue, reinstalled firmware (and lost all my settings I had dialed in :/)  I'm about to pull the rim off and unhook the vibration motors. You're right, it is really distracting.
So I messed with it a little this morning.  If I turn the 'Sho' setting on the wheel all the way to 0%, the vibration goes away.  The other thing I noticed is the FFB is drastically worse with this last update on this wheel.  There is very little self centering action.  I can let go of the wheel mid turn and it will nearly stay there.  Anyone else having these problems?
Thanks for the idea, gheeD. I actually just bumped that up yesterday before posting this while trying to fix the steering wheel feel. I had been playing with it at 0 since I bought the game. It did not make a difference in the vibrations.
  • 3 weeks later...
I had this problem too, with my GT2 wheel, and the vibration gets stuck on when it's paused too. I think I remember I turned it off somehow, but for space saving reasons I put my wheel away and can't remember how. Maybe it was as simple as turning the SHOck setting off.
  • 1 month later...
PeufPeuf said:
The solution of JZStudios (Shock to 0) solve my problem
Thx
Sure. I think there's also a in game setting that scales the effect too. (I pulled my wheel back out.) They still haven't stopped the vibration in menu though. I personally don't mind it too much when driving, but having it vibrate when paused is kind of annoying.

Archived