Jump to content Jump to content

PC - Bitdefender app causing blockage of F1 2021 launch

• A detailed description of the issue: 
    Until yesterday I was able to play F1 2021 without any problem, but since yesterday, after the download of the patch 1.06 (maybe it's just a coincidence) I can't run the game because it crashes when I start it up.  I tried to reinstall the game, update drivers, check corrupt files with Steam, start with -safemode and some other trouleshooting found online from people with the same problem, but nothing helped. Sometimes an Ego Dumper error show up when I start the game and sometimes it simply crashes and I have to restart the PC, but anyway I can't play the game no more and I can't even understand what's the problem.
    I spent so much money in the past weeks to build a sim racing seat, so please help me, otherwise it will be useless if I can't play F1 🙁
  • Report Code
  • Platform? PC
  • Game-mode? I can't even start the game
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host?
  • [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard. DXDiag attached, my motherboard is a MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI Socket AM4 Chipset X570 ATX
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried. I tried to: 

Uninstall and reinstall the game several times (also on a different SSD)

- Update graphics drivers

- Do a clean installation of the latest Nvidia graphics drivers

- Update Windoes 10

- Launch the game in -safemode

- Check corrupt file with Steam

- Delete F1 2021 directory in Documents

- Disable all in-game overlays

- Disable Antivirus

- Run as administrator

- Reinstall Visual C++

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. Attached
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible. I simply start the game and it crash literally everytime before I can reach the main menù

img2.jpeg

DxDiag.txt

• Administrator

How to find a crash dump

·         Browse to the folder where you have Steam installed, usually this will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam

·         Browse to the userdata folder and Search for *.zip or browse to through the numbered directories to the relevant remote directory. (Might want to be more clear on the process for this as it implies very hit and miss directions)

·         You should find a file named something like crash_dump#76561198061784954.zip

·         Make sure you add this to your completed bug report

Your file is incorrect @Xander90. Please see above for how-to-guide on how to send us the dumper report.

• Administrator

Hi @Xander90,

From your report and dump files, you have some software blocking the load.

Your crash is in atcuf64.dll file , which is apparently a BitDefender antivirus file. This is blocking your load of the game and causing the problem.

• Administrator

I'd recommend trying to run the game without bitdefender, as something is in there that is affecting your load. Test with this uninstalled and see what happens

I really really thank you @BarryBL, it works now!!! 🙂

I have to find another antivirus, since bitdefender seems to be incompatible with F1 2021, but I don't care. What's important to me is that I can play F1 again! 🙂

Thank you so much for your help, I appreciated it!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Xander90 said:

I really really thank you @BarryBL, it works now!!! 🙂

I have to find another antivirus, since bitdefender seems to be incompatible with F1 2021, but I don't care. What's important to me is that I can play F1 again! 🙂

Thank you so much for your help, I appreciated it!

Just use Windows Defender, it's perfectly fine.

• Like 1

Hi, i played with the game several hours but since today the game is crashing with Ego Dumper. 

Platform: PC, Steam

Game mode: ALL, crashing on start

What i tried: I tried to update my graph driver, validated file integritiy in steam.

[ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.: NOT RELEVANT, game crashes on start

[ONLINE] Were you the host?: NOT RELEVANT, game crashes on start

Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 

How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.: I start the game

egodump.txt

DxDiag.txt

crash_dump#800360-20210812-151843-0.zip

Edited by nubek
updated with crash dump file
  • BarryBL changed the title to PC - Bitdefender app causing blockage of F1 2021 launch
On 8/10/2021 at 2:52 PM, BarryBL said:

I'd recommend trying to run the game without bitdefender, as something is in there that is affecting your load. Test with this uninstalled and see what happens

Any plans to fix this if possible, I know lots of people that run Bitdefender and I think I'm having the same problem

26 minutes ago, FIN2437 said:

Any plans to fix this if possible, I know lots of people that run Bitdefender and I think I'm having the same problem

Third party AV will always conflict with Windows. Best recommendation is Windows Defender.

It is compatibility with Windows that is the issue.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

Same issue since today. also using Bitdefender. You do not need to uninstall bitdefender, you can add \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\F1 2021\F1_2021_dx12 to exceptions in Bitdefender in the ' manage exceptions'  section. I've added the directory/exe file to be excluded from scans for antivirus, advanced threat defense and online threat prevention. The game launches again after that.

Apparantly there is something in the behaviour of F1_2021_dx12 Bitdefender finds suspicious after one of the latest updates of either Bitdefender and/or F1 2021. I just hope it really is a false positive...Never had any problems with any game at all in combination with Bitdefender by the way...

Confirmed solution above by @Ralph14 works.

And with all due respect @steviejay69 telling people to use WD instead of their purchased for a reason AV is like using a bicycle helmet in a race car, ya it might work but not when things go bad.

Oh and has anyone at CM asked BD why it is detecting their program (or parts of it) as a virus or threat?

2 hours ago, RadioactiveJim said:

Confirmed solution above by @Ralph14 works.

And with all due respect @steviejay69 telling people to use WD instead of their purchased for a reason AV is like using a bicycle helmet in a race car, ya it might work but not when things go bad.

Oh and has anyone at CM asked BD why it is detecting their program (or parts of it) as a virus or threat?

@RadioactiveJim thanks for your opinion. 

I generally use AV Comparatives as a point of reference for Real World performance.

I don’t believe that third party AV is required as AV Comparatives caveat is is that the best way to stay protected is with a fully patched and updated OS.

No AV solution is 100% infallible from the results. Before anyone points out that Windows Defender was excluded from the latest Real World test, this was a configuration error on the test machine. The trend over time suggests that Windows Defender performs adequately as an AV solution both in terms of FPs, detection rates and removal / quarantine.

In my opinion it is a worthwhile and adequate solution based on two factors, performance penalty (negligible) and value for money (free). I don’t remember when I last had an issue with Windows Defender. Your mileage may vary but I can tell you I have tried various third party solutions and ran into issues with all of them at some point, actual crashes or hanging, failed updates requiring intervention to get the OS working, false positives and performance impacts that forced me to rethink my choices. Free versions are often nagware and have become bloated, often installing premium modules with limited or zero free functionality (whether you wanted them or can use them or not),

So there you have my opinion too. I don’t have a problem recommending or advising others to use Windows Defender. I use it myself. I also prefer not to use exclusion settings on AV.

As for the deeper question of does anyone report to Bitdefender? Their analyticals would have flagged it if it is coming up as a positive. Obviously I don’t have it installed given my answer so I can’t tell but it looks like it simply causes the game to crash.

I’m not looking to argue as it is subjective. But if anyone is looking as to why my opinion is what it is, there it is. You or other users have the right to form your own opinion and make your own choice.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I need help when I start f1 2021 in the lobby screen I crash.I have a pc that is not compatible for the video card but before the version that came out today I was able to play.

Edited by Octoling