Jump to content Jump to content

Drive Stats Not updating from In game email

• A detailed description of the issue.
    • Receive an in game mail of driver stat updates.  Click apply to existing saves.  Stats don't change.  Everytime I start the game I get the mail message again but it never updates the stats.  Just like in F1 2020.
  • Report Code
    • N/A
  • Platform?
    • Xbox - Series X
  • Game-mode?
    • Career
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.
    • Always hit apply to existing saves when i get the in game mail.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 
    • No. this should be easy to replicate.
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.
    • Just by launching the game...
  • Agree 2

For info, based on a long discussion in another thread Barry has said he/the relevant team are looking into the issues surrounding this apparently unplanned game mail and possible driver stat changes.

4 minutes ago, CasperNL said:

As said here in this topic.

Yes but following more info. coming to light the situation is now as I summarised in my post above.

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Agree 1
7 hours ago, marioho said:

They are as I jotted down here:

No wonder that this is not an official release: They cant release this with Bottas 99 again - how many severe shunts and fails has that man to deliver, before he gets the stats he does deserve? Ricciardo +7 pace over Norris? No way that is being released.

Edited by Schneehase
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
9 hours ago, Schneehase said:

No wonder that this is not an official release: They cant release this with Bottas 99 again - how many severe shunts and fails has that man to deliver, before he gets the stats he does deserve?

And how many severe shunts has he delivered before Hungary? Just asking as there seems to be really strong feelings against Bottas in this forum.

Definition of awareness by Codemasters: is based on how clean driver is and how many penalties they pick-up in races.

I think he is a great driver and it is not easy to be compared against one of the best every weekend. If he looses roughly two tenths in average (2020 qualys) to one of the all time best qualy drivers in history, is that a definition of a slow/bad driver?

4 hours ago, GizT7 said:

Definition of awareness by Codemasters: is based on how clean driver is and how many penalties they pick-up in races.

Sorry for the off topic since this is not the Bottas thread:

That is well known and you do not have to look at sheer numbers only. In the end what counts is, if these driver stats result in a somewhat realistic outcome in game, when you run one or several seasons. I dont think that anyone on the forums is biased against Bottas, neither am I, but the results between him and Hamilton are the reason people are demanding the nerf:

As long as Bottas (whom I agree is a great driver) comes out stronger as or equal with Hamilton (which he has in game, at least on PC / myteam during F1 2020 and F1 2021 games), then his game stats have to be tweaked, until the qualifying / podium / win / points situation becomes somewhat realistic in comparison. There are countless reports that he qualifies equal or better, and wins the same or more races as Lewis does (sure, not in every game mode, sure not in all situations, but in too many) while IRL Bottas has a very hard time to collect wins and / or poles and he clearly is the "wingman" to Hamilton. Lewis won 4 races this year, Bottas none. Lewis came out top in 4 qualifings, Bottas in 1.

The game as it is now does not reflect this at all (since 2020 game at least).

Back in the F1 2020 forum I once calculated this with th results of a full myteam playthrough and he like overperformed +100 percent (I would have to look the exact numbers up, though) while Lewis was vastly underperforming in game. And in a quite large sample. Looking at that, it seemed as if Hamilton and Bottas were either "mixed up" or not distinguished strong enough from each other. There were some words from codemasters kind of admitting it (see 2020 forums) but they added that it would not be corrected for the 2020 game. As it is now, this issue carried over to 2021 and remains unsolved. 

To answer your question, his last shunt before that was in Imola versus the Russell Williams. Out of 11 races he ended 2 with collisions and DNF. That is over 18% of the races and certainly I would not give the "perfect" awareness stat for that.

And ofc you can always discuss if a man with Bottas record (sitting in the best car for so many years) can have stats so much higher than guys who won a lot more races and poles and championships.

• Agree 1
37 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

Sorry for the off topic since this is not the Bottas thread:

That is well known and you do not have to look at sheer numbers only. In the end what counts is, if these driver stats result in a somewhat realistic outcome in game, when you run one or several seasons. I dont think that anyone on the forums is biased against Bottas, neither am I, but the results between him and Hamilton are the reason people are demanding the nerf:

As long as Bottas (whom I agree is a great driver) comes out stronger as or equal with Hamilton (which he has in game, at least on PC / myteam during F1 2020 and F1 2021 games), then his game stats have to be tweaked, until the qualifying / podium / win / points situation becomes somewhat realistic in comparison. There are countless reports that he qualifies equal or better, and wins the same or more races as Lewis does (sure, not in every game mode, sure not in all situations, but in too many) while IRL Bottas has a very hard time to collect wins and / or poles and he clearly is the "wingman" to Hamilton. Lewis won 4 races this year, Bottas none. Lewis came out top in 4 qualifings, Bottas in 1.

The game as it is now does not reflect this at all (since 2020 game at least).

Back in the F1 2020 forum I once calculated this with th results of a full myteam playthrough and he like overperformed +100 percent (I would have to look the exact numbers up, though) while Lewis was vastly underperforming in game. And in a quite large sample. Looking at that, it seemed as if Hamilton and Bottas were either "mixed up" or not distinguished strong enough from each other. There were some words from codemasters kind of admitting it (see 2020 forums) but they added that it would not be corrected for the 2020 game. As it is now, this issue carried over to 2021 and remains unsolved. 

To answer your question, his last shunt before that was in Imola versus the Russell Williams. Out of 11 races he ended 2 with collisions and DNF. That is over 18% of the races and certainly I would not give the "perfect" awareness stat for that.

And ofc you can always discuss if a man with Bottas record (sitting in the best car for so many years) can have stats so much higher than guys who won a lot more races and poles and championships.

I fully agree with you regarding something funny going on as Bottas seems to win lot of championships (have followed that thread). I just noticed the critisism for his awareness stat as to me he doesn't have a lot of accidents or penalties. Imola in my head is more on Russell's side, who seems to have high awareness stat as well. But it is difficult to get this so that everybody would be happy (Sainz currently leading in my game, which I think is just fun).

Apologies for hijacking this thread. Regarding the original issue reported, clicking the email didn't change any stats in my game. Maybe expected as BarryBL mentioned it was not part of the patch. Funny we received the ingame email though 😄

• Agree 1